319X
Norma

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

320X
Pink Speckled Cross Half Speckled/Half Solid

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

Love the show of blooms Emma Thanks for sharing them with us.

Robbie

(Zone 7a)

all very lovely, Emma

Thank so much Robbie and Karen
I have enjoyed all of my MGs this year so much and it is hard to pick a favorite.
However, the best photos are yet to come that for certain include some that I do L♥ve

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi Emma, I feel like a little girl in a Candy store.. " Mom.. I like #293 x, can I have one? or hmmm no wait, MOM can I have a #283? " LOL seriously, they are all beautiful..

Hubby says they are all beautiful, too..

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I agree! There is no way I could pick just one for a favorite.

Thank you Debra and skellogg -

I too am having difficulty with choosing a favorite

I agree with everyone as well i cant pic a fav they are all so beautiful i love them all.
Thanks for sharing them with us Emma.

You are very welcome, Robbie

A few more recent blooms
321X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

322X
Ukigumo Cross

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Jamie Lynn

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Seiwa Flaked

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

326X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Love them all Emma they are just soooo pretty.
I love seeing all the MG's you grow i know that these are just a few of what you grow and wish i could walk in your gardens to see all the things you have.
I will most definitely be planting more than i have in the past next year.
You have inspired me to try more than just a few.
it wont be nowhere near the 700 that you grow but more than what i have now.

Thank you Robbie,

I need to give you some ideas on how to make a Trellis that is super easy, and inexpensive. Maybe we can talk by phone so I can explain more easily.
I have taken a great set of step-by-step photos when Jerry put my last ones together that I'll post on my web site if I can ever get back to working on it. It is 'still' just sitting there.

Most of my original MGs are winding down now and I am ripping them out when I get my last seed from them. The last group that I planted are still putting on a show and next week I'll be working on those to get them to perform to their maximum by feeding them again. My last group is even more incredible than the first.

Here is another new Cross that I couldn't believe. First blooms this morning on it and it is an incredible Purple & White Striated HUGE bloom. There were four there to greet me this am.

328X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

329X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

330X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

331X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thank You Emma i would like any ideas for a trellis that you can give me.
This bloom is wonderful, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8100719

Thanks Robbie -

I almost fell off my step ladder when I saw those this am. wOw!

Kewl,
Anytime after this week when our fall annual Master Gardener's plant sale is over with.
In fact, I'm out the door to go pot up *more* plants

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh my goosh ..............yum !
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8100238

Oh my goosh again.......YUM YUM !!!!
I really like this one ! It looks good enough to eat !

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8100238

You are so funny, MJ
Be sure to keep a list of what you want so I can send you seeds
The Seiwa IS incredible. Some of the Blooms with have a Baby Blue and Burgundy Coloration like the one posted below. Others will have even more spectacular coloration.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I just want to know how on earth you keep all the seed pods seperate? It's really hard for me to figure out which seed pod is which flower, lol! Apparently I need to plant them all in different places :-)

Hi skellogg-
It is not an easy job, but somehow I manage to do it. I think the easiest part is that I keep up with all of my MGs with number IDs for each vine. My ID number and any other information about each vine I keep on a Master List.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL! That's a good question! Growing 700 vines so close together has got to be a real challenge!!

Should be fun to see what the blooms and vines look like that everyone will be growing out from seeds Emma is sharing this year! Can you imagine all these different crosses that you may be growing next year??? She is sooo generous to share with everyone here!!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Awesome display, Emma, I would have fallen off the ladder for sure. The Seiwa is so pretty, but so are the others.
Really is hard to pick a favorite,, I am just glad we get to see them here!

Thank you Debra

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Quote from joeswife :
Awesome display, Emma, I would have fallen off the ladder for sure. The Seiwa is so pretty, but so are the others.
Really is hard to pick a favorite,, I am just glad we get to see them here!

Debra,
You couldn't have said it better.........
mj

Thank you MJ,
[And Thanks again Debra]
What a kind reply

What you are doing is incredible. In the future you will be seen as a pivotal figure in the development of morning glory varieties, particularly I. nil varieties!

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Quote from EmmaGrace :
Hi Sarah . . .
Thanks for your info

Hi Becky . . .
This year, I am only growing My Crosses, a few that I have previously grown and a few from seeds that I got from Japan.
I have only received 2 mailings of seeds from you with only a few seeds in each packet. Also, I don’t recall receiving any LYK seeds from you and have only grown out a few seeds that were very specific solids or bi-colors that did not produce any significant variations. The other seeds are still in the original packets as received. I wish I had photos to share, but I do not.

I am still in the process of attempting to organize all of my photos and will be posting more as soon as I can. Here are a few recently taken

283X

MusoRojo - Emma does have a lot of nice blooms and many she says are her crosses or she gets from Japan. Crosses are different than hybrids, though. They may or may not come true, as many of us have found out by also creating our own crosses or getting seeds from open-pollination. If you want to see some amazing "hybrids", check out this site for the Kyushu University laboratory in Japan. It is a photo list of all their current hybrids and some other species that they grow. It's amazing what the Japanese have created over many generations!

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fmg.biology.kyushu-u.ac.jp%2fmg-files%2fstrainlist-brandnew%2f06catalog%2findex.html

Emma - Do you grow seeds from KU, too?

MusoRojo - Many of us here do hand-pollinating to make crosses. It's really easy to do! You should try it! You never know what you might get! :-) :-) :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.