ORVG Coffee House #181 September Party Time!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

We will do it soon Janet. I have also heard of a place on Ann Street called the meeting house. So many places, and not enough time to check them all out. Hehe

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey Bonnie,
I would love some of those castor bean plant seeds - I've been looking for the red ones. I can send a SASE out to you.

Janaestone, I put you on the list. They are not completely dry, so I will not be sending them out for a couple of weeks. No problem, I will mail them, my treat,

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Still having computer "issues"....DS took the computer on Monday, and it's not back yet. I'm on a laptop, and it's as old as the hills and slow, slow, slow...so I hope that you all are still planning on coming on the 25th. I am planning on you being here!

Marcy, hope Martha and Morris can make it, they're so sweet. Sue and I did get to the Starving Artist show, and we got to the Greek Festival for Gyros and baklava, too!! :o)

Celene, hope they have some good news for you by now. Will you be able to come on the 25th? I hope so....I think Candy is hoping for a ride with someone. Jules isn't going to be able to make it now....Josie has a "thing".......

Well, need to try to check in a couple other places...I've been missing in action!

anyone wanting apple cider or apples please let me know
as i can bring some up on the RU.
i can give prices if you contact me
i m not self promoting just a kind jester if you want some apples or cider i can pick some up on my wat to the RU
LMK
off and running today
apple cider day

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Where is everybody?

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Lurking , like me! LOL

Waddy, KY

Makin' carrot apple and blackberry cakes. Can't let 'em burn!

making apple cider
100 jugs

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Working, Shooting and Editing..............

Red-spotted Purple

This message was edited Sep 17, 2010 9:13 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well..my only excuse is I just got home from the grocery!
I am on 'walk' till Wednesday! My poor little jeep gave up yesterday. It won't start! I just had a new fuel filter put on last week. It ran fine for a week, and now ...nothing! Dave thinks it is the fuel pump. Sooooooo....I had to make an appt. to get it fixed, and they can't do it until next week.
Since I have a hard time getting in and out of his truck, I decided to wait until he got home from work to go shopping. I just hate being without my own car!!
All I hear is how lucky I am though, that it went this long...lol! It has almost 187,000 miles on it, and this is the original fuel pump.
Cakes sound good Janet! Apple cider sounds good too, Sue! Ric...nice flutterby! I made an apple crumb pie yesterday..mmmm...good!
So what are YOU doing Joyce???? LOL!!!

Columbus, OH

Just finished dealing with a serious flop and twitch with the kitchen. Home Depot wanted to take SIX WEEKS to install countertops. Um, no. Local contractor #1 was nuts, local contractor #2 was a little more costly, but not insane, so I went with him. He's even fixing me up a temporary counter and making my sink work till they're installed.

Sue, now I want mulled cider, mmmmm. I love that with pumpkin cake.

Well, I have been busy as usual. Another day that I didn't need to be somewhere. I did make a trip to town, looking for some artificial fall flowers to make an arrangement for my DM & DF's stones. Would you believe there is not a fall flower to be found in my home town? I found pink and purple, and that is fine for a spring arrangement, but nothing for fall. I looked at Walmart last week, and they have very few flowers at all. So, I guess I will go to the florist and see if they will get me some, probably to the tune of big $$ I had them make me an arrangement one year for Memorial Day, and they chaged $65.00. I don't think I will do that again. I can do the arrangement, if I can find the flowers.

Celene, what a nightmare this kitchen remake is sounding. Six weeks to do counters? You have to be joking right? I am GLAD that you will be getting a sink that works, until everything is back to normal.

Janet, do you bake every night? Well, I know it would be standard for Friday, in preparation for market on Saturday, but seems like you do something cooking wise every night. I would be having dreams about the pumpkins and berries carrying me away!!

Sue, wow 100 jugs of cider. Now to ask a stupid question. If the apples are just pressed and nothing else is done to it, isn't that just apple juice. Doesn't cider need to be aged or something else added? I have had real cider, and it tastes way different from apple juice. Now I will have to go look this up.

Ric, pretty flutterby. We still have tons of them around.

