New Bees 8/23/10 friends - new and old...Come in

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

What's going on in your garden?

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here...http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1112730/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 5:30 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Gang! - I'm back again after a week long trip into Rhode Island along the Northeast coast. This is the last of our short trips for the summer before Ellen gets serious about school stuff and music production, hopefully her last year before retirement. We toured a couple of nice gardens in Newport including the "Breakers" Mansion previously owned by Cornelius Vanderbilt on Bellvue Ave. I'll have some pix later.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Al! Morning everyone - thanks for the new thread Robin;o)

Good Morning everyone. Sunny out this morning and hot as blazes already.
I went out a took a picture then hurriedly came right in.
This is a bog lily I bought last spring from Dragonfly Aquatics and they didn't give me the real name only bog lily. But it bloomed this morning and smells like heaven.

Thumbnail by mekos

I love the beautiful white spidery bloom.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 9:09 AM

Thumbnail by mekos

Here is the whole plant, it sorta looks to me like maybe some type of crinum lily, but they sold it as a bog lily in the water garden stuff.

Thumbnail by mekos
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Very pretty lily,Mekos. Thanks Arejay for new thread.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous mekos - it does look like a Crinum to me...

My Stormy went to her first grooming appt on Saturday so thought I'd share some pics. Sure wish we could post more than one at a time...

This one she thinks she's real cute (and I have to agree!)...

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Being really silly...

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

All that bathing and brushing and I'm exhausted...

Thumbnail by locakelly

Ahhhh, so cute, just a little princess!!! Adorable baby!

she is beautiful. thanks for Pic Loca. Al, look like you had another scenic vation.

Thanks nettie, it takes forever to get it to the opening up stage. Usually fall when it is cooler. Mine is shooting up bloom spikes too. But it probably won't open till end of Sept or oct.
They are SLOW to open.

Booneville, AR

mekos im glad you told me that now i can wait.im sure it will be beautiful when it does bloom love nrttie

Booneville, AR

loca i have a little dog just like her his name is fluffer he is so loveing and much loved his color is the same as hers, he is alot of company to me. its past my bed time so i need to go now hugs and love nettie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I love your dog Kelly, she's a real sweetheart! Yorkies are such attention grabbers, you can't help but love them.

I've been dogless for about 4 years now, my constant companion "Mack" was always at my side for nearly 14 years before he finally got old and ill. He was a smallish black lab mix that we found at the local shelter. He loved to go on car rides and even had a special harness and seat cover to fly in small airplanes. I have never known a better dog. I still work at the shelter as a volunteer dog walker hoping someday to find a suitable replacement for him but it's hard to pass judgement on so many others.

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'd love to see a picture of your fluffer Nettie! Do you have one?

Thanks Al! I hope you find the perfect friend someday soon! I admire you for donating your time to the shelter. That has to be a tough job to see all those babies without a home. I've thought a few times about volunteering at a shelter or rescue, but not sure if I can do it or not. It breaks my heart to see the animals like that!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Look whos following me this morning....

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Good shot Robin, you've gotta be fast for that photo! It's a keeper.

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Al~!!

that is a good shot. Have to be fast, HUH????

Cute Robin. I just love to be outside and hear that thunder just above your head and look up to see one trying to move you away so it can eat. ;0)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice shot girl! I love my hummers! They are so used to me they will come eat out of the feeder while I'm hanging it back up - lol... And they will buzz me not so nicely if I forget to change it or it's empty.

Booneville, AR

Here's Fluff.

Thumbnail by littlenettie
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh Nettie I love your little Fluff! What a doll! Of course I'm a bit partial to the Yorkies, but I love all pups equally! How much does he weigh? He looks small like my Stormy...

Booneville, AR

fluff weighs less than 10 lbs he is about 5 years old not a big dog the medium ones the grandaughter had a little miniture they are real small. this one is very spoiled. every one spoiles him he loves pizza may be why he is so heavy.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I ♥ his little bear face! Stormy is not quite 4 lbs and Yankee is just over 10 lbs, so Fluff is in the middle;o)

!♥♥♥love the little fluff. So cute.

WOW! Nettie he is adorable! What a cutie. Love that little face there. Just makes you want to hug him. ;0)

Booneville, AR

ok loca here is erins little dog

Thumbnail by littlenettie
Booneville, AR

that is maggie girl and shr is real small. spoiled also nettie

LORD HAVE MERCY!!! What a tiny baby. So cute!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh I ♥ ♥ ♥ her! Now that is a tiny pup! So cute!

Booneville, AR

mark says fluffers will probly weigh about 6 lbs. we keep dog food out for him and the little bridge dog,abused and thrown away poor little thing he sure loves loveing gets in your lap every chance he gets takes a nap every day with his golf playing dad they go feed the horse togeather and to the mail box just about every where bill goes that little dog goes we call him shortie. it suits him he is not very big either.the little thing had a bad time of it if not por bill he would have starved to death he was afraid of people we had to live trap him couldn.t catch him by hand it was so cold on him bill would go twice a day and feed him..im glad we did that he thinks he was born here his house his people. enough dog talk for me today nettie.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You have a good heart Nettie, your family too. I pray every night for all the animals that are hurting and alone and without a home and someone to love them. It's so sad.

Booneville, AR

rj thank you so much for the new thread the old one was so long. love nettie

Booneville, AR

mekon that really is a bog lilly they had some for sail at a little home grown place back in the woods i didnot get one cause i was afraid they doug it in the wild they are not supost to do stuff like that but alot of them do it anyway. nettie i have the name here somewhere, ill look and see if i can find it.

I posted it on the plant and tree ID forum and they said it was a Crinum Americana. I bought it from Dragonfly Aquatics. That is a flower nursery. I bought my Lotus plants there and some water lilies and bog plants. They have a great bunch of plants, but all that one had on it was white bog lily. And it took 2 years to bloom but it is covered in blooms. Smells so good. Wish I had got a couple more. I'm hoping it will make seeds for me and I can get a few more.
I bought one called a red bog lily too and the foliage is dark maroon but no blooms yet on it.

Thumbnail by mekos
Booneville, AR

mekos spider lily basket lily hymencallis caroliniana h. 0ccidentalil it says here they bloom fromapril through august moth pollinated they are true natives of the southeast and also arkansassomeone has my book againbulbs produce off shuts they open at night and syay open rhe next day woonbder if my book will come back home sure hope so love and good night. nettie

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Love the Crinium Meko and that little tiny puppy Nettie!! What kind of dog is it Nettie?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.