CLOSED: DJ9'S WINTER ROBIN " IN FLIGHT " PT 2

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Welcome Ben!!!! IIf you think you're hooked, wait until the RR gets to your door. LoL

thank you for alll the info. i should have mentioned that the creek is seasonal and right now is dry it is full of trees and brush that i totally leave alone to provide natural habitat for whatever lives there. property is fenced but fence is wire so probably doesnt count much for protection. i have left the natural brush growing on/near/up against the fence wherever i could. i am hoping that plants just died above ground level and that the root systems survive. right now am muching a lot.

this is going to take a lot of time. have to figure out a plan for planting and hope it works. just kills me that i had a whole field of cosmos one day, devastation the next. might have to go to alfalfa or something. not sure.

i totally appreciate all the help. thank you

Athens, PA

Ben - welcome.

will you be on the second go around on the robin? I have some seeds on your list...

Carolyn

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Ben!

Welcome to the asylum.

If the Butterfly Milkweed asclepias tuberosa already in the robin is all taken, and if it passes by me before you on Pass two, I'll put some in.

(I have no daylilies to offer.)

Corey

Athens, PA

I have some daylily seeds, but not those that were mentioned. I am trying my own crosses this year. I am also trying my own crosses for asiatic and oriental lilies as well........

Ben - let me know if you are interested in daylily crosses.....

I am interested in your nasturtiums...

Ben, I have some pink Celosia Cockscomb seeds I can add to the RR for you.

Susie, will you, please, add me to round 2?

Athens, PA

Susie

please add me too....

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

your on the list anita :) got to go start super then its my time to search for a Good Movie . so wishing you all a great evening .
susie

We are getting snow flurries here and it is 26 degrees! It's terribly cold!

Susie, what are you cooking for dinner? Chili or potatoe soup sounds good!

Gotcha carolyn

I Have Breaded Porkchops , Fried Potatoes & Onions Scalop Corn , & a small salad & PUMPKIN ROLL For Dessert Plenty if you want to drop in .

It will be ready about 5 pm :) Oh & Coffee is Perking .

I'll be there on the next thing smokin'...I love pork chops and fried potatoes!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

diamond, I'm not sure it will even take until the 15th!
Hello Ben,
I am sure I can tuck something from your list into the box once it comes my way.
It won't be long now.
Alana

Athens, PA

oohh.... pork chops sounds sooo good! DH and I have been dieting and it really gets old fast! I love to cook too. I could not help myself - we were at B&N last night and I picked up, yet another cookbook!

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Sorry I've been MIA. Been fighting a cold and just now feeling better.

The creek bed is dry but there may be moist soil just below the surface and provide more heat retention than dryer earth. This is the reason many people will water the garden or orchard the night before a freeze.

Hope this helps

Dane

This message was edited Dec 1, 2010 11:11 PM

GM ALL I Have a New forum for all hope you will follow us come on over & OPEN CHAT .
I think the birdie is about to land today so post on the new forum .
come join us
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1143674/

Interesting Dane, I went back to the Sunset website. I found lots of useful information once again.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

What's going on? I've not seen any more posts here so that I can keep track of where the Robin is so I know when to expect it. There has been no update on the list in the first post here since DMTOM in TX got it on Nov 22!

Susie, could you take a moment to update the first message so that I don't have to read through bunches and bunches of posts or threads to try to figure out where the Robin is?

Or, is there another list somewhere with all of our screen names and dates as to when the Robin arrived there? I feel I really need this info.

Thanks,
Linda

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Scroll up a few messages and follow the link

Dane

Houma, LA(Zone 9a)

I noticed I am not on the list for the second flight yet.

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

New Thread, you may have better luck here

Houma, LA(Zone 9a)

Nope. Still not there.

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

[quote="deejay9"]GM ALL I Have a New forum for all hope you will follow us come on over & OPEN CHAT .
I think the birdie is about to land today so post on the new forum .
come join us

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

What I'm trying to say is post your questions on the new thread. I don't know if Susie is still watching this one.

Houma, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks. Will do : 0)

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

DeepSeas,

I think it is in-between Lavinamae and poisondartfrog. (NC--> KY)

Corey

Eaton Rapids, MI

Hi I am not sure where to sign up for pt 2 of the round robin? this is the second time I posted so sorry for the repeat (just covering my bases) please put me on the list. thanks!

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.