DJ9'S WINTER ROBIN " IN FLIGHT " PT 3

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

We Came From Here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1140753/
WE CAME FROM HERE : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1139033/#new
WE CAME FROM HERE : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1135676/
GUIDELINES ARE HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1134330/
WISH LIST HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1126495/

Please all I Ask is for you all to be Curtious & Post when the robin arrives & When you have Put him hack in the air
I Have the conf# so you do not have to post the conf# I will send the # 's to anyone wanting to keep track .

Also please post the week before the robin is do to land at your place so we know you are watching.
Most of all just have fun My PHONE # Is In the Robin if you are unable to get online to post .

YOU MAY USE YOUR OWN MAILING PRINT OUT ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU WILL DMAIL ME
THE CONF #

FLIGHT PATTERN FOR THIS ROBIN IS

RickCorey_WA--------WA---LANDED ---NOV 6 TH
SHERMAN99----------CALF--LANDED---NOV 10 TH
txaggiegal---------------TX-----LANDED --NOV 16 TH
LazLo---------------------TX----LANDED --NOV 16 TH
DMTOM-----------------TX---LANDED ----NOV 22 ND
DIRTYGIRL71----------FLA----LANDED --NOV 27TH
BETHW336---------------NC-----LANDED---DEC 2 ND
LAVINAMAE --------NC-------LANDED----DEC 6TH
POISONDARTFROG---------KY--LANDED --DEC 13TH
FRUITOF THEVINE--------VA---LANDED DEC 18 TH
GARDENSEEDER63---------NH
JENNIFERSHIPWAY----MD
MOMOFTWO607-----------NY
KOBWEBZ------------NY
CAROLYN22------------PA
igrowinpa-------------PA
MERRYMATH---------PA
NisiNJ----------NJ
JANAESTONE----------OH
DIAMOND9192002-------IND
MAXINE--------------WI

SECOND TIME AROUND

RICKCOREY-----------WA
GARDENSEEDER ----- NH
deejay9----------------MI

IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE YOUR GUESS PLEASE DO
ROBIN GUESSES TO ARRIVE AT MAXINES ALL GUESSES DO BY SAT NOV 20 TH

IF YOUR GIFT IS DEAD ON THE DATE YOU WILL RECIEVE A GIFT CARD
TO USE AT YOUR LOCAL WAL-MART -LOWES-OR MENARDS YOUR CHOICE.

SO GET YOUR GUESSES IN SOON NO MORE GUESSES AFTER THE 20TH.

MOMOFTWO607-------JAN 3 RD
JANAESTONE--------JAN 11 TH
KOBWEBZ------------JAN 15 TH
MERRYMATH--------JAN 18 TH
CAROLYN22-------JAN 24 TH
MAXINE-------------JAN 25 TH
DMTOM-------------JAN 28 TH
NISINJ--------------FEB 3 RD
GARDENSEEDER63------FEB 9 TH
LAVINAMAE-----------FEB 13 TH
BETHW336-----------FEB 16 TH
POISONDARTFROG---FEB 17 TH
FRUITOFTHEVINE------FEB 21 ST
SHERMAN99---------FEB 25 TH
DIAMOND9192002----MARCH 1 ST

This message was edited Dec 2, 2010 2:37 PM

This message was edited Dec 2, 2010 2:39 PM

This message was edited Dec 9, 2010 5:07 PM

This message was edited Dec 14, 2010 6:59 PM

This message was edited Dec 18, 2010 4:05 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

SAVE

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room. I'd guessed earlier the Robin would land at Maxine's on Feb 21st.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Excitement excitement can't wait.LOL
It should be in NC by now maybe> Then to me at the coast yeah

Lavina

We Need a date for arrival of the ROBIN to reach Maxines FROM DIRTYGIRL & IGROWINPA
If you ladies would like to take a guess ???? Let me know .
I Have a few things to do in town again this afternoon so will check back later.
susie

Winston Salem, NC

The eagle, er robin, has landed in Winston-Salem. Thanks to all for sharing your bonus seeds! I'm happy as can be going through the box and looking up unfamiliar plant names.

