serama rainbow of color.

Gridley, IL

I thought it would be fun to put some pictures of colors and patterns of the serama on. add your pictures too please as i love to see all the fun colors and patterns they come in.
This is Rose She is various shades of rusty colors

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

another shot of Rose

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

This is Bitty. I love her pattern,color and markings!

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

not as good of a shot of Bitty

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

Rose in the front and Bitty behind her.

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

They are beautiful!! I like Bitty's color the best.. :)

(Zone 5b)

No way to pick a favorite color, they are both beautiful. I love the seramas!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

They are so beautiful

Ferndale, WA

This is Rusty the Rooster, and his girls. They are Qtip (pure white), Chloe (brown), Prissy (cream n black), and Bit o Honey (creme n Black)... then following in the next pic are my new hatchlings, now two days old. the blonds are all seramas and the black is Modern game.

Thumbnail by Haystack
Ferndale, WA

same five

Thumbnail by Haystack
Ferndale, WA

The hatchlings

Thumbnail by Haystack
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I should have put this link here instead of my other thread.. This is a great description of colors..
http://www.hamandeggsranch.com/live/animals/poultry/chickens/chickens_bantam/seramas/main.htm

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

S_W I'd love to see more pics of your Seramas.. Can you get some full body shots? I really like that Bitty..

Haystack, that lil white one is really nice!!! What a nice pose!

Ferndale, WA

ZZ's that little white one is from Booker, Thank you, she is beautiful and she is just a year old and barely over a half lb. In fact all four of the girls are under the top weight of the A Class. Rusty is barely into the B Class. That is why I keep them seperated from the rest of my seramas...The girls just love Rusty, he is Dot's son...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow.. that is fantastic Haystack! Booker did good there for sure! Interesting, cause one of my roos has a crooked tail, and he produced a real nice roo and 2 winning pullets.. so some of their lil "faults" (according to some breeders) don't necessarily get passed on.
The lil white one really looks like a winner in that picture.. So cute!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay here are my Serama colors, Roos first. This is Copper Jack hes only about 9 months old ( and right now since hes free range and hasnt really met the girls yet , he thinks he is a guinea)

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Here is Carrot, Copper's brother. Right now he is having his first time "visiting "the girls. So far they seem to like him just fine!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

This is my Gaw-juss "Scruggs", Im rather fond of him. Hes a little camera shy though!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

and this is one of the Butterscotch twins , since he looks just like his brother I wont show him.Oh his name is Sugar Daddy , his brother is Popcorn.

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hay this is one of the older Hens that I got from John Scruggs, isnt she a beauty! All White. Her name is Mae (West) Ha ha!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Of course youve already met Chicopea, I love her color!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

This is Tater, She want having anything to do with the camera tonight either!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

and this is Ya Ya!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Richmond, TX

What a colorful flock! I especially like Chicopea too.

Ferndale, WA

I must tell you, all chickies are not created equal. Mae West has that perfect U shape from the back of the neck and the tail. She is out standing but each one is so adorable...It is a very difficult thing to sort out their strengths and breed for the best of what you want, due to emotional input...Hay

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mae is amazing! Wow.. really!

I love Sugar Daddy too.. His color is just yummy.

Scruggs is pretty awesome for wild color.. Everyone knows that makes me weak in the knees.. LOL

All your birds have really good wing set! Seems the roos are all vertical.. very very nice!!
Thank you for the tour.. I loved it!!

Ferndale, WA

One thing I would really like to know is how much does Mae weigh. Pictures are very deceiving when it comes to size and weight...Inquiring minds want to know...Hay

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I have to get a new postage scale, I dropped mine and broke it! But I will say most are very tiny! I think Chickopea is the smallest and then the two young solid white pair I have are going to be even smaller! New scales soon!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

That is so true, and even in real life they are hard to guess... I'm getting much better at it as time goes by. It seems there are some who are small, but "beefy" like lil tanks... those are the ones that mature out of the C class for me.. Then there are those that you pick up and they are NOTHING... not skinny, but just an image not even a chicken! LOL

I weigh mine regularly and record the weights.. or I was, anyway... A mature bird will gain a LOT even if it looks like just fluff!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

So When should you weigh them? Before or after they have eaten!! Sometimes the Crop is fuller so I know that they are carrying undigested feed.

Ferndale, WA

I'm not sure that is going to make a noticable change in weight. However I'm no expert. Eufaula I never thought about a mail scale, I was thinking a hospital scale, you probably just saved me some money. What have you paid for a mail scale?

Ferndale, WA

I know I'm a pain but: Isn't it true that it's the little things in life that count? Well here is a pic of one of my new seramas. See the little black dot on the very top of its head...Well in the future it's going to be Dot or Dottie. I just used that as an excuse to hi-lite my babie...LOL...Hay

Thumbnail by Haystack
Richmond, TX

How sweet! Will he/she keep the dot as an adult?

Ferndale, WA

I'm not really sure Porkpal, but I sure hope so. I'm going to give a monthly update of that bird and we shall see together. P. S. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you...Hay

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Haystack Im a spendthrift! I get my scales from the outreach when donated, usually paying only $1.oo , LOL! The one I broke was really a nice one, dropped it as soon as I got home!
I love baby Dot, so sweeeee-eeeet!

Ferndale, WA

Sheeeessh, at that price you can almost afford to drop them...I looked at some from office depot and they run around thirty bucks. Thats ok, they should last a very long time just weighing chicks once in a while...I have some fresh eggs to incubate but I don't have any broody chicks either. Guess these will just have to find their way to the breakfast table...Hay

Gridley, IL

Hi everyone,
My camera was down for a while but i got it working again.Here are some more pictures of my flock.I have a few more pictures of bitty also.Thank you all for posting pictures!!!!!!!!! im loving them! keep them comming. this one is a front view of Bitty. she did not want to cooperate tonght so not many good pictures of her true conformation.I love the way she is marked Here is a front view of her white belly!

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

another of Bitty

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

Bitty strutting away in defiance! She was not going to do what i wanted so talk to the tail!

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE
Gridley, IL

Ths is Mocha. She is the most beautiful choclate brown with a ring of fire around her neck.

Thumbnail by SHE_WOLFIE

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.