Accessible Gardening Thread #12 (Compassion for...)

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Definitely, Katie, wrapping that ankle will give extra support when you have to be up. Staying off of it is the best fix though. I know how difficult that is when ya live alone, though.

Hugs,
Sheri

Hi Vickie,
Nothing much going on here. Scratchy throat the past couple days. Woke this morning with froggy voice and very tight chest. When I give myself some chest PT I can cough up a little bit. Ugh, sure hope I'm not getting pneumonia again. Am drinking lots of water and chicken boullion.
Thanks for asking,

Hugs all around,
Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Man, I can sure use a hug, Sheri, so I appreciate it. Nothing in particular, just everything, y'know? Hope you feel better and please don't get pneumonia. Katie, I agree, ELEVATE your swollen limb.

mulege, Mexico

I followed orders received here and stayed in bed all day. Read a Jonathan Kellerman book. Got up briefly to feed dogs and myself. Very boring and I'm irritable but my ankle is better. I'm using an elbow bandage on it and it helps to stabilize it.

The Rare Fruit Festival was really interesting. I learned a lot, especially about growing apples in a subtropical climate. Took lots of notes as my memory is not real good and I got a poster of Hawian fruits to inspire me. Also snagged one large dragonfruit which I brought home and gave to Tony for him and his famly to share.

I have another neighbor who always had one critical remark after another whenever he came over. (Behind his back, I called himjEyore - as in Winnie the Pooh - and anyone knew immediately what he was llike.) One day, after listening to several critical responses to any improvement which I tried to point out I said to him, quite cheerfully, "Well, you should realize that I serve the useful purpose of being a person to whom everyone else can feel superior." "Grk," he said. He hasn't come back since. The funny thing is that I wasn't anygry when I said it. Or after. Or now. He is one of the most miserable, critical people I've ever known and that's saying a lot.

Time for me to soak a bit in my outdoor tub, then back to bed.

big hugs for everybody, katie

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh Katie, You manage to send me into a giggleing spasm every now and then. I can see his face and hear a weak lil "GRK"
You got good taste in books!!! Love those Kellermans. Think i need to make a trip to the library if i can ever see again.
Good for you! Stay off the foot!
Whats a dragon frut? Sounds like something i really want.
Sheri, Can't noone neglect themselves like nurses and doctors.Please take care.pnumonia is still a BAD thing.
Carrie, consider yourself HUGGED! Wish i could do it for real. Come to think of it everyone consider yourselves hugged.
Cooler weather is on the way and we'll all feel better.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I know! Grk, and "Eeyore," really got cracked me up Now I have to figure out if it is worth $90 to borrow $6000 for a year ... not used tto borrowing money.

I went toDr yesterday and was put on a Zpak. that is some strong stuff that kills bacteria very fast. 2 pills to begin then 1 a day for only 4 days. I see My regular Dr on Tues, so she will surely check my lungs. Thanks for the concern. I get bronchitis and it seems to be more frequently the older I get. Uh....we won't talk about the age part, but it seems here for the past couple of years it hits me about every 6 months.

Hugs all around,
Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, Just off hand it sounds good to me.90 ON 6000 sounds like cheap interest.But then again math is not one of my strong abilitys In fact its slap dab at the bottom.
Sheri, You don't have staph pnumonia do you? To me you're just a child. LOL

No, Vickie, I don't have pneumonia, just very tight upper bronchitis. The Dr put me on that Zpak to prevent it's progress into pneumonia. LOL to your thinking of me as a child..I sure don't feel like I did as a child!!

I think I might OD on peaches ^_^. I got a box (maybe 10) today at Costco and am now starting on my 4th or 5th. MMMM..MMMMfresh ripe Georgia peaches are wonderful!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Fresh ripe GA peaches? ?Me tooo??? It was very hot here this summer for a few weeks but not enough weeks to ripen anything. Last year DH put up my tomato cage for me, this year he was working, so the tomatoes all crawled all over the ground and didn't do well at all. I had good lettuce early on; I guess I should get a second crop in but I'm thinking more of cleaning out my containers.

mulege, Mexico

Hi Everybody,

Glad my post gave some of you a few chuckles. Will so many of us fighting illness, fatigue, etc it's good to laugh.

Sheri, take care of that cough and rest a lot.

I am doing as you all told me and staying down with my foot elevated.

