Do you have any Agave attenuata or hybrids?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The stiff form looks great. Lots of variegation! It kind of reminds me of this one, though the name is escaping my usual iron trap mind. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

That plant is gorgeous, but it sure looks wimpy for an Agave. It's nice to know there are a few around which aren't out to stab you every time you turn around. LOL!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Like how I sat it on my sunny Agave cornelius?

Yes, I never would have guessed an agave. The leaves are so thin and so none aggressive.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I wasn't going to say anything about that. LOL!!!

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

that last one is Agave angustifolia variegata

Vista, CA

This came for a bubil when the link imaged-clone flowered 2 years ago.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/96398/

Bob

Thumbnail by thistlesifter
Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Cool! So this is 2 years after planting the bulbil? How sensitive are those baby plants to strong light?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Wow! Such potential!

Vista, CA

These are adapted to 80% light...

The real white one grows from the same stem as the greener leafed head. And interestingly seem to grow at same speed.. Very slow, Normally the variegates from this clone will grow much faster.

Mulberry, FL

I have 2 verigated picked up for Edna she posted she wanted some got them and never said she stopped looking i would trade these for some decent brug cuttings if your interested dmail me thanks ...Dana

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Was there some kind of damage to the bulbil to trigger a second head? I'm sort of new to this. Seems like 2 heads would grow slower than one, but 2 years is a long time to wait. I recently had an agave pup develop a second head after the other one was almost amputated. The second head looks monstrose, and the first one came back, so I'm curious how it will all turn out.

Here's a bulbil that I yanked out of perlite yesterday after 3 weeks of rooting.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero

And finally in soil. Should I bury the bulbil up to its leaves in pumice? I'm still waiting to water it properly.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Vista, CA

Baja,
Looks fine. This one has enough water stored to fuel it through a long dry season. It will grow a good set of roots in this pot without much water. 6 months from now you will likely have a pot full of roots and you can move it up to larger pot or into the outdoor bed.

As far as monstrose growth, a little tissue damage in early growth is normal and the plant will most likely turn out to be normal.

Bob

Thank you for the advice.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

PalmBob, I finally found one of these with a name tag. I had seen a few at another nursery a few weeks ago but no name.
Re your post: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8034819

Today I saw 3 more small ones. As you suspected - Agave sisalana Mediopicta

This message was edited Nov 10, 2010 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.