Marcy, oh, a sick car. I hate that. We just took ours into the garage last week, fuel filter $126.00 Got it back and it still didn't run good. Took it back in yesterday, catalatic converter, $306.00. I drove it home from the garage, and it seemed to run okay. It was missing to beat the band. Only have about 70,000 on it. But it has been a pain. 2 Wheel bearings, brakes several times, electric window motors on 3 windows, windshield wiper assembly, and then the regular maintenance. I would like a car that is worry and repair free.

DGD is here for the weekend. Made her favorite meal for tonight, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole and lima beans, rolls and iced tea. Tasted pretty good to us too.

Going to a local community festival tomorrow. It is an all day thing, but I will probably only go for just a little while. Yard sales, and food, then afternoon, the children's games, and tomorrow night, a band and dance.

(Zone 5b)

Waving HELLO to everyone!
Fall seems busier than spring and I'm having a hard time keeping up! We finally got a little rain. There were tornadoes and lots of rain but it missed us.

Does anyone have some favorite fall recipes to share? My family is tired of eating the same old thing every week.

I'll sure miss seeing you all at the Fall Party!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

:( We'll miss you, too Annie...Know it can't be helped though...(I LOVE my knives!!)

I got a few weeds pulled after that pittance of a rain we got... .sigh... garden still looks (and IS) so dry....

We were able to unmold our hypertufa pots that we made last Monday yesterday and they all seem to have turned out GREAT! I have been distressing the ones I made. I may have one more class before it turns too cold...if I can find anyone who wants to come!

Looking forward to seeing you all in a week, wish more of you could make it. But we'll have fun with whoever makes it! I'm looking forward to meeting Di...always fun to put a face with a name and personality!

Looks like we'll be having an impromptu yard sale today. Too much "stuff" to store over the winter and any extra cash would be great!

Have a great day, all!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I am lurking also.
My sister has decided to just move in with us for the winter. I want to make sure her health is good and she can find something affordable now that she is on disability. Morehead is a college town and if you don't get an apartment by the time school starts. What apartments are left are pretty sad and she also needs a first floor with no stairs to climb. We have been getting the spare bedroom that she has been staying in redone so she can have her own space. That room was where my things went. Now we have to move dressers and such. We have to bring her stuff in from our building to make room for the riding lawn mower and garden stuff before winter.

Then we have been planning a gathering for friends and most are from out of town, so It's getting the house ready for over night people and getting other local friends to take in the other we don't have room for. I cooked and baked most of my things yesterday, so today for our big dinner for everyone will be so easy. I made the best cake. A peach upside down cake. I use the juice from the peaches in place of the water in the mix and it makes all the differences.

We have been blessed with plenty of rain here in our hollar'. The gardens still look nice and even the new plantings have done well. They say we have gotten the extra rain due to us being so close to the Ohio river(we are about 30-40 min. from it) When we bought this house it was on the complete other end of our county and Lewis county(by the river) starts right where you would turn to go to our house.

I will miss not seeing you guys next weekend, but just to much to get done before the fall hits. I have bulbs and plants coming this week and want to get them in ASAP.

This is also where I have spent a lot of time also.
Love ya all!!
Geo

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy

Geo you have been missed dearly
looks like a great place to sit and talk and have fun.
have a great time with your friends
not much going on here
got two new hosta today
Patriot and Brim Cup. they were $4 each
went to the shrimp festival ,
got some baked goods and they were a disapointment ! great texture, moist but no flavor ! none. got a lemon bar and just didn't taste like a lemon at all. got some pumpkin roll also. No flavor . the filling was frosting ! not cream cheese type either. just canned regular frosting ? yuk
well other than that

Bonnie here you go for the difference on juice vs apple cider
i m going to try and make my own apple cider vinager.
http://www.mass.gov/agr/massgrown/cider_juice_difference.htm

Thanks Sue. I guess that explains a lot.

I went to that festival today, and just stayed a little while as it was so hot. They had a parade, and yard sales, contests and games for the kids, an antique car show a mud run, and several other things. The only thing I bought was some miniature pumpkins and gourds for fall decoration. Made several trips back and forth though, to check on DGD and her friend, and then to go bring her home.

George good to see you. It sure sounds like you have been busy, and with moving your sister in, probably be busy a lot longer. Good luck with that. That resting place sure looks inviting. Hope you get a lot of time there just to sit and admire the scenery.