Tony, bless this heart, was doing the dishes when I finally got up this morning. I've let them slide to avoid being on my feet (most any excuse will help me avoid housework like doing dishes).

My ankle was very sore yesterday - I went to sleep about 8:30. Reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo." Very interesting.

Thinking of all of you and wishing for the best for everyone.

More soon but now I have to lie down again.

hugs, katie

Midland City, AL

Katiebear, you might want to try wearing hightop athletic shoes after your ankle heals. I have problems with one of my ankles and I’ve found that helps me. More comfortable than the elastic supports when you are moving around. Shoes with the heavily padded tops work best.
Shouldn't one of the perks of surviving to an advanced age be getting to wear exactly what you want? :-) ~Nadine~

mulege, Mexico

Hi - Great minds think alike, I guess. I was just contemplating the Doc Matrens I'd gotten for cooler weather and heavier work, deciding that I will have to adopt the is-she-really-wearing-that look of shorts, t-shirt and Doc Martens with ankle socks. Maybe I'll also get a Nixon mask. Maybe I can bring back Granny dresses. I'm a bit old for the punk look but a little purple hair would distract the eyes from the shoes. Maybe.

kb

LOL...purple hair!
Send a pic if you do that, please! ^_^
Katie, you are a hoot!

Hugs, Sheri

Midland City, AL

You can always do brown leather high-tops and go for the safari look. Lol “Dr, Katiebear, I presume?”
:--I haven’t read that book yet. MK told me the original Swedish title translates as something like “men who hate women.” Changing the title for the English speaking market was a good move. After you’ve read it, she said, most of us can feel a little better about our own dysfunctional families because, at least, they’re not quite as bad as the family in the book. Lol. ~Nadine~

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

I haven't read the book in its entirety. A friend read me some excerts from it and I read the NY Times Book Review. Please let me know if you thought it was worth your time. I'll keep my eyes open for it in audio format. LOL. Pun unintended. Kay*

mulege, Mexico

It's part of a trilogy aand will reuire a lot of hours. I'm about half-way throught he second book and think it's worth it as much for the ideas about the exploitation of women and children and for the plot. I like that the uglier parts of the plot oare not sensationalized. The herione is very interesting.

Surprising book to be written by an man.

I'm still off my feet and in a crummy mood. The dogs and I all growled at Tony when he left today. I think my ankle is some better. Still being very careful and resenting it.

katie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have to be SO careful about not biting off more than I can chew. A trilogy sounds wonderful - I'm always looking for stuff to read in bed in the middle of the night. Why am I sleepy NOW - 3:30 pm - but wide awake at 3;30 am? Anyway, books are good but they take up too much space once they are read. Yes, I'm cranky. I thought once the weather got better my sx. would improve. hasn't happened!!!!!!

(Debra) Garland, TX

might take a little time, carrie. it was a very hot summer and i think it took more out of you than is summer-customary. :-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Summer-customary ..... there's an interesting concept for MS patients!

mulege, Mexico

My computer has been down for a week. I'm at an internet cafe in town to let you all know I'm still alive but not kicking as my ankle is worse than ever. I'm glad to have the company of people who know how much chronic pain sucks and how much worse it sucks when a new chronic pain is added. When my puter is better I'll write to my doctor in San
Diego and see if he has any suggestions.

My dog Jenny tore up the living room hunting a mouse yesterday. She is good at opening drawers and boxes. What a mess. Tony was gone for two days; his father is worse and they are now waiting for him to get an appointment to go to LaPaz for surgery. He was back today and did most of the living room clean-up.

I hardly slept last night due to foot pain.

Sorry about the whinergram but I needed to vent.

hugs, katie

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry about your ankle.Keep trying to baby it along as much as you can.
Don't know which is worse a sick computer or a sick ankle?
Do you need a kitten to keep your dogs in their place? I have one that is very good at it.
Hugs go out for Tonys father.
I've been having trouble with depression again. Think i'm on the mend tho.
We finaly got some rain and cooler temps.Gave me an incentive to make some fall flower arraingements.I got the eye surgery and colors seem so vibrant to me.What are your favorite colors? Right now mine are yellow and orange at Christmas it'll be blue and silver.
Write more tomorrow.
Vickie

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hope everyone is OK.
Think i saw a flea awhile ago,Now i'll have to fumigate.Also have to get the oil changed in the car. Money just seems to slip thru my fingers. LOL I bet you guys don't have that problem. Course we wont talk about the craft stuff i just bought.
Night All
Vickie

I just finished a round of Avelox (an antibacterial) that cost $155.81 for TEN tablets!! That was after a 5 day Z Pak didn't zap whatever has me sick with major bronchitis
No arts n crafts or even eggs & milk for me this month!

no hug (germs) but lots of love,
Sheri

Midland City, AL

BirdieBlue Yikes look out for the dinosaur that took the huge sized bite out of your budget.