Bethw336

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Yea Beth its in my state LOL
I am so excited really really excited now.

Lavina

Winston Salem, NC

Well, LavinaMae, get ready. The bird will be flying your way, starting today!

DeeJay9 (Susie) Thank you so much for putting together a wonderful and organized round robin! I didn't expect you would prepare the confirmation for mailing and provide labels!

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the box when it reaches its final destination (or must be replaced). It's already a mass of tape and stickers.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Wow! I can almost hear the flutter of wings.
I am getting excited, too.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

And...Happy Birthday sherman99!

thank you!

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Happy birthday. Happy birthday Sherman.... Have many more.

Told you I could sing well on-line.

Dane

Athens, PA

I sing better on line than I do in person! Happy Birthday Sherman!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

The Robin is next door, so to speak, and I'm getting excited too. I still feel like a vagabond since I won't have much to add to it but will do the best I can.

Happy Birthday, Karen! For well over 20 years, my SIL never fails to call and sing happy birthday, even if her version does have a twist.

Happy birthday to you.
You live in a zoo.
You look like a monkey,
And you act like one too.

Gm All
How about all you New Yorkers ? Are you all snowed In yet ? it is getting close to the christmas holidays & the mail is going to get slower for packages so here are my guesses if all gose well .

THIS IS MY GUESSES AS TO WHEN THE ROBIN SHOULD LAND AT YOUR PLACE BUT I COULD BE WRONG BY A DAY OR SO .
IF ANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO BE GONE ON VACATION OR SUCH DURING THIS TIME PLEASE CONTACT ME RIGHT AWAY . WE WILL TRADE SPOTS WITH SOMEONE .

ANYONE ON THE LIST NOT CHECKING IN IF WE CANNOT GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU WE WILL BY PASS TILL YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH US . JUST NEED TO KNOW YOUR STILL IN OR NOT .

LAVINAMAE --------NC---DEC 6TH
POISONDARTFROG---------KY DEC 13TH
FRUITOF THEVINE--------VA----DEC 15 TH
gardenseeder63---------NH----DEC 20 TH
MOMOFTWO607-----------NY ---DEC 24 TH MERRY XMAS
KOBWEBZ-------------NY----DEC 29 TH

I HAVE RECIEVED 3 SEED CATOLOGS ALREADY ONE IS VERY REASONIABLE $1.25 & UP
THAT WAS FROM A COMPANY CALLED PINETREE ANYONE HERE EVER ORDERED FROM THEM?

WELL I Have a few things to get done around here this morning so hope to hear from a few of you soon .

susie

Concord, NH

im STILL IN DONT FORGET ME! LOL

Ok thank you for checking in :) EVERYONE Must Be out Xmas Shopping :)))

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday Sherman .....

and eeks the parking lots are kinda full ... so I guess many are a shopping

Mary

thank you. i made one trip to the mall no more for me, everything else on line !

sherman I Think I saw where crit over on another thread was looking for you , think it was the Forum she's about 55
something about a B-day I think but you proble got the message :)) Headaches are back so I have been
laying back today Hope all of you are haven a fun day :)))
I'll be back in the morning .
Mary Hope your trip to your daughters was a fun one :) Welcome Back we have missed you here .
susie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Karen .... I am way behind on reading my posts, but wanted to see if you received your Happy Birthday plant and if it was OK?

yes i did, i thought i posted in the birthday club forum. i am so sorry if i did not. thank you very much.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Karen!! I'm alittle late but I wanted to send a wish anyways.

Have you all seen the snow hitting Buffalo? Can you believe how many of the Buffaloans were snowed in on the freeway for 16 hours? I cannot imagine being snowed in any where but home!

I Agree Anita Looks as the Snow is south of us but we might get maybe 2 IN's if lucky & What better place then home to get snowed in Unless it was with other Gardening friends :)
Gee you was up early this morning your off to work I guess by now Hope you have an easy day .

i have a sore throat & sniffels ,so I have a feeling the GRUD Is coming upon me so if i do not respond much today
forgive me .

