CLOSED: Come join us! 3rd Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you Heather, I received my seeds yesterday! Another great swap, looking forward to next year.

Santa Clara, CA

Heather, I forgot to mention I received my seeds a few weeks ago. Yay! Thanks for the generous number of packets... Lots of variety. Thanks for organizing the exchange...we appreciate your hard work. =D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Patty

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thnak you for the extra cherry tomatoes! Now I have a whole LIBRARY of early and cool varieties!

I've talked to more of my neighbors since this swap started. Almost everyone says "yes, i tried tomatoes a few times - no, they never ripened". The first lady i asked said she started by buying plants THIS tall, and had success.

I hope to do it with wise choice of varieties, starting them EARLY, and giving them some extra warmth all year. When I get some effective cold frames built, I'll post pictures, but this may take a few years to master.

Thanks again for a great RR!

Corey.

North, TX

still waiting for my seeds.... maybe if I post that they haven't arrived yet, they will show up in todays mail!!!

Posted as mailed on Dec 1st.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

According to your posting you mailed my seeds on December 1. I still haven't received them.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sorry folks. Seems there are a number of people that haven't received their envelopes yet. I know there are people in parts of the US and Canada that have not had mail delivery in over a week because of weather conditions. I'm sure your envelopes will get there. I wish I could wave a magic wand and get it there faster for you.

Hopkinsville, KY

My seeds arrived today (12/30/2010); they were mailed on 12/02/2010. So it takes a few days. Thanks Heather for the great selection of tomato and pepper seeds and all the work you do. Will now have to do a little research on the varieties I am not familar with, which is part of the fun.

Gary

North, TX

my seeds arrived today! yippy I am so thrilled! I haven't even looked at all of them yet but wanted you to know they arrived! I noticed that I didn't bother putting 'USA' on my return label; I will make a note to do that in the future...not sure if it will make a difference in delivery time, as I'm sure the season and weather were factors in the deliveries too.

Heather, thank you so much for all of your hard work with hours of your time putting this together and for putting up with us all!! ^_^ I really appreciate it!!

Look forward to checking out all of the varieties of tomatoes and peppers I have here!! I think the surprise factor is really the best fun of all!!

Thanks again everyone!
Christine

We have been buying tomatoes at our local farmer's market. When we sliced one open this morning it was full of sprouted seeds. I planted those sprouts in a pot and covered them with a little bit of soil mixed with coffee grounds, and watered them well. I wonder how they'll do.

Thumbnail by mittsy

My sweet orange peppers have been producing since we arrived in Cocoa Beach in October. These will be ripe in a couple of weeks. They are very good but only produce 4 or 5 seeds per pepper. I takes quite a while for me to gather enough seeds to offer them in a seed swap.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Got my seeds over the holiday while we wewere out of town. Wow, got almost everything on my wishlist. Thanks so much, Heather! I will post on the other thread when I get a chance.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Sorry I'm late on this, but I discovered the all-important seed package near the bottom of a large tray of mail held at the post office while we were on vacation. Evidently it arrived a day or two before Christmas-three weeks since it was mailed.

Thanks Heather, I am renaming my Ericaceae garden of heaths and heathers the "MacDona Memorial Heather Patch" in your honor!

I'll post the list of received items on Ricks thread.

My seeds finally arrived. The envelope looks like it has been well traveled. A very nice selection of tomatoes and pepper seeds. I hope to plant the melon seeds within a few days. Thanks for organizing this swap, Heather.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

"I hope to plant the melon seeds within a few days." ??? REALLY!?!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Glad the seeds finally made it there safe and sound. That's it for everyone from this forum. Everyone has received their seed packages. A couple from other forums are still waiting on their packages. The mail delivery time has been riduculous this year.

Good luck with your gardens everyone.

.....Heather

Yes, Really! I'm in Cocoa Beach, Florida so we're planting at this time.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, that's better - I was reading the "Syracuse" and was wondering if you'd discovered a miracle or if I should call the medics!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.