Katiebear Have you tried Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM it is a little more expensive than the ones without the msm but it works so much better still under 20$.

Still battling with Kay's computer it is freezing up only with Zoomtext but that is the one program she can't do without.
(Jim)

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

I still need to replace my sound card, but my computer is now limping along.
I think glucosamine chondroitin is the fuel that is keeping Amargia going. I take it for arthritis pain and Nadine takes it for her ankle.
Vickie, Jim complains the natural autumn colors here are butter yellow, deep burgundy and dark pink. In his opinion these aren't PROPER autumn colors. (lol. We have lots of sweet gum trees and spider lilies.) Creating decorations is the only way I can get the rich golds, oranges and reds he associates with fall. I think I may try painting the plumes of the sea cane those colors.
Nadine has started a "Vickie's Visit to Amargia" jar where we are to put all our change. You are, of course, expected to bring any extra kitten you might have bouncing around with you. No skunks, please. She had a wild skunk she befriended in CT. Fortunately, she couldn't think of a way to get her friend Sticky on the plane. She's been reading up on skunks as pets. AL mercifully has some strict laws about that.
Hope your ankle starts healing soon, Katie. Nadine's problem is a childhood injury that comes back to haunt her whenever she stresses it too much or steps wrong. Do you have any memory of injuring your ankle in the past? Kay*

I recieved the Armagia plant box. They are all planted and tucked up good for the winter to come. thanks for the Pink flower shamrocks. I do so love them.
Hugs to everyone. got to go get my chest x rayed now. I've been on so much meds over the past 3 weeks it's hard to believe there is still congestion there, but alas it is so.

Sheri

mulege, Mexico

Hi Everybody,

I'm still not online at my house due to death of modem and difficulty replacing. Am getting my puter tuned up and doing my online stuff at an internet cafe.

Bad news - I tripped and fell this morning. Ii'll be black in blue in a couple of days. Very lucky I didn't break anything. I try to be careful as this is a very hard time but I spaced out.

Still waiting for Tony's father to get the appointment for his surgery; he is failing more each day.

It is still horribly hot and humid. We had a little breeze this morning but it will be about three weeks before we can expect the weather to break.

Tony has been making shelves for me and painting and putting up the cupboards for the kitchen. Very big changes happening as I am able to sort and discard, organizing what I'm keeping. Lots of magazines and other things for the kids. But I need to slow down and not try to rush things as that is how I tripped and fell.

hugs all around, katie

(Debra) Garland, TX

katie, do you mean difficulty in getting the right modem or in getting someone to replace it for you? if it's the modem, don't say i can guarantee to find one at our warehouse, but tell me what you have and my guys will check to see.

debra

(Debra) Garland, TX

D-mailed Carrie. She said tell everyone she's fine, just really really busy right now. :-)

Debra

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I was about to say, tugs to all, I'm crazy busy, but Debra seems to have taken care of it! DH says the armagia canna was worth it just for the foliage but I'm not sure I'm up to storing it. I may need a new one every spring.... which makes me feel like I only take..... maybe I'll be your first customer.

Lots of pain ... anyone take _____ (that anti-depressant that works on pain) ? My brain is so fritzed out from tramadol and not sleeping that I don't remember the name of it.

? Cymbalta?

Jim- thank you for my care pkg. I hope i have planted them appropriately. the sorrel in part shade/dappled sun. the lilies in morning sun. Does that sound right, or should I have put some in full sun or full shade?

Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Katie, Bless your heart! Hope you do some fast healing.(Your puter too)I saw a special on Travel chanel,A young couple looking for a house in (San Cabel?)Beautiful place but boy the expensive houses.I'm just a simple woman.Can you imagine keeping a house like that spotless? Also i'm not a spotless person.
Hugs and prayers to Tonys father.
Debra has anyone ever told you that you are a very nice lady? Okey I ve told you how nice you are. Now I get to pick on you. LOL Some Texans think everyone from Dallas northwards are Yankees.LOL
Carrie, I love the foliage of cannas too (seems tropical)
I'm glad you mentioned them, I need to remember to bring mine in too. I brought my Christmas cactus and aloe in yesterday.everything else can stay out longer.
Whats this about you getting and not giving.I remember getting some beautiful music last year from you. Are you doing it again this year?
DD is taking an anti-depressent for pain. I'll have to ask her what it is.
I'm having trouble with not sleeping now too.I'm hyper and can't relax. Nothing seems to help. Have you ever tried relaxing music or do you find yourself analizing it.
Sheri, How did your xray turn out? I love my Fairy Bells too and they are blooming away again since it rained. One would think that containers would'nt grow up in weeds but they sure did.My hips and knees are'nt letting my move around much right now,so they'll have to stay that way.I can see better tho and the colors are brighter.
Jim, Kay and Nadene. I'm touched about the Vickie fund.
How about a big fat black witch cat? When i brought the kittens home. She got so mad at me she totally lost it.She would'nt come near me except to hiss and growl. Guess i'll keep her tho, she's started coming around. Yvonne has one but i don't know which one is going.
We always get tourists during the leaf change.We do have the reds,yellows,oranges and salmon colored.The Dogwood berrys are turning red and the leaves are turning purple.The sumac and Sour Gum turn bright red.
Our pears are ripe. I've been picking a few everyday. and made some apple pear pie filling today.I wish i could look for some muskidines.
Hope everyone has a good night
Vickie

(Debra) Garland, TX

Carrie, Might be Lyrica. It is for diabetic neuropathy and is also used for Fibromyalgia. My neurologist tried me on it for some weird numbness not explained by the MS. Worked on that, but made me so "Living on the Planet Debra" that I quit taking it. Some discomfort from whatever it was, was better than having a huge PAIN from getting fired. Cymbalta made me want to drown myself, so I stay far, far away from it now. LOL

Vickie, I'm "paying it forward," thank you for the compliment. :-) Music can absolutely alter physiology. Especially in combination with breathing or guided imagery. Also, biofeedback is really cool and works if practiced regularly. Even with MS or other conditions, it has benefits.

Debra

Hi everyone! I am finally over the bronchial infection. The X-ray was "normal". Many years ago ( when in USAF) I had a horrible cold that would go away and come back. this went on and on over about a 3 month period. X-rays continued to show "normal" yet i was finally diagnosed as having "walking pneumonia". I think the residual cough and sinus drainage is fall allergies.