LAVINAMAE : Looks as if the Robin Might be landing at your Place Tomorrow I tried the conf# but it didn't scan
so not sure if i have the #'s wrongs so will see. tomorrow.

well offf to read a few more threads then i'm not sure :)
susie

Morning all, I went to bed too early last night and woke up at 3;30 am. Of course, I had to be at work at 7am. I was afraid that if I went back to bed I would over sleep...story of my life! LoL

We're suppose to have some snow coming in for the next 24 hours but it has not started yet. Wouldn't it be cool to get snow in with gardening friends, (if I cant be snowed in with Idris Elba)? How much fun would that be? Some good wine, good food, and friends (or Idris) to share it with.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm guessing Feb. 28th for MAXINE to have ahold of the Robin

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

We ended up with 3 inches yesterday so not too bad. DD wrecked her car sliding onto black ice late last night but wasn't badly hurt and is doing okay. I just wish April was here ^_^ I just like getting stuck with DH because he works so much and then I get him all to me! He can drive in this stuff and I can't so if I need to go anywhere he's able to take me so that's extra good.

DJ, have you updated who's on the second go-round recently? I've been finding a few wants off others' lists and wanted to add their envies to the box if they're on the second time around.

Janae, I'm glad your DD is okay! Whoa! I'm with you on not driving on the snow. I'm the only person on the road driving 10 mph. LoL everyone goes around and flips me off but I could care less! LoL I want to go home and make a big pot of vegetable stew and not leave home until it's time to plant flowers. LoL

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

You and me both, Anita!!!!

Athens, PA

Anita - you aren't the only one going 10 mph on the roads in the snow - I am too. I hate driving in the snow. I am another one that has DH take me to work and pick me up when we have snow. Personally, I hate the stuff. I always said I could easily hibernate the entire winter - all I need is somebody to bring me my groceries and somebody to take out my trash!

Here's to Summer and flowers!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

I don't mind the snow, but it's the ICE or packed down 'snowturnedtoice' that I won't do.

Glad your DD is OK. At 19, that might make her respect the ice on the roads, before something worse happened.

Yes, so true, Crit!

Carolyn, I'm so glad I have a 10 mph partner! LoL

Here's another purple beauty to summer and flowers!

Thumbnail by diamond9192002
Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

diamonds:

What is the ID of that beautiful purple and white flower?

Denise

Denise, that is a dahlia Victoria Ann...maybe? I'm sorry I didn't tag any of my dahlias so I don't know the varieties at all.

VERY pretty Anita!!!

Athens, PA

Anita...... Love Victoria Ann. I googled her and it states 'white blooms with lavendar tips'. Hmmmmm, is she ready to be divided? I would be interested. I know I have dahlia tubers that need to be divided as well.

I know my Mystery Day is huge....... as well as some others. This isn't mine, but you these are how she looks.

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week414.shtml

Gm All I think it is morning I have the CRUD So Please Don't get to close to me I Think I slept the whole day yesterday & all of last night & going back to bed as soon as daddy is done with bkf & Sitting back in his chair,

Di as for the second time around so far i have the following .
rickcory
froggy_girl
gardenseeder
sherman99
diamond
carolyn22

Deepseas72 ask to be apart of it but I have not seen any more post so not sure if ben is still here or not.
Anita when you find Victory ann this next fall please add my name to your trade :)))

i have many already if they make it through the winter :) anyone here have any BRUG Cutting to share :)?
well my friends off to check my mail will try to get back later today .

lavenama : I Hope you have a fun day :)
susie

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Ah ha the box has arrived at my home. Hubby called and said it is there. I wish I could go home now.LOL

Lavina who will not be taking phone calls at home tonight,.

LoL @ Lavina! Carolyn and Susie, I could kick myself because I did not label any of my Dahlias. I would share with you all in a heartbeat but I don't know which is which. This was my first year with Dahlias and I did not use a thick stake so my babies started toppling over breaking the stakes. To save them I cut them down earlier and tried to nurse them back along. I will plant them again next year and I promise I will make them and share with you. They are much bigger now than they were when I planted them.

Athens, PA

I love them all. Even the wee ones. I have a bunch that are just labled pot dahilas 'red, white, or pink' and then some other pot dahilas that are labeled 'yellow or orange'....

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.