New Bees 8/23/10 friends - new and old...Come in

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

LOL! Nettie, you would have driven the hired help nuts! But think of the money you'd a saved by not wanting and having all that help to pay! ;-)

Booneville, AR

im going to bed have a blood vesel burst in my eye need to rest it they can,t do anything for it just clears up by itself/ love and hgs nettie good night.

This message was edited Sep 5, 2010 11:46 PM

Booneville, AR

that much crazy help might have been lots of fun to have around .we will never know.

Hope you feel better nettie.Take care.

Booneville, AR

ihe ryr is frrling better love to all hope we get more rain we still have burn ban on ,

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning,
Not a bud or blossom on my Rose like yours Kel sorry. Has anyone seen Mindy? This rose is blossomed again though it is just so beautiful.

Thumbnail by arejay59
Booneville, AR

hi people we got more eain this morning should help with fires nettie

OH Nettie, I saw on the news where a fire is roaring out of control and burning homes and forests and everything in it's way! That is awful! Are you anywhere close to that place?

Booneville, AR

good night all i need to get up in the morning and do some av work they suffer from my setting here and looking at them. that won.t feed and water them. they are blooming so prettyjust for me . love nettie

Booneville, AR

l live in the river valley for right now chance of fire is very low,we have had two good rains things are greening up some we are blessed, thank you for asking.hope we keep getting rain. and cool temps would be nice. thank you love nettie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hope you're okay, Nettie. Cooler temps in the 70's starting this week, what a relief from the muggy 90's we've been getting lately. Wife is back in school, so it's just me and the cat around here.

Here's today's flower, an unusual zinnia found in my back porch garden bed.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pretty Zinnia Al! It is supposed to be in the 70s here this week too - at night - lol!

Nettie - glad you're safe!

What weird temps.this week. It suppose to be 56 tonight here again and really cool for this time of year. My leaves are turning on my flowers and dropping off some. Not time yet to do this. :0| Fall seems to coming too soon.

Booneville, AR

al love the old maid i like them alot nettie.we got more rain today.

Booneville, AR

we may get some bad weather tonight i asked for rain, im not goinbg to whine just hope for the best have a good night all.

Enid, OK

Hello all! I have been MIA for awhile, but look out...I'm back.

Nettie, I have sure missed you - how are things? Been trying to clean up here from a couple of really bad wind storms here. Sure made a mess of things, my morning glories are laying down, wind twisted up my arch and I don't know how to fix it...I will post a pic later, it is kinda sad.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi everyone! I know I have been seriously MIA for what seems like months now.. So sorry for not keeping up and staying in contact with everyone. To tell you how long it's been, I had to go through threads going back to June to get here! Missed everyone!

Have been super busy with Courtney and just working around these 3 places all summer. Trying to keep up with my garden . Lots of vet visits here in the last few weeks.

Remember my elderly neighbor Joe? Well he had someone give him a mare (like he needed one) and she got hurt on his fence real bad. Severed 2 arteries in her hoof. Nearly bleed to death before I got there. (sorry for being graphic) I got her to the vet in time and have been taking care of her for about the last month. Changing bandages and giving her medicine every day. Happy to say I released her back into her pasture and she is doing fine. The vet said that 90% of the stitches in that spot always come out because it's right on the bend where she walks. I must have done something right because they didn't come out! Then my Shar-Pei had eye surgery a couple days ago. She actually had an eye lift on both eyes! Her eyelashes were grown inward and rubbing her eyes. She needed that so bad and I was happy to have it finally done.

I know most of you know about Courtney and her singing. I keep posting her videos on YouTube and pictures on Facebook. Let me know if anyone needs the link that would like to see/hear her. She tried out for American Idol and did awesome. She didn't make it through but she walked away with a smile and positive attitude and said "There's always next year" .. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise since all these problems are going on in the show. Then she was on television for the Carl Perkins Circle of Hope yearly telethon. That was an awesome experience for sure. She did 3 songs and just looked so pretty that day ;-) She has been doing her usual Tuesday nights at Open Mic and the National Anthem all over the place. She is doing the National Anthem tonight at the HS football game. Then she is performing next weekend at the Peavine Festival in Parsons, TN and at the TN State Fair in Jackson next weekend! She has all the fun and I get to do all the work! LOL She also recorded a demo cd earlier in July and is currently singing a demo song for a local songwriter (He is the late Carl Perkins keyboard player) that his publishing company is going to pitch to female country artists. So yeah! Busy Busy Busy!

