CLOSED: Volunteers Needed For Seed "Flower" Experiment

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well something got my little dried rosehip decorating the top of mine. I think it was a bird. We now have snow. whoo-hoo. I did go out and inspect the back yard before it snowed this weekend. Monardas and lobelias are still springing up as if it is spring. I covered them up with leaves as it is getting down to minus 5 in the next day or so. I wanted to see what the lobelia sprouts look like, so I planted some inside in a pot under light. I will post it so that you will know what to look for in those. I am very anxious to see them grow for you all. And, since the mud came from my back yard south fence area, chances of a woodland violet, creeping sedum and monardas must be added to the " what to look for" list up there. Sorry.. it just dawned on me that the mud might have other seeds in them other than what I kneaded into them.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Had a light snowfall this morning ... just took this photo ... once upon a time my container was covered with 2 feet of snow.

MARY

Thumbnail by merrymath

That is cool, mine are still staying dormant, even with the recent warm up here.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mine look pretty much like the original pic I posted - just sprouts - lol. Though our freezing spells didn't seem to hurt them, they aren't growing either - yet...

Pretoria, South Africa

Mine has melted, but no germination. Will see what happens after Winter. I'm sure the seeds "know" that it won't help them to germinate now...

This is one I brought inside to see how it would go. It melted under watering, then I covered the rest of it up with more soil, and these are seeds I threw in with the mud ball here..

Thumbnail by joeswife

here is what four o clock and morning glory seed sprouts look like ..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Mooresville, NC(Zone 7b)

If you look real close you can see a sprout!!!!!!!!!!!! I also noticed a tiny snail shell to the right also. I didn't see it until I enlarged the picture.

Thumbnail by melsalz
Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I took ths picture yesterday.

Thumbnail by merrymath
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Mine arn't doing anything either. But I keep good thoughts

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

nothing here yet ;{

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Me neither three.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I am still waiting as well. We are getting a solid week of rain so maybe when it stops and we have some sunshine for any length of time. "Hope springs eternal"

We've only had a few skiffs of snow this Winter compared to our usual accumulation, but the rains have definitely picked up the last couple of weeks -- early April showers? And I'm hoping temps hitting the 70's for the next several days will wake up a new sprouts.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

My little sprouts got bitten in our freeze and I moved the mud flower to another spot in the garden. Now I have a sprout in the old location and maybe sprouts coming up in the new one;o) The sprout in the old place looks like a four o'clock and that would make sense as there was a seed that kept coming off the mud...

well, that is good news! I know if it gets warm and wet, we will see some action! I had a mg sprout.. but I pulled it. :P~

Thumbnail by joeswife

You pulled it on purpose or what? You have such a soft spot for MG's.

Could we have a new page when you get a few minutes? This one's getting a tad long even for me with high speed internet.

See results here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1165190/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.