CLOSED: Come join us! 3rd Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

For veggie seed giveaways, I only have the following seeds left:

* Thai Eggplant(Pattern Green)-from commercial seeds I purchased
* Chinese Cabbage - from commercial seeds I purchased.

Let me know asap if you're interested in one or both of these. Thanks...Heather

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

If the chinese cabbage is "celery-like", like Bok Choy or Pak Choi, (Chinensis) I would be very interested.

If it is the tighly-wrapped "cabbage-like Napa or Michili (Pekinensis), I would pass.

Thank you, either way.

Corey

P.S. I really apporve of nomenclature like this:
- - - - - da baicai . . . meaning "large white vegetable"
Say it like it is! Yeah!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Corey,

I can't tell you what the cabbage is like to be honest. I purchased a bulk pack to distribute in this swap and have not yet grown any. None of the package writing is in english, so that's of no help.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks...Heather

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

That does sound intruiging! I would love some, to grow and thus identify. I haven't grow or eaten either Napa or Michili in ages, maybe my tastes have changed and I'll wnat some of those instead of chard.

If the writing is not ideographs, do any words look like either of these words:
shakushina or chingensai ?

And I want to reccomend "Kitazawa Seeds" for any Asian seeds, though I guess there is not huge demand for that on this thread.

Corey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'll set some aside for you Corey. I threw the original packaging out after I separated the seeds into individual baggies. I do remember it was Aeroplane brand commercial seeds. They came from Thailand.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

OK since you mentioned its from Thailand I would like some too. Veggies from Thailand do really well here. Have you gotten my package yet? It was sent on the 25 of Oct. but since they acted like Canada was on the edge of the earth it made me a little concerned.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> they acted like Canada was on the edge of the earth ...

I was lost once in a town in the woods, and a local guy kindly gave me directions.
Told me how to get to a certain road, then went into histrionics, waving, grimacing and using body language to explain how far to go, to get to where I was looking for.

"You keep going and going, and going farther, past that and just KEEP ON GOING ALL the WAY and farther ... it's almost all the way to the NEXT TOWN."

Corey

That's what I tell people when I give them directions to my farm. "When you think you've gone too far you haven't, just keep going".

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

1lisac, I haven't received your package yet. I will post updates in this forum as I receive packages.

It normally takes a couple of weeks.
Thanks....Heather

Heather,
I know you are posting as you receive packages, I'll be patient.
Lisa

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Me too!

If you all had seen the look on the PO employees faces when I sent the package you would be concerned also. lol

Package or packages?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today, I received envelopes from:

* allwild
* blueskyfd11
* 1lisac
* kurantkat

I have a stack of about 20 more envelopes to go through, but am packing it in for the night. All of these were received today. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw the volume of envelopes waiting for me today. I'll get through the rest of them tomorrow after work.

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I managed to get through the rest of the envelopes this morning before work. Yesterday (Nov 8), I received envelopes from:

* bossmareny6a
* czimmerman00

Thanks....Heather

Thank God it got there.

When I see who's partcipating I'm getting even more excited.

Thanks for doing this Heather!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "Nolandsland".

Thanks...Heather

I hope that you get my envelope by the end of the week....

Santa Clara, CA

Good, I'm glad you got my envelope. =D
Patty

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yesterday (Nov 15), I received seeds from "Patti1957".

I'm still waiting on a number of envelopes to arrive, so will have to hold off finalizing the swap until those show up. All are from individuals that confirmed their envelopes were mailed.

Thanks.....Heather

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, boy! The excitement is mounting!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "Evelyn_inthegarden". Still waiting on more envelopes to arrive, so thanks for your patience everyone. It's going to take a bit of time yet.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2010 6:57 PM

Can't sow the seeds anyway. The anticipation is killing me tho.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi,
Evelyn!

Corey

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

As long as they get here by planting time, it's all good with me.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I am still waiting for a few envelopes to arrive, but can't wait any longer so I've pushed ahead with the sorting. It will still take sometime, but I did manage to mail a batch of envelopes today.

From this forum, I mailed an envelope back to:

* nf2932

I sure this will go out in the Nov 22 morning mail. I will continue to post updates as I mail more batches.

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I had some more packed up and ready to mail this morning, but then I opened the front door and said no way....I'm not going out there today. It's minus 32 degrees celcius. Lucky for me I can sometimes work from home if the weather is bad.

We'll try again tomorrow

Could I ask everyone to let me know when your envelope arrives so I can update my records? Thanks so much.....Heather

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Yikes! I was shivering at +28 Fahrenheit (-2 C?)

I've lost my adaptation to new england winters by living 8in maritime WA.

C-C-C-Corey

It has been snowing here off and on since Saturday night. I cannot transfer any pictures to you right now, as I having 'puter problems. Another colder storm coming in tonight, then a hard freeze!

I had not finished what I was doing in the gardens...but it can wait. I'm not going to go out there and slosh around in the snow. Right now it is melting, but these first two storms were the warmer ones. I wonder what next year will bring, as we had a very late and brief spring, since our last snowstorm was in May. Is autumn gone already and winter here?? Wait towards the end of December, huh??

It was 85* here today, but supposed to freeze this weekend. I'm going to get my winter stuff planted BEFORE this weekend

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I am behind in getting my onions and garlic planted.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

You plant them now???

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes. I mulch them and let them grow through the winter. Some don't come up til Spring.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Tonight, I mailed another batch of envelopes:

* blueskyfd11
* bossmareny61
* cajuninky
* nolandsland
* sequee

Please let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can update my records.

Thanks...Heather

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I will let you know as soon as they arrive. I am so excited!!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I mailed seeds back to "sanpedro".

Thanks....Heather

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'll be driving the mail carrier crazy - you'll probably hear us all the way up there when they arrive!

Dang - My onions never get very big for me. I wonder if I shouldn't try some out now, too? In fact, I have one small bed that I never pulled fromthis year. Do you think they stand a chance of making through for next year??? They are probably about walnut size as we speak.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today, I mailed envelopes to:

* busygardener
* gardadore

Thanks.....Heather

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Heather! Can't wait!! I really appreciate all the time you put into this project!

Winnetka, CA

Hi Heather... I received my seeds today.... thanks so much for allowing me to be part off the seed exchange!! I look forward to spring so I can get started!! No doubt I will have some tasty tomatoes and peppers for my family... thanks to everyone who participated and sent in such a wonderful variety of seeds!! Nancy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.