Compassion for Physically Challanged Gardeners #15

(Debra) Garland, TX

nadine, you should draw vickie on a motorbike, with a cropped helmet, goggles, and a fringed scarf flying behind her. :-)

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

for those who asked, I will be 60 on Monday May 9th.
I am beginning to move around with less pain from my many falls over the last month or so. The rolling walker with a seat is a blessing. I was able to attend church Sunday and enjoy our cookout that we had on the huge lawn area next to our new building. It was such fun watching those who can, play volley ball.

Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sheri, Glad you injoy watching volleyball and it is definately time to have cookouts.
I have more plants to work with today.Life is good.

It was just so wonderful to join in fellowship at church and watch all the younger ones play. I am so blessed to have gotten that rolling walker with a seat and all. I can be so much more mobile than just with a cane. When I work the strength back into my muscles I will be able to leave it at home ang go on the steam that God gave me!! ^_^

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Wanted to let you know that the Amargia group are off line cause of puter problems. They will be back ASAP.
We miss you Jim,Kay and Nadine.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Thank you, Vickie. I would have started to worry 'long about mid-day tomorrow if none of them posted. :-)

I received a call from Scrapps this afternoon. Her daughter Jessie had her baby (girl) about a week ago, after being in the hospital for bedrest since Around Feb. The baby was 7# at 33 weeks gestation and will go home when she reaches 35 weeks . She has a few little places that still need close observation and time to mature (heart and something else). The Dr told them that this is pretty normal.

They are really struggling financially and so they had to drop internet services. They have just gotten it back on but the $20 renewal is not affordable a this time + she thinks she will be the baby caretaker when Jessie returns to teaching and really wouldn't have much time to spend @ DG anyway.

She said Hello and to let you knopw that they were not affected by either the tornadoes or floods.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much Sheri,I have worried about them.I had their ph# but lost it.The address i had was not their new one and my letter came back.Send her my love.
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, I thought of Steph all winter because of the scarf she made me last year (was it the year before?). Glad to hear she's ok and about the baby. Too many boys born in my family - the world needs one or two more girls.

I have tried numerous times to post about the unusual B-day "gift" that I received. My posts continually dissapear. so I am going to edit Elvis's not to his Dawg House friends
Please excuse his spelling edited to add Elvis's post from the Dawg House thread, after all he is a nearly 15 year old Poodle who never went to any spelling classes!

Hugs all around,
Sheri

Hi eberybodee,
Elvis here. Momze had what she called a "significant old birfsday" on Monday.
Sombodee broke in our basement door Saturday while Momxz & Granmonz was walkin in the water at the Y. They came straight upstairs and to her bedroom jewelry armoir. All of her gold and precious jewels, rings & earings, some antique pieces nearly a hunderd years old. Also,she only took a fanny pak to the Y and so $120 was taken from her big wallet. They got her Canon EOS camera and a ver spensive zoom lense. Momz is praying for these people . Pookie and I barked and we know who did it. It looked like the people Momz has been ministering to for about 1 1/2 years, helping and encouraging them.

I jes dont understand why somebody who has been here petted me n Pookie and sposed to be Momz's friend could do something like that.
She & ;the police hab been talking bout over $20,000 dollars. that mus be a lot cause she was jus in shock for a day or so. She an some men from the church who builded her a ramp to the driveway has prayed an prayed. They ordered a real gud door for the basement and in the meantime Momz has mthe riding mower tight up against that dool. Don't think anybody can push one of them backward when in forward gear and brakes on.

Those people took 3 crosses & don't realize that they stole from God! Momz always says eberthing we hab isn't really ours it is God's, and He jes lets us use it.

Pookie might hab to take ober my writin job here. I cant see an only hear loud hollars, I leaks an has to wear a "belly band" now. Sometimes I fall trying to go down the steps to the back yard an I gets confused really easy.

Pookie is having nightmares since the bad people came. He cries in his sleep and his whole body looks like he's running for his life. We don't know what kinda people had him for his first 4 (or 5) years...he had jes got comfortable here and not acting scared. Now that is back, Poor little cousin.
He asked me to tell you that he is takin obedence classes an loves em as much as I did when
I was younger like him.

We bof are goin out back to bark real loud to the 4 winds, so...listen for us.

