What is your favorite beverage for this time of year?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 285 votes:

Iced tea. (how do you like it?)
(114 votes, 40%)
Red dot

Water.
(101 votes, 35%)
Red dot

Soda or colas. (which one do you prefer?)
(27 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Fruit juice. (what is your favorite?)
(14 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Coffee for me year round!
(29 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

West Plains, MO(Zone 6b)

Love the tea! I grew up in Mississippi and used to like it super-sweet, but I've lived in Missouri for several years now, so these days I just like it slightly sweetened.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Iced tea for me please :) I've been drinking Green Iced Tea ever since I heard Dr. Oz say that drinking (2) 8oz. servings of Green Tea per day reduces your chances of getting breast cancer by 50%.

ants

Irving, TX

I am a die hard Diet Coke fan.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I do drink coffee year round, but I voted iced tea, but that's not strictly accurate. Iced herbal tea for me!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Not really "fruit juice" per se, but I love me a large Diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic during the summer.

Trenton(close to), TX(Zone 8a)

Lemonade from Canton on First Monday weekend.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Ice tea....sweet, sweet, sweet with a sprig of fresh mint. After all, it is the wine of the South!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I only do decaf coffee in the AM, otherwise the only thing I drink is water

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Although I like me some coffee, sweet tea and Diet Coke, my main beverage is water. Especially in the Phoenix summers - gotta stay hydrated!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thai iced tea for me, please.

Rosseau, ON(Zone 5a)

Unsweetened tea with a splash of lemonade!

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Slightly sweetened ice tea with lemon, or a combo of ice tea and lemonade.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Iced tea lemon with a splash of sake, Hic!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I voted Iced Tea, which is brewed caffeine-free and with the smallest amount of Splenda to cut the acid. Since there was no "other" option, my vote would have been for G2 - Fruit Punch. Working outdoors in the heat depletes and dehydrates me, so this is the perfect beverage.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sweet and strong iced tea. All year round. I do drink coffee in the mornings, a shot of caffeine to get me moving.

Madison, AL

I voted for coffee as I am a dedicated coffee drinker year round - love that plain latte every morning at work! But I have to admit we are drinking a lot more iced tea this summer since I got a Keurig coffee/tea maker. It is so easy to pop in one of the iced tea cups and brew it over a glass of crushed ice - really is great in these temperatures (102 here today). We are drinking more since I don't have to make a big pitcher to have it available - just pop in the little Keurig cup and brew. My DH loves it as he used to be reluctant to ask me to stop working in the garden just to make some tea. He can pop his own now.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I love to drink herbal ice tea with a little sweetness. I still drink my Coke in the evenings with dinner. And I like some lemonage and fruit juice also.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Ummm, where's the "Other" vote - I'm a Cranberry with Captain Morgan girl in summer, with water to battle the dehydration from the FL heat!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

^^^ Good one, Emma! I also wanted 'other'.

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

Well I like iced tea too a little on the sweet side but I'm really in the minority group as I like cranberry and pomegranate or nearly any other fruit with it. Today I had to settle for cranberry and raspberry, when I went to the store for some. I like raspberry ice tea too. So I'm not really locked in to just one drink.

Portland, OR

It's Peet's Summer House Blend iced tea unsweetened for me. We drink a gallon a week when it's hot, and for us anything over 70 is hot!! We also drink this iced tea year round.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

A gallon a week? I drink a gallon a day on hot days. I also like to put bottles of it in the freezer and than it will slowly melt as I sip on it. I like to do this with lemonade and other fruit drinks. Hawaiian punch is really great frozen!

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Lemonade ^_^

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

We are tea nuts...................a dozen or more tea types are in our inventory. We sweeten with plant sweeteners as well as no sugar sweeteners. We grow and collect some of our herb teas.

South Hamilton, MA

I voted 'soda' as I drink tonic water (diet) with its quinnine on the advice of Dr.s to help with leg cramps. I also pre fer ice tea (not sweet) & water in between everything. Stay hydrated during the summer.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I drink a cup of coffee in the morning than anything wet and cold i can get my hands on the rest of the day. Everything mentioned above is available. I use splenda for sweetner also.
I love Sonics diet Cherry Limade too.
Vickie

Kalamazoo, MI

Diet Arizona Green Tea for me!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

coffee in the early morning hours and Iced tea in the afternoons, Sweetened with Lemon............. mmmmmmm nothing like iced tea on a hot day.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Kristi ... Diet Arizona Green Tea for me too ... with blueberries! Being a southern "sweet tea" gal from birth, you'd think I'd be a purist. But this stuff is really good. The perfect drink for a hot, midday garden break.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Peach iced tea! Mmmmm....

louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

All you lemonade lovers try this: A big scoop of sherbert in your lemonade. Great in the summer.

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010 11:37 AM

Fresno, CA(Zone 9a)

I voted water I drink ice cold water all the time. If I ever have somthing diffrent rarely a diet pepsi and I have a cup of coffee every morning.

Bridgetown, Barbados

Lipton Iced Tea Mix with Lemon flavour however I like to add a spoonful of sugar to give it a lil more sweetness.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Gin and tonic with a twist of lime

edit: or a great American lager

This message was edited Jun 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

First Mornin’s , don’t exist without coffee !

After that its Water and Plenty of it all day .

Once the Day is done I’ll Have a Whopper of a glass of Tea Sun Made Sweet touch of

Fresh lemon and iced down, with Supper .

That’s my day Sarge

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

Beer. Cold.

Thumbnail by PuddlePirate
Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

NO ALCOHOL

SARGE

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

oh but WHY Sarge?????? lol

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

ADMIN RULES not mine Cece folks Git mad and Offended

Post a Reply to this Thread