ORVG Coffee House #178 After the RU!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Mojito is cool. I have a few in my greenhouse. :) Come to think of it, I have a few Diamond Heads too and then some. :P

Hey, it's pretty cheap to ship plant from Oh to Ky. But I guess that would foil the plan...

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Give me back my flowers!!!
Just kidding...
I didn't know I left them, Did you give them to me?

They will look pretty in your garden.

Pauletta

Missed you chele at the RU

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Agristarts may be on to something w/ those two!
Chele I may be able to move some for you.
Wait till the neighbors see them......

Hope this new storm weakens before it gets to you Bonnie.
It doesn't look pretty.
It's just brushing us.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pauletta!

I've not even listed them for sale yet. I was trying to decide whether to do a specials page or offer them to some of my daylily friends that I'll be seeing soon at the Northern Mecca. July 4th weekend is coming up quickly! I have several ears and bananas out there.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I wish I could make glass like Rebecca! Thanks for the goodies and good company, everybody. I was in such a bad mood because of the DELUGE (it really felt like more than rain), but it was wonderful to see everybody & I felt better as soon as I got there. Thanks, Ric, for the help in "dividing" the bleeding hearts-- which then caused the rain to stop, once we needed it to wash our hands!

I just wish it had been drier so people could see what a nice spot Armco Park is-- and go paddle-boating on the lake. Maybe next time.

I goofed off today & went to see Iron Man with my sister. Surprisingly funny. I hear that Robin Hood is funny, too, but mostly because it was meant to be serious. Think I'll go see Karate Kid next.
Thanks again y'all!
Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We watched 'UP' Friday night and rolled laughing.
After you see it the word Squirrel will get you howling!

Ric

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

OMGoodness,Rick and I went to Annie's today,we had the nicest visit I can't wait to do that again.........and I got so many healthy beautiful plants you all are so generous !!!!! I can't thank you all enough ! And the glass flower,if only I was so talented,beautiful,beautiful,beautiful !!!!!! I swear next year I WILL BE THERE,one way or another.Anyone that is not on DG is so cheat in their life,I have come across so many of you wonderful people,you guys make this hard stressful world a much nicer place to be.

Thumbnail by synda

Ric is that just not the best movie !!!! we love that movie. ED Asner as the grumpy guy is the greatest voice for it.
" Im Doug. will you be my master "........"squirrel" , we love Doug too.
i m driving kids to school today. we needed to sleep in.
I was up late watching My Life on the D list and Kathy Griffin comedy LOL she cracks me up !!!
well looks like more rain is on the way
exciting day today
paying bills
getting carpets cleaned
potting and fertilizing plants
oh and planting in my garden .
bbl

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

My feelings exactly.

Pauletta..I just assumed they were yours. They were sitting on the butt rock. Since the JPFerns were from R&R, I thought they must surely be yours. Little D and of course his Mama and Big twin Big D are adorable and so friendly and nice. I could just squeeze em all!

Chele, I missed you, too. I had a petesites for you, but since I said I wasn't hauling ANYTHING I brought back home, I made Sue take it. Way to big to try to mail. :o(

I missed the rest of our gang, too. Jules, surely didn't seem right without you and Josie there. I'm not going to try to name everyone, cause surely I would hurt someone's feelings, but I wish all of ORVG could have been there.

Want to throw out an invitation. My sisters of DG who are all over the place are coming to my house for a reunion the weekend of June 26/27. On Saturday the 26th, we are going to tour a fabulous garden and get a talk from Joan Day, in Hamilton. The more the merrier, so if you would like to join us that day, I will be glad to give you directions. We will be going to her house at 10:00.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wish I could be there to help, Sue.

I have to run Jordyn to the orthodontist. She's getting her bottom braces off. The tops have been off for a while so she's really excited. Her mama and daddy are in Hawaii....poor kids.....

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Take carmels Joyce!
And sticky Gum!

BTW The 'Mojito' is a partial shade EE to get the best color.

Columbus, OH

I scored a Mojito EE at Timbuk Farms in Newark. Also a tricolor variegated Clerodendrum, they had them for $6 early in the season.

What's a butt rock?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Quote from Celene :
What's a butt rock?

Do you REALLY want to know.......

Ric

Columbus, OH

I am brave. I really want to know. LOL

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Butt rock...

Just right for your butt.

Thumbnail by joycet
Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

That rock was even big enough for my butt..lol
Pauletta

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

We had a wonderful time even though it rained buckets and our GPS led us astray twice. Luckily we met a local who knew where the park is, then I realized I never made a note of the shelter number either. Lessons learned for the next time! And remember to bring the camera....

Meeting old and new friends was great; so was the food, the plants, the glass, the candles, soaps and lotions. So much talent!

We should have gone to see Joyce's garden this time also - as she said it looks different this time of the year.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

86° (Heat Index 95°) at 9PM.

I felt bad not bringing my camera up to Joyce's place yesterday.
Oh well we have more plants to bring her.....