Off to do a few more things and then I am off to bed.

honestly they're is not much difference only with apple juice usually they use heat to pasturize it. then add more sugar .
good morning everyone
lazy day here for us.
then maybe off to the festival and kids want to enter a frog jumping contest. :)
have a great day

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Did you get me my tree frog yet, Sue????? Wish I was going to the festival with you! Put my name on one each of those hosta!

I'm glad to know about the cider, too. I especially like it warm with some mulling spices and Captain Morgans!!! :o) Of course if it's been left outside and has a little kick of its' own, that's okay, too!

Yard sale was good...lots more people this time around. Since Sunday was pretty much a bust last time, we just did it yesterday. Got rid of a couple big things so not as much to try to store over the winter.

I am experimenting with hypertufa mushrooms. I get to unmold them today. Hope they turn out okay.

George...good to see you! We miss you when you aren't posting. So don't be such a stranger here! Hope your gathering is a hit, and I'm sure it will be. What a wonderful place to sit and "veg".

Bonnie, sounds like you are busy as usual! Don't forget to take time to smell the roses....oh wait....it's been too dry for any good roses! George, you're just trying to make us all jealous telling us about your rain! It's WORKING!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Annie, this is for you:

Cheeseburger Soup

Combine in a large pan or dutch oven:
1 1/2 c. water
1 Tbl beef bouillon granules
2 small grated carrots
2 c. cubed potatoes
1 chopped onion
1/4 c. green pepper
Minced garlic to taste
1 lb. ground chuck, browned, drained.

Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender. Add 2 1/2 c. milk, return to simmer. Thicken with flour or cornstarch. Remove from heat and stir in 12 oz. cubed velveeta cheese.

Optional: 1/4-1 tsp cayenne pepper or hot sauce.

I use beef broth instead of the bouillon, and I use a whole box of beef broth instead of just 1 1/2 cups. Then I don't use as much milk. I also use cheddar cheese instead of the velveeta. Bill really likes this one, too.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow...Joyce! That does sound really good! I make a lot of soups in the fall and winter. Dave loves soup and so do i.
Well..I was in the process of posting on the 'party' thread and my server went down for some reason? I will go back to it after this.
We went to Levi Coffin Days yesterday in Indiana. It's a big festival/flea market and encompasses the whole town of Fountain City. It's quite large and a whole lot of people! I WALKED the whole thing! Today I am sore...and still worn out...lol. But I know it was good for me....and we got a few things. Got a coffee bean grinder...brand new...never been out of the box! It's made by Krups. Got a pretty little towel that's embroidered with yellow daisies. Got a wire basket to put a planter in...shaped like a flower basket. Got a mirrored ball to put in my garden that matches a larger one I already have. It was fun!
Today...taking it easy. I want to go to Lowe's and/or Menard's and find some bulbs to plant...I hope.
Looks like rain here...but haven't seen it yet! Doubt that we will.

Marcy, sounds like a good day for you all. I HAVE a bunch of bulbs to plant, but unless we get some rain, there is no chance of me getting them planted. That is, unless I use a stick of dynamite first.

DH planted some late summer squash and has been watering them almost every day, and we have picked the first few. Brought in about 3 of them, and 2 zucchini just tonight. I have some tomato plants that I am going to set out in the loose soil in the garden, and water them, and if they don't do anything, won't be much lost. DH has some canvas and I thought if the weather got cooler or cold, we could cover them, and just see if they had time to make anything.

Oh, Joyce, the soup sounds wonderful. Gonna have to try that. I think i would like it better with just the beef broth, and leave the milk out. Have you ever made it that way? Glad that the yard sale was better than the one before. I think I am giving up on them. At least where we live. Now, if I wanted to haul it up the road a mile and set it up at our rental house, it is on the main road, and I have had them there, and do a lot better. But it is just a pita hauling everything up there, and of course what doesn't sell, hauling back home.

Sue, how did the festival go? Did the kids do the frog jumping contest? Joyce if you want a tree frog, last year, I would have been happy for you to come and get one that took up residence on my front porch. I could hear him, but could never see him. Finally spotted him in a corner, and he was there every night raising cain. Got on my nerves really.

