Partly Cloudy

73 °F
(23 °C)
Humidity: 94 %
Wind Speed: E 5 MPH
Barometer: 30.02" (1015.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 71 °F (22 °C)
Visibility: 7.00 mi.

Today: Sunny and hot, with a high near 93. Heat index values as high as 96. East wind between 3 and 9 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 68. East wind around 7 mph.

As 2 days ago, it got hit up to 101* and very humid so I just stay inside and sure yesterday got very not feel well for 2 days something got flu around here so it time to get flu shot at Walgreen is open for flu shot I m not get until Oct.!....

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

71° Feels Like: 71°
Details:Foggy conditions are being reported around the area
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 69°
Pressure: 30.03 in
Visibility: 6.0 mi
Time Until Sunrise: 1 hrs 9 min
Through 11am: Partly to mostly sunny with temperatures steady or slowly warming to the low 70s. Winds light and variable. Areas of dense morning fog. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 86F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Dyson Dark!

Darius, Billy or BP is fine with me :o) Having the ground full of water for this long is kind of new around here. But our water table isn't very far down. We've just having more rain than usual the last couple of years. At first we were amazed. Now we hope our town doesn't flood in the lower end.

Ric, LOL! I learned long ago to not pour grease down the sink drain!

Pepper, love the wild trees and weeds! Gotta have those small ecosystems.

Rusty, I hope you don't have the flu. It seems like there are a few illnesses going around already. Rest up!

It's a bit foggy and condensation is dripping steadily off the roofs.

Yesterday we had great weather for the Fall festival and the boys got three chances at the Ping Pong drop since there weren't very many kids there. They gave nice prizes! They went in the "Bouncy House twice, and rode the airplanes. We got a bag full of candy thrown at the parade. That will stay here and be doled out! They had small tractor pulls and the fireman's water barrel contest. We didn't stay too long as we had afternoon chores to do. We did get in a lot of walking.

The Caryopteris shrub my neighbor gave me actually survived the heat and has bloomed!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

A brief shower yesterday afternoon and passage of a cold front that should keep temps in the 80s for the coming week. I hope the humidity is low enough to be pleasant. No rain forecast for the coming work week, but it is time to mow again.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Good morning! It's still hot, still in a heat advisory until who knows when.

That front brought some severe storms to the area yesterday afternoon, there was thunder all around the house for a good 3 hours, we got.... nuthin. The city closest to us, Benton, got hit pretty bad though I guess, trees down, hail was as big as a quarter so lots of damage from that, I told Dave that that is the kind of storm we don't want. No rain in the forecast all week, but we're supposed to have cooler temps this week, then back up to the 105/110 crap again. Blah!!

Well I'm going to go next door and let her pooches out to pee and water a few things before it gets overly hot.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

checked - no more kudzu - so far.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Come on everybody, let's get well, o.k.? And that goes for me, too, though nothing major here, just some "that time of the month" issues. :-

Darius, glad you were able to rescue the dog. That must have been pretty scary for him.

BP, what quiet toy did you get for the boys?

Supposed to be in the 100s all this week. Blahhh

This cactus bloomed last night for the first time. I don't know what it is. The id tag faded. By 8:30 this morning the flower was all closed up.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Weather appears to have cooled down a bit.
Only high 80's this week w/ low 60's nights.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: your flowers look great--soooo pretty! I don't have a tripod or one of those fancy cameras where you can adjust the settings manually. I just have a point and shoot but I am going to try it on the "action" setting that Ric suggested. Last night would have been a good time to do that because there were pink clouds just at sunset and yet the moon was shining, too. It was very pretty but I didn't even try to take a photo.
BP: my friend, Kathy Ann, gave me two caryopteris yesterday. I am looking forward to having them in my garden. The blooms are really pretty.
Yay, Dyson! No more kudzu!
Kelli, pretty cactus flower.

As Crissy said, it's still hot and more to come--and dry, too. We didn't get any of that rain, either. I have been watering all morning--moving the sprinkler from place to place. I turned it off a few minutes ago and will finish the watering late this afternoon when the sun starts going down.