Yer gud buddy Elvis an my nephew (or some kind of related youngin) Pookie sure hopes eberybodies and all the aunties & burdees are doing good

This message was edited May 13, 2011 6:28 PM

Hugs all around,
Sheri edited to add Elvis's post

This message was edited May 13, 2011 8:38 PM

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh Sheri, I m so so sorry. It's not just the theft but the feeling of violation of your home that is so bad. I hope the stuff they took burns their hands and brains.I pray they catch them quickly and you get your things back.
Love and Hugs to Sheri,Pookie and Elvis,
Vickie

(Debra) Garland, TX

As painful as it is for us humans, we have the understanding and capacity to move on. Those poor doggies do not. Give them hugs and pets for me, too.

Elvis, blind and nearly deaf may not have heard anything. Pookie has been getting extra love and reassurance. last night we has some pretty bas thunder and he hid under my bed just behind Elvis's bed His leash was on and I made sure he knew I was right there with him.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Sheri,
So sorry to hear about your experience!!! I can't imagine how violated I would feel if someone came into my home and took my stuff. How are you sleeping at night? Hope you are doing okay...
Jacki

Please check the thread I have just started for my Elvis. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1182193/

Midland City, AL

That’s a bummer, Sheri. There is a good chance some of your stuff may be recovered. Criminal types, as a rule, aren’t terribly bright. A young man broke into my van by bashing in the driver’s side window to get to a coin bank I kept in the center console for toll booths and the like. There might have been $10 in it. The police caught him the next night smashing in a car window in the same parking lot. The police even found the elaborate coin bank with my initials on it in his house. People who do stuff like that just aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Poor pups! (Jim)

Well, most if not all of it has been pawned or sold. to get it back, either I or the theif will have to purchase it back. I dont have that king of money (gold was $200/oz when I bought it & now nearly $1000/oz).. I do hope to get at least a couple very special pieces, if my regular Homeowners policy gives me enough to do so

I so appreciate all of the prayers and thoughts of good will for me and my 2 Poodle boys.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sheri, I thought there was a law about stolen property has to be returned to you. Am I wrong?
Good luck I hope it all works out for you.
Vickie

The seller has signed that the items belong to him or her and thus property of the pawn shop. I would have to buy them back for whatever they were pawned for. Pawn shops do work very closely with the police department. As can well be imagined, if they had to release every item that was found to be stolen, they would be out of business and broke in a heartbeat.
Prosecution of the thief is the only option for any type of retribution, + whatever your home-owner's insurance coverage compensates.

Oh No!! I just accidentally erased my entire letter ;-(
My wonderful buddy, Susan, Fruit of the Vine sent me an awesome box of goodies. It is rare for me to receive gifts or surprises, but oh how this topped the cake!! Susan sent me a Bag of dark & mint chocolate squares & the current Birds Many items are Turquoise; a bath-towel, hand knitted Turquoise & yellow washcloth Also a turquoise Aladdin travel cup to carry my turquoise packaged Seattle's best #4 coffee, Ghirardelli /dark chocolate mint squares, Lipton iced green tea, Anna's ginger thins delicate Swedish cookies, turquoise box of Puffs w/ lotion.Pkg of Lindt excellency intense orange dark chocolate squares. A Burt's Bees tip & toe collection along with a foot massager & a word finder magazine.
+ 2 lovely scented candles, 2 pare of ion sox & one fuzzy pair of hot pink socks w/ rubber dots on the sole so that I hopefully won't fall.

I don't have family gift exchanges, but this sure made me feel like I do!

Whoee!! My eyes are leakin with joy.
Thank you Susan,
Sheri / BirdieBlue

This message was edited Jan 24, 2012 11:15 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

YAY for Susan. Hi, Sheri! You should stop by more often. I presume you posted on the other thread as well.

I everbodeez. I benn havin a bad time between my different arthuritis issues & fibro. Am walking with a rolling walker now, what little I walk!
Not able to do much gardening last year ;-( & expect this yr to be the same. My Ortho Drs are pushing for bilateral knee replacements and a new left hip.................oh me.....

