Compassion for Physically Challanged Gardeners #15

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ack, DH has an interview on 2/27! This moving-to-Dallas might actually happen!!!

Midland City, AL

They kept me in the MRI machine for about 45 minutes. I was a sweaty mess when they pulled me out. I have no trouble psychologically with tight, closed-in spaces. It was just plain hot in there. Those machines aren’t designed to accommodate broad-shouldered men either. I had to keep my shoulders rolled in toward my chest to fit. I was so miserable when the hospital was through with me; I gave Kay a rain check on the romantic dinner. She had to give me a rain check earlier for the picnic lunch at the botanical garden. It was raining and cold. We ended up with pizza and some funny movies. None of the movies were as funny as watching Nadine try to handle a persistent Valentine wannabe. Last time I checked she was trying to decide between telling him she had a communicable disease or that she has suddenly changed her gender preference. ROFL!!! I think it is a case of a NYC boy not understanding the ingrained southern girl instinct to always be polite. Hallmark needs to make an “I’m not interested, but I’m too polite to come right out and say that” card for southern girls ;-)
It was the first mowing day of the season. It didn’t get cold enough to knock the grass back. I’m going to need to mow where we took the Bradford pear out. It is trying with all its might to come back from roots left in the ground. I had to move an Endless summer hydrangea to make constant mowing of the area easy, but I think we would regret doing anything else. It’s predicted to rain again tomorrow. Hoping that will help the hydrangea deal with the move. .
I’m writing “The Manly Flower Garden.” for Father’s Day. (Yep, it takes me that long to write something decent for the blog.) I’ve got ‘He-Man Blue’ and “Iron Eagle” as manly irises. Can you think of any particularly macho daylilies, Debra? (Jim)

(Debra) Garland, TX

There is a "Superhero" Iris

Just a quick search shows: King Kahuna, Big Guy, Tough Guy, and A Guy Named Guy Daylilies. Only the King Kahuna has photos or seems to be commercially available. But, MAN, does it ever have some BLOOMS. I am sure there are quite a few more, it's just finding the right search term to pull them up. :-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, poor Jim, and poor Nadine, too. Unrequitable love and men (or a man) who don't take a hint led this girl to the altar, with an unfortunate ending. (There was also a need for a sperm donor, but now you can pick them out.) Stand your ground, Nadine!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.