Yesterday, our Central Arkansas group got together for one of our luncheons. It was at Charlotte's house. We all had a good time and it was good to see one another again. Here is a photo of Charlotte's Koi pond and I am posting a link to the rest of the photos. Charlotte has a lovely garden--her entire back yard is a garden!

http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/CharlotteSLuncheon?authkey=Gv1sRgCJDhsv-P3_zrdw#

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Sally(BP), we planted our Caryopteris the very month we moved in. They LOOOOOOVE the heat. Ours is just starting to bloom, too.

Hot but not too hot today. 88º.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot and humid but feels great compared to what it felt like earlier in the month. Fall is coming pretty quickly now.

(Zone 7a)

Mau, thanks for the tour!!! That was fun!!!

We had some rain blow through for about 10 minutes. Cooled things off tremendously.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Pep! I hope your right! There's another High pressure building up for next week, supposed to encompass the same areas and it's supposed to be just as hot as it has been, we get 'a week off' you might say.

Thanks for sharing the pics Mau! I'm going to upload mine tomorrow while I'm at work, seems to go much faster there.

(Zone 7a)

63º and slightly breezy. And, in the Immortal Words of Ric.... Ahhhhhh...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I couldn't wait until Wednesday will be cool.....

Overnight: Clear, with a steady temperature around 74. East wind around 6 mph.

Monday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 95. East wind around 7 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 66. Southeast wind around 6 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 92. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming north.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. North wind between 8 and 11 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 84.

Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 60.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

62° AHHHHH!!!!! lol!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

64°F Feels Like: 64° Details:Some areas nearby are reporting fog.
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 63°
Pressure: 30.08 in
Visibility: 5.0 mi
Time Until Sunrise: 0 hrs 55 min Through 11am: Mostly sunny with temperatures warming rapidly into the mid to upper 70s. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Sunny. High 84F.

Dyson, I was actually thinking about your Kudzu yesterday and hoping it never survives my winter. I hope you killed yours for good!

Kelli, one boy picked a manure spreader that will fit the tractor I bought there a few years ago and the other picked that no name toy where you push the bottom of the box and the animal collapses, or a corner, and he bows, or tips his head. I had one when I was a kid :o) I still had DD's orange cat here, so they each have one now. He chose a red donkey:o)

Marsue, I really love them. My neighbor's is covered with bees and butterflies in the fall. Beautiful pond and great shot of many fish! Charlotte had a wonderful place! Amazing door prizes!!

Celia, I feel like I've joined a Caryopteris club :o) Gorgeous color on the sunflower! Delicate clover!

Rusty, hoping cooler weather comes your way soon!

Ric.... :o)

We kept the boys over night since DD was getting home from the State Fair close to dark. They have 5 new goat kids to check and a few to unload. They sold a buck at the Fair, Yayyy!

I get to mow and go back to eating old people food. Yayyy!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Another foggy morning in the mid 60s with temps going to the mid-to-upper 80s today. If the humidity is tolerable I shall try to get out in the yard a bit and get some vitamin D direct instead of pill form.

Glad to hear you have such fun with your boys, BP. My DGS is 10, but does not live anywhere near here and is allergic to cats and pollen, so has to be doped up with Benadryl for visits here. Wish he would outgrow the allergies.

Here's my butterfly from yesterday.

Thumbnail by sunfarm

AAAAHHHHH We're not in a heat advisory for once!!!

Today 94 with a real feel of 97
Tonight 67 with a real feel of 66
Tomorrow 94 with a real feel of 95 (NO heat index! How Exciting!!!)
Tomorrow night 71 with a real feel of 71!!
Wednesday 91 with a real feel of 94
(Check this out!) Wednesday night 67 with a real feel of 64!!

I'm liking this!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yippee, Crissy--I'll be doing the happy dance when we get to experience some temps less than 70f at night! LOLOL

quoting BP: "I get to mow and go back to eating old people food. Yayyy!"
ROFLOL BP--you make me laugh!!

