Uncarinas

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

anyone growing uncarinas ?

kyle

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

WOW Kyle!! Long time no see. Hope you are doing great! I see still fascinated with plants! I think the last time I heard from you, your city job had phased your department out that created huge street planters and were in a bind with all your personal plants you had growing in their greenhouse.

I fell in love with Uncarinas when I saw a small tree of Uncarina grandidieri in full bloom at the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory at the New York Botanical Garden. Subsequently I bought 2, an Uncarina grandidieri and an Uncarina decaryi, the only ones I could find. I really cannot remember what became of them.

However, I hunted for the rare colored ones for years. I never could find any available to buy. Maybe they are available here now.

I did follow on Facebook, a hybridizer of them, Tawatchai Paprataro in Thailand, who had the best colored ones, vivid pink and even orange, red and many shades of them. He offered to sell me 1 but his price was astronomical and it must have been ridiculous for I am an easy touch for any plant I covert.

Are you growing them?

These are ones from Tawatchai Paprataro. Look and drool.

Thumbnail by Kell Thumbnail by Kell Thumbnail by Kell Thumbnail by Kell Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.