CLOSED: "The Adventures of Glenda Gardener" Official Game Thread

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

Next we visited Cabelas in Dundee. Dundee recently made national news because of the tornados that hit here. Glenda is shown here posing in front of the bear statues that are out front of Cabelas. They are very large!

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

Next we went out to do chores at the farm, My animals are not nearly as cute as the newborn Nigerian goat that was at a friend's farm. It was just about Glenda's size!

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

and another

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

The baby's mom looking on to make sure Gleda didn't hurt the kid!

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

Visited my sad garden and this was all we could find that didn't look wilty.... but Glenda was informed that I was away for vacation and DH.......... "doesn't water plants!" or collect the eggs either, but that's another matter.....

This message was edited Aug 16, 2010 2:03 PM

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

And last but not least she was able to tour Ann Arbor and attend puppy class with me. I teach a socialization (play time) for puppies at a veterinary hospital. Her flight will leave just as soon at my 5 month old wakes up from his nap, she is packed and ready to see her next host!

Thumbnail by rustyacres
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Great pics Rusty, looks like ya'll had a great time!!!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Oooohhh! Awesome pictures Rusty. I especially like the last one! It looks like the little Golden in talking to her, lol!!

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

That is actually my puppy, Marti. Haven't had a puppy in years, but have taught the class for 4+. It's amazing that even came out, they were moving so fast!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

How cute, and so glad that Glenda likes puppies too, lol!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Guess who didnt read the directions????? She is here off to a birthday party today!! She promises to be back on the road on Monday!!

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning.... Well Maine is getting chilly so I am going to hope for someplace warm next with these shorts. The birthday party was lots of fun, I got a blue hat.

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Im going to plant a few Irises this morning.

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Then tomorrow I have to decide!! The car or the train ....It looks warmer in this direction. I am headed out Monday!!

Thumbnail by arejay59
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Sorry I'm a bit late with the pictures. Computer problems as usual :)

Glenda said she couldn't possibly visit so close to Tupelo & not visit Elvis... So she dragged us to Elvis's birth place.

Glenda hopes you'll be able to read the sign :)

ants

Thumbnail by antsinmypants
Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Here she is standing in front of the church that Elvis used to attend as a child.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda was thrilled to get her picture taken with Elvis.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda insisted on a side view pic so you could see his guitar! :)

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda thought it was beautiful there & you can see the circle of Elvis's life that is not yet finished.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda took this picture of Elvis's house.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda wanted her picture taken with the sign :)

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda's helper (my DH) helping Glenda onto the porch swing.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda thought the house was pretty big :)

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda thought it was pretty hot outside & wanted to sit for a while.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda wanted my DH to join her on the porch swing :)

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glenda could not resist having her picture taken with this beautiful Japanese maple & Purple heart plants.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

A closer view of Glenda with the Japanese maple.

We were tempted to get a cutting of it, but knew that I would just end up killing it & Glenda couldn't take it with her.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

There was a sign on this car that said 'on loan from auto museum' or something like that but don't know what significance this car has in relation to Elvis. They are still working on this place, so some things are not finished yet.

Anyways, Glenda thought it was cool :)

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Another of Glenda with the car.

ants

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Ha! I guess this should have been the first picture I put up :) Glenda in a sea of sweet potato vines & begonias.

ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Those are great pics!!! and your DH was such a trooper for helping Glenda out!!!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I have a few more, but my mouse quit working :)

ants

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I do de-clear, I think I'm gettin a tour today. Been here, this is my second day. Had Black-eyed peas and Cornbread and a tall glass of Sweet Tea, then I was ready to go visit Ms. Charleen's little farmette. Lord-eeee, What are those Long eared things??? They got the longest softest ears and so noisey, makes a terrible racket when they are hungry.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2010 5:24 PM

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Then here comes this most beautiful creature with long ears and Gentle eyes and beautiful red fur. He let me pet his head. He knew I was a little afraid so he was so good.

Then we went to the flower gardens. Sunch an interesting garden. full of colors and flowers, Vines, Brugs,Here I am with houseplants. that thing there on my left s a Gout Plant. Look at those leaves, have a voodoo behind me.

Brugmansia Dreamsycle (Angel Trumpet) Look at the length of the bloom.

i know you must be getting tired but just a coupl more and we are finished.
did you all know there is a Unicorn in Ga.?? Looked real to me.

Painted Lady and tomarrow me and my baggage will be on it's way. Been interesting, to say the less.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Look at all those flowers and plants! And so glad that Glenda loves Charley as much as we do!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.