I 'd like to share this with you. It was a post over on the Mid-South forum by one of the attendees at our luncheon on Saturday. It is very moving and, to me, explains beautifully what all my friends here on Dave's Garden mean to me. Our friend, Karen, (DG id: kjuddy) wrote this:

"Today ten of my best garden friends and I got together, actually some of them I'd never met before today, but by the time we'd spent two hours together we were friends. That's the wonder of gardening - it gives you a place to come together, common ground to start from. First you start off talking about this plant or that one and the next thing you know you are hearing about the time someone set off the security alarm in Walmart or how another's husband left a legacy of plants behind to remind her of him. Add in some good food, a few gifts and a stray birthday or two and the peace of being among those you know mostly thru a few shared sentences written at night while wearing pj's or in the office during lunch (and sometimes when you should be working) overcomes the stresses of everyday life. And for just that brief time all the cares of the world, the child who is struggling to become an adult, the parents whose health is slowly declining, the sorrows of the soul are forgotten in a chorus of 'what is this plant' and 'the impatiens you gave me last month are looking great' or 'how do you get this plant to grow like that'.

Gardening is an outward expression of hope, it is the beginning of a marvelous relationship, a hope filled journey where if we work hard, have a little luck and are patient we will be rewarded with a grand show that no man-made thing can replicate. Seeing a tiny twig grow into a shrub that blooms is so amazing that we cannot help but be proud, yes we know we did not cause it to grow, but we cheered it on - we fed it and watered it and kept it warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We fretted over it when it's leaves wilted and watched in amazement when it came back in the spring. It is no more our doing than the sun rising each morning but still we bask in the shared glory of it. And when we go to a garden party we are celebrating that glory and our part in it. To all my gardening friends - it was wonderful. Thanks for the great party!"

Thanks to Karen for expressing it so beautifully! I totally agree with her!

High in the mid 80s today with cloudless skies.

Tomorrow, high of 81. Low 80s rest of the week with lows for 2 or 3 days in the 50s. WHOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Other view of the same pasture. Walk down the fence line about 20 feet and this is what you see. This view I like. lol. There was one year though when the weeds were to the tops of the trees and all you saw was a wall of green. The only time you knew the horses were up front was by watching the weeds move. I'm glad we don't have that anymore. lol.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely Mau!
Thank Karen for me.

Pasture or Jungle? LOL!

Ric

Both. LOL!! The bad thing about the pasture is it blocks the breezes from the south. So if there is a really nice breeze from the south anywhere we don't get much of it, if any. So it can feel pretty hot at times. Oh well, at least the pasture is nice to look at for the most part. LOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, Today is Full Sturgeon Moon 1:05 p.m. EDT....

Wow! Wednesday will be down to around 50*... Yeah soon will be nice cooler....

Overnight: Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 71. East wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Light wind becoming north between 10 and 13 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62. North wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 83. North wind between 8 and 11 mph.

Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 56. Northeast wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Right now:

Joplin Regional Airport
Lat: 37.18 Lon: -94.5 Elev: 982
Last Update on Aug 24, 1:53 am CDT

A Few Clouds

75 °F
(24 °C)
Humidity: 55 %
Wind Speed: E 7 MPH
Barometer: 29.95" (1012.7 mb)
Dewpoint: 58 °F (14 °C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here is Ju at 9 months old now will be 10 months old on September 3... Gee she growing so fast! Still playing fighting with Rusty and Ju run so crazy circle around yard and Rusty couldn't catch up of his age! lol...Ju run like horse.

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

64°F Feels Like: 64°
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 61°
Pressure: 30.04 in
Visibility: 9.0 mi
Time Until Sunrise: 1 hrs 33 min
Through 11am: Sunny with temperatures steady or slowly warming to the upper 60s. Winds light and variable. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 80F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

I doubt we see any rain today. It's still behind Des Moines and drying up from North to South.

I mowed yesterday and then we saw we needed to pick grapes. We have 18 quarts of cleaned grapes in the fridge. I was not ready to do them yesterday and have jars in the dishwasher ready to wash this morning. The grapes were clean, no ''bee stings'' and most of the bunch was ripe.

Sunfarm, I hope he outgrows his allergies too. Beautiful shot!!

