New Bees 8/23/10 friends - new and old...Come in

NO idea, just wanted to give them a try. I'm going to sow them now and let them germinate and hopefully keep them in a window sill over winter. Then pot in a larger pot in spring and sit in the screen room till fall again , or till I see how they will do for me. I guess we will find out.
Got this one started too.

Thumbnail by mekos

This is my burgandy lace pansy.

Thumbnail by mekos

And my black morning glories.

Thumbnail by mekos

Forgot to tell ya, I also got black dragon coleus seeds to plant too.

Thumbnail by mekos
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Jan, what is the one above the pansy?

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Oh, and I love those roses! Will have to put one of those John Cabot's in here too! Hardy to zone 2, WooHoo!!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Never seen a black dragon coleus before, beautiful Jan!

Al

The one above the pansy is a Disa atricapilla orchid. I amd growing some of those to give a gifts later in spring. This orchid too, it is Acrolophia Capensis orchid. Also got a vine of the woodrose growing and starting some baby woodroses for spring gifts. Getting prepared now for spring fun!

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

My friend mekos grows the coolest stuff - lol.

:-) Doesn't she though?!? And she always shares with her friends. ;0)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Are those the same as the hawaiian baby woodrose? You do grow the neatest stuff!

SURE IS! Haiwaiian woodrose and Haiwaiian baby woodrose.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Aren't the seed pods of those some kind of drug? Kind of an upper, so to speak?

Hhmmm, I don't know about druggy stuff, but I think it is poisonous if ingested. Other than that, I have no clue. If it is, we won't tell everyone. Shhhhhhhh.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Don't look at me! I'm not telling anyone! Not gonna say 1 word! LOL! What color flowers do they grow? They're related to morning glories, I think, so does that mean they have all different colors too?

well, some are lavender and some yellow but MINE are not blooming right now but after it blooms, it turns brown and makes a funny shape like a brown piece of wood shaped like a rose.I'll see if I can find a link for you to look at one. http://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/ information about them.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/ picture of the bloom. and here is a good one of the bloom before it turns brown on a regular woodrose not the baby though.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=chr-yie8&va=hawaiian+woodrose+plant

This is good of the baby wood rose

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0WTefP.o41MA1kAV.mJzbkF?p=hawaiian++baby+woodrose+plant+bloom&fr=chr-yie8&ei=utf-8&x=wrt&y=Search

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

It's best not to eat plants unless they're vegetables! You might save yourself a trip to the emergency room.

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good advice Al! Good advice! ;o)

BTW, I planted some of your sunflower seeds and got one baby - lol. The dang birds got the rest of my seeds obviously. Will need a better plan for next time to keep the birds outta my seeds. I still have plenty left for the next go round!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Everyone! How are all my friends doing today? Awesome I hope!

Al- here is one of your sunflowers I grew this year. Just love them.

Sandi- You are just the best! Courtney is in a Talent Search contest this weekend at the Peavine Festival in Parsons, TN and also at the TN State Fair in Jackson, TN the same day! We don't have anything else planned beyond that so if you can come up with something for her to do, we'd love that! You know I will be sharing videos! I usually post the links on my Facebook page everyone so if I'm not on your FB, add me!

Mekos! What pretty pictures. You do have the most awesome pretties in your garden. That red and white China rose is to die for. Love the pansies too.

Kelly, gonna dmail you later today.

RRM- Nice job on Glenda's luggage! Love it all. Hugs to you and your equine children. Give them big kisses on the nose for me ♥

Me, I am just making zucchini bread today. Had bad luck with electronics and appliances lately. My toaster oven went out today, the CHA fan went out, big screen in livingroom went out and flat screen from bedroom is in the shop. Will not be asking what's gonna go out next! Have a good day everyone!

Thumbnail by MechelleT
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Did you have an Electrical storm go thru? That is awful. Wasn't that a big bag of Zinnias? Did you see her little bracelet?? Glad you liked her luggage.
Here she is in my houseplants checking them out.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

We always have thunder storms going through here. Don't know if that's what's happening of not but I am starting to wonder. Her bracelet is cute. I think I am going to take her to see my equine critters tmrw.