Sheri/ BirdieBlue

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry. Pain is so bad! I've heard it takes a year to get over having a knee replaced. My brother has a new hip but he is my little brother and was probably around 40 when he had it, and he is very stoic anyway.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Sheri, so glad you popped in. Missed you. :-)

Midland City, AL

Good to see you, Sheri. How have you been doing? ~N~

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hi Sheri, Welcome, welcome! With all the bodyparts most seem to be getting. Should you all consider yourselves a million dollar group? (smile)
My house is getting an overhaul.New floors,walls painted. Its been 30 years since anythings been done. So It's about time. Sheri,Do take care of yourself.It won't be long till spring.
Vickie

(Debra) Garland, TX

VICKIE!!!! HI!@!!!!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hello Vickie! Your house sounds great!

Midland City, AL

Hi, Sheri. Hi, Vickie. Welcome back.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2012 8:19 PM

Hello :o)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, did ya'all notice you can post more than one picture at a time? How long has it been that way? I am so out of touch. Plus I learned yesterday at the eye doctor that my way high gabepentin dose is what's making it hard to read. Funny, with contacts and non-prescription reading glasses I read fine, but with Rx reading glasses I can barely read at all! Scary.

Midland City, AL

Yeah, isn't that awesome about the photos. I'll have to go check and see if they have that feature in the blog area.
That sounds pretty, Vickie. Is this the first time you decorated exactly as you wanted to Without a man or children to please? I don't imagine a considerate wife could paint her bedroom pink. :-)
Will you be getting any of this cold front coming down, Debra? What a bummer. Things had really started turning green. At least the daffy's weren't fooled by this false spring. I will suggest MK and PJ take their Valentine's outing to the botanical garden a little early before the cold does its damage. Then, we will have some photos to try out the new system. ~N~

(Debra) Garland, TX

Supposed to get to mid20s overnight Friday and Saturday, but warm up to 50 Saturday and Sunday. Shouldn't be too much damage, but I will be bringing the daylily seedlings inside to make sure.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

TEST. continually getting “Problem Loading Page.” Switched from Firefox to IE to see it it helps. If you are seeing this, I guess it worked. k*

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

TEST. continually getting “Problem Loading Page.” Switched back to Firefox to see if it goes. If you are seeing this, I guess it worked. k*

(Debra) Garland, TX

I see both, Kay.

Midland City, AL

It might just be the way we post. After losing a few post, we started reading the thread. Minimizing the page. Writing any response on MS Word and copying it. Maximizing the page and pasting. The minimized page might be timing out or something. That’s easy to work around. Just close out the page, instead of minimizing it. Hopefully, it is that simple. It is good to see it wasn’t Firefox. I don’t like to use IE unless I have to. It’s a memory hog and doesn’t seem to interface well with Kay’s ZoomText program.
One of the neighbors offered to try and get rid of the seacane with a new herbicide that worked for him. No doubt he was concerned our method would be an eye sore and he is afraid of snagging the tarps with his equipment when he does road work. We have sandy soil so the roadside ditch has to be re-dug periodically. At this point, I’m happy to let him try. The seacane itself poses as much of an environmental hazard as the herbicide. Seacane is nightmarish stuff if it gets into waterways. CA is fighting a real battle with it, I understand. It is especially bad in wildfire prone areas since it is extremely flammable.
I made reservations so we didn’t take our V-day outing early. It will be interesting to see what survived the cold snap at the botanical gardens. . It’s way too early to search for any chocolate basil Vort and Squatch may have left behind, but there is always something photo worthy there. We’ll finish off the day at the hospital where Kay will get to sit around and gossip while I have a MRI. Yes, indeed, I know how to show a girl a good time. ROFL. (Jim)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Jim,Are they lookng for improvement on your back? Kay I realy love to talk to people in a waiting room.People are so intresting and I think we are kinder in those settings.
Looking forward to the pictures.
Yes everything is to my tastes in the house. GS,s girlfriend s going to take pictures and post them for me.And hopefully show me how. Keep a close eye out for VORT and squatch.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Jim, DH had the steroid shots in his intrathecal space (not sure where it was; that's where my baclofen pump would go). He said agony for 2 days, pain relief for 2 days, then back to normal horrible pain since then. He says he'll try it one more time but then not.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Will be looking for them, Vickie. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.