Chrissy, laughing. Thaat would be very hot here!

Marsue, that was beautiful and every word was in my mind, but I couldn't have written it so well. Thanks for sharing !

Peper, I''m in the same Woo Hooooo boat all week too!! The pasture is my kind of place! Wow on watching the grass/horses move!

Rusty, Ju is beautiful!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper: nice pasture pic--too bad it cuts off the breeze. I wouldn't mind having a high of 81F but 75F would be even better! LOL
Rusty: Ju is growing up!
BP: are you going to make grape jelly? Glad you enjoyed the thoughts from Karen. I will thank her for you and for Ric.

Woohoo! It was only 69F on my back porch at 6:20 this morning--a real "cold" wave! LOL
# Today: Plentiful sunshine. High 93F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Mainly clear. Low 69F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Marsue, grape juice and I'm ready to shut down and get busy!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

YUMMMMM, home-made grape juice! :o))

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, the beautiful summer keeps right on. Good growing conditions all week & now last night 1.2" rain.
Farm crops are so far ahead that farmers are already chopping corn for silage. A good 3 weeks ahead of normal.
We picked 19 pails, 4 gallon, of pickles yesterday. More slicing cucumbers than we could sell in a month! Muskmelons are also going crazy. We pick 30 or so everyday.

Cold front came with the rain. Only 65º this morning going for high of 75º.

Look at Ju!!! She's getting so big!! LOL Runs like a horse

Mau is right! we're cooling down finally, mid 80's tomorrow and Thursday.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sunday morning we had a guy killed near us while attempting to 'Car Surf'.
This came in this morning.
4 miles from where we lived in Beavercreek.

http://www.salon.com/news/trending/2010/08/24/brennan_eden_ohio_car_crash

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Weather was cool and cloudy today.
77° was the high.
We should be near 60° by morning.
90's again next week!
WE NEED RAIN!
None in sight.....

Ric

High of 81 today with mostly cloudy skies. There was rain in the skies but it evaporated before it hit the ground. Our lows tonight will be in the 50s.

RIght now it's in the low 70s and man does it feel good!! I walked around town with a friend tonight and we were just loving it. And her dog was too. lol

Storm clouds from a couple weeks ago.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Ric........Wow! Seat-belts DO save lives! :-)

early-bloomer

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's the odd thing eb he was ejected from the car.
I'm betting the car manufacturer wants the pieces of that auto.

60° here this morning.
Off to work.

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: I didn't watch the video--no need in putting that image into my head. Is this a different accident from the one involving the car surfer? Why do police release someone like that--he should have, at least, been kept in jail overnight, IMHO, but I suppose they did not think they had 'cause' to retain him.
Bernie: I'm glad somebody has had a beautiful summer--it certainly hasn't been that way down here.

Cool front coming through--temps down in the high 80's which may not seem all that cool to some of you but it sure beats the high 90's and low 100's! Also, the humidity will be very low so it will be much more comfortable. I plan to work outside doing some clean up in the morning. Today I am going to have lunch with a friend so I won't have time to work in the yard.
Y'all have a good day!

# Tonight: Some clouds. Low 69F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 90F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Checking in briefly to report we have had a break in the weather too. It stayed below 80 yesterday (topped out at 78) and this morning was below 60 (at 58) for the first time in many weeks. A few more pleasant days are predicted.

(Zone 7a)

71.4 °F with 90º for the high. I'm going to go play in the dirt some more.
Clear
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in(Rising)
Heat Index: 77 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 8.00 out of 12
Pollen Forecast new!
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4269 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Ric, all I can say is "Yikes!" I hope I never have a windshield video that "exciting". Yeesh!

According to the newspaper, yesterday it got up to 111F in Woodland Hills and 110F in Chatsworth. I am located between the two. In our yard, we measured 106F in a place that never gets any direct sun and is about a foot off the ground.

I know Ric, we can't seem to buy rain here. BUT it's cooler!! I came in at 11:30 because I had a drs appt this morning, my car told me it was 85* then! Woo Hoo!!!

That's some incredible video Ric, glad I wasn't that cop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.