I know one special person who has been waiting so patiently for a package I promised her and I haven't forgotten about you ;-) This weekend I am devoting as much time as humanly possible to my flowers and garden and as I have said before "MONDAY" .. You hereby have my permission to string me up by my thumbs if I fail to keep this promise- SANDI!

Going to be cleaning out the gaden and getting it ready to plant my fall veggies. My garden did so good this year despite my armadillo enemy! Here's one pic of my peppers from the other day. Talk to you all soon!

Thumbnail by MechelleT

Good to see you back Mechelle. Great harvest!!! What are you planting for the fall crops?
Don't over-do you in that race to keep things going great! HUGS!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hiya Mechelle!

Nice peppers!

Sorry to hear about all the furbaby woes. Hope they are all better real soon. Glad Court had a good experience with AI and keeps on singing! She is such a beautiful child and I know you're proud of her!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Mekos! HUGS Back!
Fall veggies.. Bok Choy, Lettuce, Leeks, Spinach, potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, .. I'm up for just about anything!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey Miss Kelly! Thank you and Yes, we are so proud of her ;-) Going to dmail you later about fall veggies..lol..

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mail away my friend! I sifted compost and topped off all my raised beds last weekend so I'm gearing up to plant soon. It was so beautiful out this morning - about 70°... Let the pups out to do their business and they both just stood there like they were shocked it was so "cold" outside - lol. I'm hoping the worst of our heat is over;o) I have some tomato plants that made it through the summer that I hope will start producing again. They have about 30 days to show me their stuff or out they come to make room for some yummy fall/winter veggie!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Somebody was asking about milkweed "parachute seed" pods in the northeast. I have plenty of them, if anybody wants I'll send out. We used to blow them around in the wind when we were kids, fun to play with. They are growing all over the place now.

I also have some nice coleus cuts available for holdouts over the winter in three different colors. They make good house plants if you have a warm sunny window.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Glad to see You Mechelle. Hope all the critters survive their injuries.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi RRM! Good to see you! The critter children are all doing good!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

HI Michelle! Glad to have you back! We missed you! So happy to hear that Courtney had a great time with Carl Perkins on TV! We are so excited for her. If things slow down too much for her, just let me know and I will contact some people in the business there that I know. Maybe they can get by to hear her on open mic nights! Hey, and don't worry about when you get stuff sent. Whenever if works for you is fine by me. And WOW what a haul from the garden! Still waiting for tomatoes to get ripe here! And we just don't get to plant in the fall of course. Well, guess we plant in the fall for next year, but sure not produce, lol!
And thanks Lori for the email and glad you are back too! I'll send you an email soon!

Booneville, AR

we didn,t get any bad westher it stormed itself out before it got here did alot of damage in texas i didn,t see every thing thet said about it but fhink it was bad. going to bed get some sleep i hope. love and hugs to all nettie

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Good night, Nettie, and am very glad that you didn't get all the bad weather!

Booneville, AR

all my flowers are kinda sad at the moment they don.t know weather to live or kick the bucket i keep tellinbg them to hang in there don,t think they can here me yhey act like they are gona kick the bucket. im not to upset with them. enid bill and i have been picking up the yard its not bad mosely limbs we rhrow them out of the yard and the dog brings them back she likes to cary sruff around in her mouth. we got enough rain dh will have to mow the pasture is worse than the yard. love nettie en[d good to see you back.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Glad everyone is back. Stay well you all.....
Hugs and nuzzles from me and the longear gang.....

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm looking for all the people I previously sent sunflower seeds and tomato plants to see how they grew in other parts of the country. Let me know how you did with them, Thanks

I'm currently saving seeds from this one, now over 12' tall. The multi-branched 4"-5" flowers are smaller than some and make nice cut flowers for large vases.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Hi Al! Still have tons of maters on the plants! Watching the weather very closely here, as we have had a couple of very frosty evenings, and don't want to lose them due to frost, so have the covers for them on stand-by in case I need them, lol. And it's not easy to cover them when they are 4 ft tall, lol!

Kelly did you ever figure out what the name of your rose was that your Mom had? I ran across one called a John Cabot rose that looked kinda like it I think. It is hardy to zone 2.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nettie thinks it's a Rugosa and I think she's right. It could be John Cabot though - sure looks like it!

I have seeds to grow a blue Ramanas rose, a green Rugosa , a red china rose, and a white china rose.A couple more pictures to come.

Thumbnail by mekos

The green.

Thumbnail by mekos

Red china rose.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

How long from seed to bloom for roses?

White china rose.

Thumbnail by mekos
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Very pretty! The green is unusual.

Post a Reply to this Thread