Emma’s Texas Asagao Plantation 2010 #2

szarvas, Hungary

Wonderful fireworks in Blue!
Light blue, dark blue and some white highlights.
There is no better!

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Dany,
These 'Blues' really are awesome

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Just curious ...

What parent vines did you use to get "your cross"?

NW/Central , IL(Zone 5a)

Hi folks,
The original Diluted no Murasaki seed was from Emma. The seed was from a free gift pack of "5 blues " from a purchase I made from her on ebay in the fall that year. The seeds had to have come from her, since I grew them the next spring from her labeled zip bag. I had not collected any seeds of my own, from any MGs until Emma suggested I start collecting them, the year the DFNM turned up. I have many free zip bags of seeds from Emma, either ebay free ones or just offered. I think the DFNM was beginners luck. I planted them in a bad spot, and the one germinated. The others rolled away to somewhere in a hard rain.
I have not sent any sees to anyone except the DFNM seeds from the original vine to the 5 people who asked for them. Nor have I D mailed or emailed requests of seeds at anytime from anyone, the one exception being some I. Sloteri Apricot Candy seeds from Emma a couple of years ago. Having said that, Emma and Becky have both been kind enough in the past to d-mail me and offered seeds to me, and I appreciate that and love growing them.

Emma - I have shared well over a 100 seeds with you in past trades. I don't believe I've seen any bloom photos of them except the triple pink hige. Have you grown them out? Since you grew out over 700 vines this year, I was wondering if any of my shared seeds are in this current grow-out? I know folks post photos of your seed grow-outs from trades with you. It would be fun to see some of ours in your garden! You've asked for and received some of my LYK seeds twice and I always wondered what the blooms looked like from my crosses of those genes. Do you have any photos you could share with us of the blooms? I'd ♥ love to see them!

Sarah - Did you have any luck growing the seeds I shared with you this past winter? I'd love to see photos of any blooms you got, too!

This message was edited Sep 9, 2010 10:52 PM

Hi Sarah . . .
Thanks for your info

Hi Becky . . .
This year, I am only growing My Crosses, a few that I have previously grown and a few from seeds that I got from Japan.
I have only received 2 mailings of seeds from you with only a few seeds in each packet. Also, I don’t recall receiving any LYK seeds from you and have only grown out a few seeds that were very specific solids or bi-colors that did not produce any significant variations. The other seeds are still in the original packets as received. I wish I had photos to share, but I do not.

I am still in the process of attempting to organize all of my photos and will be posting more as soon as I can. Here are a few recently taken

283X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

286X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

287X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

288X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

289X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

290X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

291X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

292X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

293X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

294X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Beautiful blooms, Emma! You must get seeds from everywhere and everyone to have so many different ones! I guess by looking at your hundreds of posted bloom photos this year that it must be true what they say "that every MG seed grows into a unique vine"! :-) Isn't that why registered cultivars of plants like Brugs and Daylilies are not considered true unless it is from a cutting or fan of the original plant? Pretty amazing the possibilities, isn't it?! :-)

In response to your post: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8092525

When I started trading MG seeds back in 2006, you suggested I keep records and correspondence of all my trades for reference in case anyone had any questions. That was good advice! :-) I have kept all dmail trade correspondences from every trade I have made with others. I looked at my trade correspondences with you and I sent you 105 MG seeds (plus 5 of my Mixed 4 O'Clock seeds) in Nov. 2007, 60 MG seeds in August of 2008, and another 65+ MG seeds in May 2009. So I was mistaken. That is actually over 200 seeds in 3 trades. I think the first year I sent you 12 seeds of each cultivar. After that though, it was the standard 5 seeds per cultivar trade. Most of the seeds were I. nils, but I did send a few I. purpurea seeds as well which included the one I called pink triple feather/hige. I re-read our correspondence dmails about the LYK because you got some unusual blooms from the seeds I sent you in 2008. Perhaps that is why you wanted more seeds? My LYK crosses do produce some interesting blooms at times. Unfortunately, you never did get around to sharing any of the bloom photos, which I had hoped you would. I really wanted to see them, as I am sure you understand. I know you enjoy seeing bloom photos from the seeds you share with others.

You probably stay very busy keeping track of all the seeds you have received in trades over the years, as well as all the seeds you so kindly trade/share with so many members here on DG, and that is not even counting all the seeds you purchase from Japan! I don't know how you keep track of thousands of seeds like that! It would be a real challenge for me! What is your secret?

Thank you Becky . . .
I will be sure to check out the seeds when I get the chance

295X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

297X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

300X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Pretoria, South Africa

Emma,

I just love all your blue flowers... especially, NO, I am not going to start listing them! LOL! They are ALL beautiful!

Elsa

Thank you Elsa
Too funny!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I am awestruck! Beautiful!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms Emma.

Thank you skellogg and Jackie . . .

301X

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace