What is your favorite beverage for this time of year?

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)
There are a total of 285 votes:

Iced tea. (how do you like it?)
(114 votes, 40%)
Red dot

Water.
(101 votes, 35%)
Red dot

Soda or colas. (which one do you prefer?)
(27 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Fruit juice. (what is your favorite?)
(14 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Coffee for me year round!
(29 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coffee all year, some soda but I love iced tea all year round too.
Either green tea w/honey or white tea with necterine!!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Not sure what rules you are talking about (I'm waay over 21), but I typically garden with a nice cold beer at my side (domestic). Also enjoy lots of iced water, so that was my vote, sometimes with a bit of added juice. As a child I was rarely allowed sodas and now cannot abide the sweetness (thanks Mom). Homemade lemonade is also yummy. Not such a fan of iced tea or coffee. Whatever your choice, good to keep hydrated.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Iced tea please . Straight up with a wedge of lemon.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Ice cold water when at work and Iced tea with just enough sugar to kill the acid the rest of the time. Lemonade occasionally and rarely a root beer. But if I don't get my tea I tend to get a little freaked. LOL. I'm addicted to the stuff and don't want water when I get home. LOL

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I always drink water, no tea or coffee for me. But yesterday I had a frozen strawberry lemonade at Panera's and it was awesome!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

ernbran, What flavor sherbert? Sounds good.

louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Your favorite sherbert will work. I usually like lime. Yesterday I used rainbow. Let me know if you like.

*reminder* ...............

Quoting:
oh okay. party poopers...............

Newbies and others seem to forget that this
IS and always has been a Christian based family site .

Peace ,
~s

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Excuse me, but does that mean not having any alcohol?

no drugs of ANY kind I would think ................... which would absolutely include alcohol.
You get a high from it just as other drugs only diff is .gov made it legal so they could get their cut.
So what else is new ?

shirley

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

have fun folks it does not seem to bother any one so go ahead post away the post did not bother me !

Sarge

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't recall signing on as either a Christian or a teetotaller - did I miss something?

Kansas City, MO

Please do not misrepresent all of Christianity, no matter how well meaning.

The Bible does not prohibit alcohol.
It refers to drunkenness as a problem. The first recorded miracle by Jesus was turning water into wine. Did He intend for them to dump it on the ground in disgust? Study it before coming to any conclusions. It is wonderful to search and learn the truth. Truly wonderful, it sets us free of all those things we have come to believe that are just not true.

K

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

;>)

This message was edited Jun 30, 2010 3:17 PM

Trenton(close to), TX(Zone 8a)

Hide thy axes!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I also enjoy iced tea (caffeine-free) with a twist of lemon and hint of honey.

From Dave's Garden Rules ( http://davesgarden.com/aboutus/rules/ )

"To maintain a positive environment for community members to take part in lively discussions and to learn, share and grow, we don't allow discussion and debate of a political nature, and debate of a religious nature on the site. This was a decision we made back in November 6, 2002 and is not in any way an attempt to disregard any member's personal beliefs, but instead a means for facilitating safety and support for all DG community members."

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I believe religious discussions are also verboten on DG!

Back to the topic....coffee every morning---BEFORE encountering other members of the human race.....and now and then in the late afternoon if I need a pick me up. Anything cold and wet will suffice on a hot day, but I lean towards diet coke/iced tea.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

We cross posted Nifty! ^_^ Well put! Now there is no doubt.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Where is other?

Anyway I like cold water and hot green and Darjeeling tea. Cold water...hold the ice.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

well I rarely will add input to such suggestions but Dave the creator was teaching wine making classes before he left. So each to his own beliefs. So let's rather abstain for remarks that cause controversy and enjoy what ever your tall cold one might be. Sorry to say I drink way to many cokes/diet cokes. Half and half. My Hubby finds sweet tea too sweet anymore so he orders his tea half sweet/ half unsweet. People must order both of these things often down here because we never have a checker/ waiter skip a beat.

Mid-Cape, MA(Zone 7a)

I drink all of the summer beverage choices, depending on which is on hand--but recently I've discovered O'Doul's Amber (non-alcoholic beer) which for me is a real thirst-quencher when I've been out weeding or composting in the hot weather. One ice-cold O'Doul's and I'm a new woman! I realize that real beer drinkers wouldn't consider this a beer at all--apologies to them--but perhaps there are some others who didn't know about how refreshing this non-alcoholic option can be.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Generally Coke but sometimes sweetened tea w/ lemon.

Troy, MO

Water is the only thing that will stop my thirst. Soft drinks and any sweet drinks only make it worse. I occasionally will drink iced decaf. green tea (brewed myself). That is good too for making a person feel refreshed. But water is my main drink.

Will have milk now and then for a treat with a desert or such, but has to have ice in it to make it super cold. Love that ice cold milk to wash away the lingering sweet of desert or such.

louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Franklin430 where do you get your blueberry leaf tea? Make it?

Seattle, WA

Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

I drink coffee year round for breakfast, water when working out in the yard and a good cold Bud when I am done for the day.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Water is my year-round beverage of choice, but I do enjoy a fresh glass of iced tea (UNsweet) now and then. And I drink coffee in the morning year-round. I gave up soft drinks about 20 years ago and don't miss them at all. I have a part of a coke or Dr. Pepper about 1-2 times a year.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Blueberry tea is supposed to be good for diabetics in lowering blood sugar.
I am a christian and drink an occasional glass of wine. It is neither political nor religious. It is a fact. I've never been drunk, nor high on drugs.
So please lets put this to rest and beleive in freedom of peaceful speech.
Vickie

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Pretty please, one more comment... isn't coffee (caffeine) a "drug"? I've certainly known my share of addicts!

Okay, now we can stop.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

LOL So is tea. Caffene ya know! Camomile tea makes one sleepy gotta be a drug. Hot chocolate makes me feel so good in winter. Must be drug related too. One must'nt forget cokes, again caffene and heaven knows what else.
Did you know if someone forces you to drink water constantly for a period of time it could kill you.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Everything in moderation...

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Even opinions....

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

A REALLY COLD Shiner Bock!!!!! My fellow Texans will know what Im talking about. ;)

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL... I think Emma75 & PuddlePirate both "have a little Captian in 'em"! Aaaargh!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Quote from FlipFlops :
Ice tea....sweet, sweet, sweet with a sprig of fresh mint. After all, it is the wine of the South!!!

Ha ha Flip Flops...to funny! I'll have to try the fresh mint... mmmmmm ^_^

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Brandon, you don't have to be from TX to appreciate Shiner Bock!! Great beer.

Doug

I can't decide which I like least Shiner or Lone Star. I can't enjoy either of those two Texas brews.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thats awesome! I didnt know that Shiner had extended out that far!

Wild you are one strange Cat! ;)

:)

This message was edited Jul 3, 2010 3:17 PM

This message was edited Jul 3, 2010 3:21 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.