I made a wonderful discovery yesterday in my naturalized woodland front yard.
There is a swing out there that needs to be replaced (rotted wood). The 4x4 uprights and cross beam however remain in excellent condition. There is a Bluebird nest-box mounted near the top of one of the uprights. occasionally I will open the front to check for activity and also keep it free from unwanted residents (spiders, bees, etc)
Yesterday when I opened it I found a nest about 6"deep and made unlike any I had seen before. I very gently tugged at the nest material, tipping it towards me so as to identify any resident. I was met by the cutest face (size of a walnut) and Huge round black eyed. Well I quickly apologised for my intrusion and gently tucked the nest back in as it was and closed the front panel. I was only a few steps away when a head appeared in the entry hole and then A beautiful Flying Squirrel came out and immediately went to the back side of the 4x4 upright.
It stayed there flattened as if completely frozen. I slowly approached and even touched the beautiful dark brown soft as mink tail. It did not move from that position until I was well away from there. I was able to watch it quickly scamper around the side of the nest box for a quick reentry.
Later in the day I placed 2 almonds in the entry resting on the wood. about an hour later when I left for church the nuts were gone.
This morning I went out with 2 almonds. I slowly opened the front of the nest box and was gonna place 1 on the top edge. Much to my surprise, the little squirrel leaned its head toward my hand and took the almond with its mouth. I noticed something odd when it stretched up to take the almond (I was on tiptoes for visibility). There was what appeared to be a tiny pink foot near this squirrel's neck. Upon closer inspection I learned that Rosie is a new mom!! I don't know how many are in there, but there are at least 3 ( I think).
I am so excited about my new resident. In all my years of loving and working with animals, wildlife and birds, this is the first time I have come in contact with a wild flying Squirrel. Rosie did not appear frightened this morning as she took the almond from y hand.
I plan on giving her 1 or 2 a day and hope we can become friends. I so wish that I had a dig camera that worked so I could get pictures to share. This really is a rather rare experience from what I have read and been told.
Vickie- thanks for asking how I am doing, Something is going on with my right hip. It is very painful. I cannot use the right leg as the lead one when stepping up. It just won't support me and the pain is severe. I see a VA (arggg) on Monday and hopefully can get it x-rayed. I sure hope it is not my arthritis.
I have an awesome praise report to share- When I had the severe bronchitis I was put on a Z-pak (5 day super antibiotic). I already had an appointment with my regular Dr the day after taking the final pill. I was still having a hard cough that required self Chest Percussing to loosen it up. Anyway, she called in a prescription for "the big guns" to Costco (usually the cheapest prices).
Anyway, to make a long story shorter---I did not follow my original plan of going straight to the pharmacy and then leave. I dawdled over the digital cameras (probably drooling) for about 10 minute. I stopped and looked at a # of things that I usually don't even notice. It is noteworthy that I needed to go to the ladies room, but instead, wandered the store for about 30 minutes.
When I got to the pharmacy check out I learned that the 10 pills (Avelox) cost $155.81!! I nearly burst into tears telling them that I don't have that kind of money. Panic set in and I said "But I have to have this to keep from getting pneumonia! I asked if they could hold it for a few days while I called around. Mentioning my church benevolence I then sat in a chair not 3 feet from the cashier and called my church. They said I would have to fill out some paperwork and then wait for their weekly review of requests. Next I asked the pharmacist for something showing the medication and it's cost so that I could prove this legitimate need. After obtaining the documentation, I parked my cart near a register and said I'd be back.
Once in the ladies room in the privacy of a stall, I heard a woman offer assistance to another woman who apparently appeared to be searching for something. Next I heard, "No, I'm looking for another lady". About this time I was preparing to open the stall door and being the sometimes silly nut that I am, said, "Well, I know it's not me cause I'm alone!" Moments later, as I finished washing my hands a woman approached me and softly said that she had overheard me i, n the pharmacy and continued to ask just what it was that I needed or that I had. So I told her about my bronchitis and this being the "super pill" that i needed. She responded with, " I have had really severe bronchitis myself and know how you need that medication. Come on with me and we are going to get it for you."....... I immediately said "Praise The Lord! You know Jesus don't you and that's why you're here isn't it!" She gave me a big hug and said yes and named the church she attended. We proceeded to the pharmacy
where she did indeed purchase my $155.81 Avelox. then the 3 of us (her husband, she and I) went to the exit where she asked for the receipt.
What is so awesome about this is that I now see and know that my God has a plan for me. He obviously was directing my path this day or she and I would not have crossed paths as we did.
I do believe that I will be much calmer and assured that my needs will be met in His time.

I know this post is very long, but hopefully someone who reads it will be blessed.

Hugs all around,
Sheri

This message was edited Sep 25, 2010 12:34 PM

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sheri,
You do have a way with animals. Ever thought God may reward you for watching over his creations?
I wander over stores always(Which is why no one will go with me.)
Hope your hip is not arthritic. Am going thru that right now (knees too.) Can,t hardly walk.
When i see my Dr. I remind him that i'm on a fixed income and can't afford any pricey meds. Thats a crying shame when i know that all of Europe has gov drug plans that pays for their meds.
God always answers prayers...Sometimes its wait awhile and sometimes its no.
Hugs back atcha,
Vickie

(Debra) Garland, TX

Vickie, while this will probably be of little comfort, Europeans do have more comprehensive health care, but they also have extremely high income tax rates to pay for it. I AM sorry that you are in pain. :-(

Forced to have a molar extracted last Tuesday and dentist had to take some bone with it. I stay away from pain meds when possible because I like them too much LOL, but used a few of the Darvocets he gave me. Feeling sorry for myself more than anything else because that is the second bottom molar on that side to go. Without an implant or sumpin, I can only chew on the other side now and I don't have dental coverage. Dentist said the other side isn't in great shape, either...sigh...the MS effects are a heck of a lot cheaper than the diabetes effects...sigh again...time to go dig in the dirt for awhile so I'll feel better. :-)

Debra

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
mulege, Mexico

Surgery for Tony's father is Thursday in La Paz. Tony will be gone most of the week.

We are in good enough shape on the house that this will not be a big problem for me. I had him set my hammock up on my patio this morning. As long as the dogs are fed there's no urgent work to be done.

My neighbors' will be back in two or three weeks. I miss Dana but not the machinery noise that tends to accompany her husband who is a construction contractor.

Our weather is cooling slightly and I think the recovery of my ankle may coincide with weather that is more work-friendly, rather that survival-endangering. (Or so it feels.)

Puter still down so I'm only online when I'm in town, which is as infrequently as possible.

By the way, Cabo is crazy in both prices and atmosphere. A beautiful spot, I camped on the beach with friends about fifteen years ago and the town was already pretty bad. Much worse now I hear.

There are lots of beautiful spots that are not as well known, pleasanter and cheaper.

Sheri, loved hearing both about your squirrel and your helper at the pharmacy. My medical miracle last week was when I realized I had a kidney infection and there was no doctor to be found in town. We have a pharmacist who is very knowledgable about drugs so I sent Tony to town with some money and he returned with the proper medication and I'm almost all better.. Cost was less than $40.

Lots of medications are available here without prescriptions. I, too, am overly fond of opiates. Does anyone have alternatives to recommend?

It's so hard sometimes to distinguish between pain, depression and simple (?) tiredness. All three go so well together. Guess I just need simple feel good and energetic (and lose weight, while I'm wishing) pill. And clear headed.

I have the first four seasons of Quilting Arts TV on dvd's so I've been watching them and thinking about what I can do with my very large fabric stash.

Work on the kitchen continues to go well. Tony and I work well together and it is such a blessing - for both of us, I guess, as he thanks me as often as I thank him.

Glad you'e all here.

hugs all around, katie

Midland City, AL

WhoaCarrie, If we can’t find homes for our excess cannas they will just have to go into the compost. It is kind of sad to toss out a beautiful, healthy plant just because you don’t have a space for it. That is what I like about DG plant trades and giveaways. Friends and family gave the cannas to Amargia to begin with and, in this region, cannas are the gift that keeps on giving. lol. It seems every year someone gives Kay yet another variety of canna lily and the ones we already have keep multiplying.
BTW, the anti-depressant I’m on is Cymbalta. The doctor told me it would also help with the neuropathy and I’ve found that to be the case. I haven’t had any trouble with it. I have met others who’ve had experiences similar to Debra’s, however.. The doctor who recently prescribed anti-depressants to Nadine told her she would probably live to see a time when doctors prescribe anti-depressants based on genotype, but until then, the patient has to go thru a difficult, time-consuming, trial and error process to find what works. That is one aspect of the future I wish would hurry up and get here.
Katie, you have no idea (or maybe YOU do) how much I wish there was something that would numb the pain that wasn’t also mind numbing. I go off Tramadol from time to time just to reassure myself that I am suffering the effects of the drug and am not going the way of my mother who has Altzheimer’s.
Sheri, neither the oxalis nor the lilies are very particular. The oxalis is lower and has a more mounding shape in sun. The blooms sort of look like they’re floating atop the foliage mounds. It is more upright when grown in partial shade. The flowers are on stems that extend well above the foliage. Pink oxalis will grow in sun or part shade. Where you choose to put them depends mostly on the look you are going for.
People, like the lady you encountered who truly live Christ’s teachings, are a blessing to everyone.
Vickie, one of my SILs is a hospital administrator. She talks about the growing number of admissions her hospital gets in winter because someone had to choose between paying for meds or paying their heating bill. In VT you can imagine which they choose.
Rough week for all of us here, but we accomplished a lot of work we had been putting off. This is my favorite time of year. Spring is an abbreviated season in this region. It slips too quickly into summer for my taste. Autumns here are drawn out affairs. The temps are mild and there is plenty of color. Even if it isn’t the colors I associate with fall. lol. I’m working on that. There are trees and shrubs that give fall color in the south. They just aren’t common. At least I’m not as bad as one homesick, nesting snowbird I heard about. While walking in the woods, she saw a vine with brilliant crimson foliage to rival any maple. She collected some to trellis in her yard for fall color. A neighbor told her while she was planting it that the beautiful red-leaf vine was poison ivy. :-o (Jim)

(Debra) Garland, TX

The only canna blooms this summer at my house. Was just too hot and dry. But sure is pretty...

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.