~~ to everybody, Annie, Celene, aw, ain't gonna start listing names, because I usually leave somebody out, and then I feel bad about it.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well...I did get a bunch of bulbs. Daffies, a few tulips, alliums, a fritillaria, some of those short iris that come up early..can't think what they are called..offhand. AND...Dave bought a bulb auger for his battery powered drill....yayy!! Looks like it would go through cement...which is what we have for soil right now!
When we were in Richmond, it just poured down the rain...for at least 1/2 hr. Got home...and nope...we didn't get a drop! I was so mad!!
Also saw at Lowe's...a small greenhouse 6x8 for sale. It is called a Spring Gardener greenhouse. Well...I came home and looked it up online, and checked prices elsewhere...and Lowe's is the cheapest. I had always thought I wanted a larger greenhouse, but think I have decided to get this small one, because it will serve the purpose for what I want it to do...and that is start seeds in the spring. I like the way this one is made. I'll sleep on it.

guess who's kid has lice again ? mine
she came home the last day of school with lice
she goes to school on the first day of school and she gets lice ? see a pattern here folks.
calling the school
i honeslty think its the girl she sits with on the bus ? who else
not that i care what kid it is but just want an answer and so i can prevent this again.
i m calling the bus transportation also see if i can get her sitting somewhere else.
sue

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry about Savannah....gosh, you've really had it with those things! At least now you have the comb!

Marcy, sounds like you got some wonderful deals! Wish I could have gone to a festival! I worked in the pond and on the waterfall and made a cover for the pump out of hypertufa....that was a new experience! To make it tall enough, I had to pile the sand really high...then it started to slide, then on top of everything else, I didn't make enough stuff....so had to do that again in the middle of everything....sure hope it works! The mushrooms I made turned out pretty good...The one needs a taller base, but it will do for now.

Bonnie, I LOVE squash....hope it does good for you....
Know what you mean about the dynamite...sigh....we surely do need a nice long rain. (Hear that God????????)

So Ric must be busy, busy.....not enough hours in the day when you have a real job!

Waddy, KY

Sue, do they have a carpet in their classroom that they all sit on to read? Or a sofa or some sort of arm chair. At our elementary most of the lower grades had something like that. It seem almost inevitable that sometime during the year the kids came home with lice. I firmly believe they were getting them from the carpet and the sofa. Kiddie carrier would lay down on the rug and roll around or sit on the sofa and then my kids would sit down or roll around on the floor too and the little creepy crawlers would latch on. It wasn't having the lice that made me mad. It was the extra work to get rid of them.

I got a bunch of daylilies that arrived Saturday and need to be planted. The ground is super hard. If I thought they'd make it through the winter I'd pot them up and hold them until spring.

Got some tomatoes in the freezer yesterday and a batch of salsa made Saturday night.

Bonnie, in the middle of summer I usually bake 5 nights a week. It's slowing down some. I only had to do 3 days last week. Let me get some tomatoes picked.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning all.
Well..they will be here within the hour to get my jeep. 60$ to tow it!
Jeesh!! And we have no AAA or towing with our insurance, as I only have liability on it.
It is a nice day out though!
Dave and I are at odds over the greenhouse issue again...so not sure if I will get it or not? He wants to wait until spring to put it up...and I want it up now. I know he won't be going out there in ...say...February, to put up a greenhouse! We also don't agree on where to put it...lol. Husbands!
Not sure what I am getting into today, but am sure I will get something done!
Joyce...too bad Martha wasn't there to help you with the tufa. She used to make those a LOT...and sell them. She also gave classes.
I am hoping they are coming Saturday...still haven't heard from her. Guess I better call again...lol. And hope my jeep is back by then too..otherwise they would have to drive if they want to come.
Not to say anything bad about them, but Dave and I really don't want to ride with them at 90 and 85 yrs old!!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Marcy, DH picked up one of those augers years ago for me and I love it. It will go through the hardest, dried-out, clay soil there is in no time. I even use it to start holes for new plants if I'm feeling lazy sometimes. As much as I have to do here at the house there is nothing worse than getting stuck here because of no car! Hopefully, there will get your jeep done in no time flat.

Sue, all I can say is that you are in my prayers. After everything you went through before...now to have it happen again. I would definitely get her moved if you're pretty sure her seatmate is the one with the lice.