Booneville, AR

al these fat birds loved the sun flowers they ate all the seeds off them ilike them parker loved them he couldn,t bealieve they grew from seed. i think he likes to watch the birbs walk up the stalks they walk side ways i would never haxe thought of that on my owne, its good that i have parker to keep me thinking right. love nettie janet had good luck with the tomato plants from the seed you sent me thanks .

Booneville, AR

mekos id love to try some of the blue flowers if you have extra seed nettie also the roses

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I had Squirrels that had Banquets on our sunflowers. If you disturbed them they would run across the asture with a sunflower in their mouth. the little cute furry monster.

Booneville, AR

my friend mexos is one of the most plsnt smart people i know and i know some resl plant smart people , she is very patient or she couldn.t grow anything from seed, the waiting just drives me crazy but she just keeps on waiting. love nettie. it has rained all day here things are starting to green up real good. and it is cool outside. when the rain stops im going outside.

Booneville, AR

wish i could remember who the young lady was who ask for a naked laidy this would be the time of year to dig one . if anyone saw that any where i wish they would trll me i told her id send her one. may be she could send me her add, if i go looking ill get lost and never find my way back. please help me. love nettie.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Jan, those wood rose are awesome! Wish they were hardy enuf for here! How big are the seed pods? That picture with the seed pods all brown is cool! My first thought when I saw that was how neat they would look in a fall bouquet! I'd be cutting off branches with seed pods to bring in and stick in vases, lol!

They would be perfect for flower arrangements! I put mine in a pot to bring inside this winter. It grows pretty fast and I just keep wrapping it around the trellis in the pot for it to climb on. You know you could spray the branch with the seeds pods with a clear polimar coat of shelac or something to preserve it and I think it would look awsome in there.
My cinnamon vine is making bublets.
My stevia is making seeds, and I got to catch some to save for spring. My Lotus made the seed pod thingy that you see in arrangements. A big round thing with holes in it where the seeds fall out. Those get sprayed and used by florists. Lots of plants make something that looks great in arrangements.
Well, I'm tired and got to go get some rest. My sister got rushed to the er again this morning and spent the day there trying to pass the kidney stone. They said she had more to pass too that hasn't moved yet so hope you guys will keep her in ya prayers.
One more day of the remodeling and it should be done for a while.
Good night. Got to get some rest.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2010 4:15 AM

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

You take care and get some rest. Your sis and you are in my prayers. Both of you, take care! Please don't over do things, we don't want you sick too!

Booneville, AR

mekos take care im so sorry to here about tour sister give her a big hug and tell her i hope she gets better real fast my dau had a ruoud of stones i thought she was never going to get them gone. dau said she had much reather have twins at the same trime. they finaly had to break them up they were to big. to pass, get as much rest as you can so you can be there for her. love and hugs to you and prays for sure. nettie

Hey everyone, DGs first ever county fair. You can enter any of your photos that would normally be entered at the fair.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1110290/#top
Go check it out!

Booneville, AR

mekos thank you love nettie, i going to bed hope your sister is better today.

Thanks Nettie and have a good night. Sister had another stone that had not started moving and the one moving that was giving her fits so she is on medications and in bed!
Morning everybody. Grandson is having grandparents day at school today so got to go show our support for him. Back later.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That sounds like fun mekos - show and tell of the grandparents, huh?

Kinda, lol we got to go and have lunch with him and meet his teacher and friends in his class. He drew a picture for us, it said MY most memorable moment this summer.
He drew a picture of the day we went fishing with him and he caught his first fish. (A couple weeks ago.) It was a stick man-papa and a stick boy-him , with the fishing pole and the line going in the water. He did good! He is in first grade. We really enjoyed it.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Very awesome! Sounds like he loves grandma and grandpa;o)

Yes, he belongs to my son's girlfriend, but his dad has never been around anywhere but jail and the drug houses, and he has never even seen his dad.We love him like he was ours anyway and he loves us. We are the only grandparents he has. This was his first fish.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

He's a cutie!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

He is a cutie Jan...

Booneville, AR

bill and i will go with parker he likes for us to go its alot of funwe can go eat with him in the mornings just about anytime he likes it better if he gets to ask us himself i trll him its the best sausage gravy ive ever had. and it really is good. love nettie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.