retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2)

Vernon, AL

ok here's the start of the second part. ill get around to posting a link to the first one soon and get them connected.

Vernon, AL

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1073393/ maybe that link is right .. if not .. ill change it

Vernon, AL

VORTREKER
your link and post an the new thread was ok, i dint mind it. i just had laptop problems an counldnt get online .. untill yesterday .. still trying to catch things up here. had almost week worth of purchases in my online store to take care of an get sent out, i like to be fast on the delivery part. the online store is my main income here .. an i only flashed by here now n then for just a second to see if there was any new replies then got off line. being i cant be online very long running a 300 watt power pull constantly.

Richmond, TX

Thanks for the new thread . It loads quickly and fits on my screen.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Good to hear from you. Hope you get your laptop problem fixed soon.

Vernon, AL

ty ty, im bum'n a laptop for a hour or two each day now to keep up with stuff .. maybe it wont be long

Thanks to all concerned

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Does anyone on this thread have an older laptop that might get him by for a while? I'll pay the postage. Mine got stolen or I would send it.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL, my old laptop is so old it's got a b&w screen, not even greyscale! It doesn't get the internet either!

Vernon, AL

LOL ill get it worked out soon... no worries .. but thanks ne how, then ill be back to full on then ..

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have 2 of the first laptops ever made. The screen flips down off the front. It has 2 drives. One you have to put a systems disk in and the other is for your program disc. It's the old floppies. The bendable ones.
They might be worth some bucks to a collector.

Richmond, TX

Do people actually collect computers?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL pork--
probably not but I bet a bunch of folks have them in the closet right next to their George Forman grill. :)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We use our GF grill everyday! LOL I was thinking some computer "geek" or museum might like them. They are a part of history. These were made by Zenith.

Northern, IN

ok. how do you keep the food from sticking to the top of the GF grill when opening it?

This message was edited Oct 1, 2010 12:17 PM

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Never had that problem.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

What is a george forman? and what is a zenith?

Richmond, TX

Just how young are you?

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Dyson, a George Foreman is one of many brands of an electric indoor grill, with a lid that folds down on top of the food, to grill both sides of the food at the same time in a short period of time. They were really popular 10-20 years ago. Suppose to be healthier cooking, because they are designed to drain away the fat.

Zeinth used to be most known as a major TV manufacturer.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

A Farewell to Friends!

Friends, my subscription to DG will expire soon, and I have decided
not to renew it. DG has given me many positive times, but at this point I
need to concentrate on finding “my place in the sun”. If any of you, ever
need my assistance in any way or just wish to talk of the current years crops
please e-mail me at:

dyson.deaton@gmail.com

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sure will miss you.

Vernon, AL

Might as well hang around Dyson, you never know what we'll come up with next .. LOL

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Dyson, you can still access this forum and several others, without renewing your membership. I didn't renew mine either. So please check in once in awhile and let us know what you are up to.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Life is good

Vernon, AL

Oct. 1st our squireel an rabbit season opened here in Alabama .. sooooo fresh squirrel hash, gravy and other Suthern Dishes are appearing at my cabin .. hehee yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmie

North of Heber, AZ(Zone 6b)

Oh wow, freedom, what time is dinner? I wanna be there . . .

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Mmmm

I caught one of my roos off the roost tonight and put him in a small cage. I will butcher him tomorrow and cook him for supper if all goes
well.

A friend who sold his horse has given me the hay hed left in his loft. 10 or so bales. Sure will help.

Vernon, AL

supper time round here is always round 6:00 come on down

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have traded an extra saddle for $200 worth of hay. I didn't need the saddle and I can sure use the hay. Gives me breathing room.

Richmond, TX

Long live the barter system!

Vernon, AL

yeah kinda hard to beat the barter systsem, sometimes its almost like gettin something for nothing.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I wish I could trade a fe horses for hay then I'd be set with the ones I keep. Or maybe trade them for a big metal shed. I could really use that.

Vernon, AL

you'd miss your horses then Cajun, i know i would, wish i had a horse or two here... sure would make gettin around alot easier. plannin on gettin a few goats tho. to clear some thickets an brush .. an maybe for some milk also. horses, cows goats chickens all are good natural ferterlizer hehee grow maters the size of soft balls

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You re right about the maters. At the last house, I built a new mater bed from just rotted manure and sawdust. No dirt. The maure pile had been outside for about a year. I moved it and planted in it. I had maters as big as cabbages it seemed like. And a whole lot of 'em. Then I had to move.

Vernon, AL

My Grand Parents always grew the biggest maters i ever seen, loaded with acid an i mean BIG ones. one slice would hang off all 4 edges of a sammich. never learned all their secrets but i do remember tote'n 5 gallon buckets full of cow manure from the barn lot to the mater patch where she planted her maters for years an years same spot .. never moved em.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Subscription has ended - can still access/post here & still have d-mail - again - Life is good.

Best to all

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Dyson, WhooHoo!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Getting ready to enclose the screen porch with plastic for the winter and when it warms up have to install a starter on Sue's truck, that should take care of today!

Vernon, AL

Sounds like a Days worth of work ... glad your back Dyson

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like you have a full day.

Richmond, TX

General question: How come some people's names come up in blue and some in green? Does every one see their own name in green?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.