We went up to Loudonville over the weekend to 'Log Cabin Days'. We're wanting to build a log home for our retirement home and went up there to see the exhibits and tour the homes. Lots of fun and it served as a late anniversary present for both of us.

Seems everywhere around received some of the storms/rain last night but us.....back to watering again today.

Jana, nope,I was gonna say we didn't and haven't gotten any rain. The nearest we have come to it is the WL's saying we are getting some!!

I am cleaning house today, not one of my favorite things to do, but every once in awhile you have to scoop out the dirt. I took the head off my dust mop and was going to put it through the washer, and you should have seen the dog hair trapped along the edges!! No, I would have been embarrased to have anybody see that.

DH is using the vacuum for me, as my back is giving me fits today, and I think doing that would actually put me to bed!!

I have some outside things that need doing, but I will probably wait until late afternoon/evening to do that, as it is so hot ou.

We are under a burn ban, as we were officially declared in a drought situation over the weekend. I think the fire hydrants will be chasing the dogs before long

Marcy, hope they don't keep your vehicle for very long. We use a garage and one reason we do is because when they say it will be ready at such and such a time, it actually is.

Off to fling some more dust from horizontal surfaces.

(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds delicious and easy to make, a big plus! We love soups & stews during the winter, left overs are great too. This one will be on the list!! I read the ingredients to my DH and he says he loves it already LOL

OH NO Sue, feel so bad for you about the lice! What a pain it is, never ending picking and washing everything. My DN had it when she first came to live with us. We had to get the prescription shampoo since the lice were very resistant to the drug store brand lice shampoo. Lice like clean hair. Can you try using lots of styling gel or /foam in her hair and keeping it back in a pony tail for a while? I sprayed DN's clothes and bedding with Adams Flea spray BEFORE throwing it in the washer in case some of the little buggers lived through the hot water and bleach.

Off to do some yard work and then catch up on paperwork, never ending but happy to be busy.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue, when i worked for a temporary shelter for kids years ago. They always told us it would be best to use hair spray on our hair before coming to work. Some of those kids had lice so bad when we would get them that the first thing we would do while doing the intake would be checking for the little critters. We would also respray our hair before checking also. I had forgot that until Annie mentioned the gels/foam.

Our little girl also had a lice problem when we first got custody of her. She had long hair and after fighting for what felt like weeks to get rid of them. We had to cut her hair into a "pixie" cut. I felt so bad for how she looked, but again every so often she would come home from school with the critters in her hair again. I feel for you girl.
Geo

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Savannah has long curly hair, too....poor thing.

I finished up the soup today....at least Bill and I weren't fighting over it this time!

Here's another one for you, Annie.

Chicken Stroganoff

1 # chicken breast (cut in bite size pieces)
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 can mushroom soup (I use two)
garlic powder
seasoning salt
pepper
water (to thin some)
onion (optional)

Mix well in crock pot. Cook for 6-8 hours or till chicken is done. Turn heat to high and add 1 cup sour cream with 1/4 cup flour mixed in. When thickened, serve over noodles or rice. Simple....good leftover, too.

Oh yeah, At the end, I add a little browning/seasoning sauce for color, too. (You can make this in a skillet, too. Just easier to throw it in the c/p and let it go!)

The health dept has great shampoo that is natural . Then i have a great comb i use. The health dept also gave us an idea on using conditioner to smoother out the critters.
apply to dry hair and i mean smear it on by the cup full ! (like when we ladies get our hair dyed. ) just shmear it on, wrap with a shower cap or plastic, leave it on 6 hrs. so far this technique has worked.
The comb is the key also !
yes the bad part is the work involved but i just bag it all and let it sit in the bags for 18 days. :)
good to know on the gels and hair spray too. i will look into that . I know i have seen some sprays for pretreatment .
i was so tired to day from work i came home and thank goodness the dog and kids let me rest 1 hr .
then coffee. !
welp Lucy is calling me
bbl

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well darn Joyce..you are just full of good recipes! Thanks!!
Sue...I feel for ya and the little one too!
Well..they brought a flat bed truck to pick up the jeep. It had a roll back thing on it. The guy hooked it under the jeep, and pulled it right up on there. Pretty cool to watch!
Bonnie, the guy at this garage told me that's why he takes appts. So he can get them fixed and out of there. He said it would be Tuesday or Wednesday before he could get to it, but I guess it's pretty straightforward from there....IF that's what it is. Dave was pretty sure...and the guy will let me know if it's not.
Yeah...I hate to be without a car...even if I'm not going anywhere. It's just knowing it's there!
Well...we settled our differences, and I bought a greenhouse today!
Just a small one to start seeds in the spring.6 x 8. Found the perfect spot for it. Now have to wait on Dave to dig up the sod and put down the gravel! Soon I hope!

do we get to see pics Marcy and which one did you get ?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep busy busy AND Football Season just started....lol!

