CLOSED: "The Adventures of Glenda Gardener" Official Game Thread

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glad you are ok (was worried when we didnt hear from you)) and glad Glenda got off on her trip ok. Thanks for letting us know :)

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for understanding, Cue. Did you know that we bought a nursery? ! Yes I am crazy but I'm loving every minute of it!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Seriously??? like... really really??? OMG, thats my dream!!! Congratulations! Im so jealous! Does your nursery have a website?

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

It's bolivarnursery.com but it's not live yet.
I won't be open until feb or mar. Just stocking the greenhouse and remodeling the store building. Can you believe it? I'm so excited!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

a nursery? I'm surprise Glenda was willing to leave at all!

I'm thinking she might be needing a sweater or something... it's been getting a little nippy around here lately!

Did anyone see a big huge box flying around here lately? Hmmmm, somthin weird going on.

Maybe that box I saw has a cape in it for Glenda.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I believe she is on Charley's magic wagon onto her next stop. ☺

Then it really WAS for Cue?!? I been hearing about a box and saw one last week at the PO and thought it had Cue's name on it. It must be in Maine about now.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glenda seems to be MIA again.

We need to get her moving a little more quickly as she still has 5 more people to visit.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

not any more sent her out and had faimly emergancy so didnt get to do pictures or anything but sent her on to next person and came back to me today. said street address not right.

so checked with the post office and they gave me the way to write it so it will get to the next person. lady at post office said they have another street with the same name there and it does get messed up. i know about this because we have 2 plantation roads and 3 foreman streets. why no clue why i have a po box.

so she will be back on the road today. will take a few pics today also as she is now back agian. but will be on road to location.

By way she told me she ready to go as it got cold here and dont like the cold too much as not dressed for it. 29 she says is too cold

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

should be at her new desination today or tommorow at the latest.

here glenda is with my decorated duck statues

Thumbnail by imzadi
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

here she is with my light house saying she wants warmer weather. hehe

Thumbnail by imzadi
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

and here she was helping me finish up the flag for the yard for turkey day

Thumbnail by imzadi
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Glenda looks like she had a great time!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

she came back on the day we decided to decorate the yard so she was a big help.

she should be at here new stop by today. delivery conf. says out for delivery

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Your item was delivered at 3:19 pm on November 12, 2010

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

well, whoever the lucky host is, hopefully they will post Glendas arrival soon :)

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

sent you name of who went too.

Saint Augustine, FL

Thanks Imzadi...Glenda arrived here in NE Florida still talking about her travels and all the great fun she's had... She must've caught 'SaltLife' fever--because she just wanted to hang out yesterday and take in the salt air... We're going downtown this afternoon, weather permitting...

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Go Glenda! Hope she has a ton of fun in FL!

she will probably enjoythe warmer temp,that's for sure.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i know i would if i was her. it was cold when she was here. wish i could of went with her as Love St Augustine.

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

Just wondering, did Glenda ever make it back home to cue_chick. I stopped following this thread for awhile since it was lasting so long. Im just curious??

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

No, sadly Glenda never made it back. The last person she was sent to confirmed that they had received her. I sent a dmail reminder to them to send her off, which they agreed, but have since dropped out of sight. I'm very disappointed. I put alot of effort into Glenda, and a little $$$ too. I will not attempt this again, it took to long for some people to send her off... and, well... as you can see, others just dropped the ball altogeher. :( it was a nice idea in theory, but just didnt work out as I had planned

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i too was hoping she would make it home. sorry she didnt

But the ones who had her to visit (Me included) sure have enjoyed having Glenda as our houseguest. Couldn't ask for a better one either. She enjoyed everything we had her to do and Hopefully someones dog didn't eat her. It would be nice to find out what happened to our Glenda. sorry, It didn't work out Girl. But Charley and My critters enjoyed her company. Thank you for letting her visit...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I second that! My whole family had a wonderful time with Glenda! Even some total strangers, as when we were out wandering with her, she met some other tourists that absolutely loved her as well! My DM even had fun out being a tourist with her and showing her off! Our critters and DH and DM and I would like to thank you as well for the fun we had with her and letting her visit!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I am glad you all (who had the chance to host Glenda) enjoyed her company! I may very well try again come Spring, with only a handful of players. I'm still thinking it would work with the right people. I 'll shoot you all a dmail if I decide to!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I think that those of us who did have the honor of Glenda visiting really enjoyed it. And I still think that it was a great idea. Do keep us posted!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I will :) but for now, Im going to officially close this thread, Glenda is now MIA

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you for updating us on Glenda. It is sad to think that she is still MIA, maybe someday she will show up and arrive on your doorstep. Keep me informed. I would love to do it again in the Summer. (Gotta let some more plants go to seed!!) Thanks also for hosting Glendas travels, It was alot of fun!!
Donna

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Glenda is lost? Wow ,Glenda come back....we will tell no one where you have been...just come back!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.