Amazing how long it takes to edit the butterfly photos.....

BTW for the Kettering Crowd.
If you remember Groby's Garden Center on Far Hills.
Suzie Groby (GD of the Founder) and her husband Rob Snyder lived w/ me for a time after my divorce.
(Rob and I have been friends since we were in Elementary School.)
My Sister ran into them the other day.
They have a landscaping business that's getting some rave reviews.
Earth Wood and Flowers Landscaping.
I'll be hooking back up w/ them shortly.

Ric

Gosh, a person sure can't be on a diet hanging around here. That is a good sounding recipe for Chicken Stroganoff. I do beef in the winter, so now I can have a different twist on it. Glad to know that it can go in the crockpot.

I got the house all clean again. With just the 2 of us here, I can't understand how it gets so dirty and cluttered. Well, yes I can. DH is always traipsing in with work shoes on, and he never returns anything to it's rightful place. I tell him if he would put it back, then it wouldn't have to be handled again.

Ric, good to catch up with old friends. I bet that the Landscape business if something to envy.

Marcy, hip hip hurrah, glad that you got a greenhouse. I am STILL wanting one. DH promised me one last Christmas, but it hasn't happened yet. I would pay someone to come put me up a hoop house, next spring. I don't need one in winter, but just want one to start seeds in the spring. He thinks I want a really fancy smancy one, I don't just something that would allow me to start seeds without having to rig up lights and heat in odd places. I am tired of having to move seed trays off my washer and dryer to use them, besides bumping my head on lights that I have rigged up attached to the shelf above the w/d. And scattering potting soil all over the kitchen counters, trying to get my seed trays ready to sow the seed.

I will have some cheese with my whine!!

Off to read some other threads.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey,Friends! I heard there was a whine & cheese party,so I thought I should post.
Ric, thanks for the Blue Ox tree service referral -- they're coming next week to chop down the big locust & trim up some others. Very reasonable bid!
Dang--- my spacer bar is sticking BAD.
It's been weird around here lately. DS cracked her ankle bone again, so I've been doiing all the errands, housework, etc. I am not being a very good sport about it either. Also DIL quit her job because it was too "stressful." You do not wantto know my opinion abt it, trust me!
Then Larry,the guy who'd been helping Ron,who collects the trash & takes itout for me, diedsuddenly. Young man, just abt 40. Sad to say that drugs were probably involved.
The same week, Sister Stephanie died. Sister S was one of the Episcopal nuns in Glendale. Joshwent to theirschool, Bethany, from 6th to 8th grades. I got cancer the week before he graduated from 8th grade, but Sister S let me know that she would personally pray formy cure. Seems like she did a pretty good job, too!
So Iwent outto the Convent for the funeral, which was both lovely and sad. Oh--- Sister S LOVED animals, & always had a pet. Usually a dog. The current one is a shih tzu. When we came out of the church following the coffin, all the kids from the school were lining the driveway from the church to the gates. And they had brought their stuffed animals with them, & as the hearse leftthe grounds, the kids waved goodbye with their pound puppies and teddy bears! That's when I really started bawling. Then, while we were waiting at the cemetery for the burial to be completed, oneof the sister brought the shih tzu out to say goodbye, & everyone asked me what Josh was up to & tried to explain to one sister (who'd been out on a mission when Josh was there) why Josh was so memorable. "He was just his own man,even as a kid" was the verdict.

So, the rest of the time I've been dragging the sprinkler from one place to another. I'm afraid we're going to have another dry & dusty fall. I want to see flaming maples! Bright gingkos! Rain a little, please!
Do you think if I made some hot spiced cider that would encourage cooler temps? I'm still drinking iced tea & cold orange & lemonade.
Rain, please, rain!
Pat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.