Marcy looks to be getting POUNDED by a T-Storm currently.
Sue not far behind.
Looks like we may have an hour or so to go before it hits here.

Here's the new 'Mojito' Joyce and I scored.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, I guess I had RU hangover, and have been so tired yesterday and then had a bad night last night. We had torrential rain here atbout 12:00 for about 45 minutes, but the worst of the storm was the lightening. It was coming so fast that at times, it was like a moon lit night, could see everything outside.

DH and I went to Lowes today to pick out light fixtures for the outside of our church, and bought a cute little lamp table that was on clearance for 19.99. Then stopped by Kohl's, as they were having a big sale. DH bought 3 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts and (2 winter sweaters that were on a clearance rack) for less than $100. $99, something. I of course didn't find a thing. I was looking for some shorts for vacation, but nada.

Came home about 1:30, and we put that table together, and it is just adorable. DH was without a reading light, so this will go by his recliner. Then I did 5 loads of laundry. It was mainly towels. In summer, instead of people using the same towel, and letting it dry on the deck railing, they get another one. I put up a sign today 1 towel per swimming pool session. Not gonna get in the habit of doing towels every day.

Well, I am tired from the restless night, so heading to bed shortly.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Robyn went to get shorts for the RU.
They were 15 dollars and up.
She bought a pair of men's pants from the clearance rack for 7.
15 minutes after we got home they were shorts.... and rags! lol!

I just rotate jeans.
It goes Dress/Good to Everyday to Work to Shorts to Rags
Usually takes a pair 3 years from Dress to Rags.
Though the black jeans usually last far longer in the Dress Jean range.

Well, Ric, tell Robyn that she has given me a good idea. I despair everytime I need something, and I know that it requires shopping. I despise it. Around here I wear cut off jeans, and tank tops, but have to sometimes act civilized and put on some good clothes.

I got rid of all my work clothes, shortly after I retired. I have 2 dresses in my closet, and they do for church and for weddings and funerals. When I worked it was suits and heels everyday. Glad that I don't have to dress up now.

They just didn't have anything that appealed to me today.That is another thing, I have to be in the "right mood" to shop for clothes.

Well, really I am off to bed shortly.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Don't you think it's funny that sometimes you can shop all day and find absolutely nothing that suits you...either doesn't fit, or is too expensive, then on another day, you might find a ton of stuff. That's the day I like the best! :O)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We got POUNDED here w/ lightning.
One hit, the cats jumped 3' straight up!
Unconfirmed funnels near downtown.
Just rain now.

Ric

This message was edited Jun 14, 2010 11:43 PM

Ric, had to read that twice to see if lightening had hit one of the cats!!

Sure hope that weather is not heading south. We had enough last night.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
I edited....

Columbus, OH

It's stormy here, too. The dog woke me up, a storm scared her. Thank goodness for Xanax.

I love the Butt Rock! Your garden is so gorgeous, someday mine will end up there, I'm workin' on it.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I was up all night last night with a pulled chest muscle or broken rib-- can't decide which. So I slept all day & now I'm awake all night again.

My DS just informed me that the big "touchdown" Jesus at the Solid Rock Church off I-75 was struck by lightning and destroyed by fire abt 10pm. I don't quite know what to say...

Pat

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We just came back from no electricity for three hours. That was really nice since we just sat outside at a softball game for 3 hours, roasting and dripping wet, came home and had sandwiches and chips and couldn't swim because of lightning!

I just heard that "big butter Jesus"/"touchdown Jesus", actually called King of Kings at the Solid Rock Church has burned down.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

It's big news, Chele, we both posted about it in the space of 2 minutes!
Pat

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Big Butter Jesus is indeed gone.
Struck down by lightning.

Larry Flynt's Hustler Store remains.....hmmmmm......

yikes that could be considered an omen of sorts ? poor TDJ (touch down jesus. ) i really need a post card ! of him.
got kids some art and craft junk for summer. still need more.
well i m off to repot and fertilize some hosta and other stuff
bbl

I would say the omen is that it was not a main line religion, and God is striking down some of their idols.

DGD and I are moving furniture and cleaning today. Will hit the pool soon as the house is clean.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Or a warning
not to put a 62' tall lightning rod in the middle of an open area.... lol!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Craig was listening to the radio when he took Morganne to volleyball this morning. The guy on there said it was such a shame that all that shrimp and crab is going to waste in the gulf and we're sitting up here with a huge puddle of butter...

It's going to be another muggy one today! I've been busily taking pics of everything and getting it all labeled and cataloged in my files. Then I weed and weed and weed. I wish weeds didn't grow faster than plants. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

ROTFL!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You know you are heading for a bad day when you log in and find you have $25 in the bank and no deposits....According to the unemployment website, Craig has four more payments. According the voice on the phone, the time to collect them ran out and the only way to get anything else is if Congress passes a new extension. Thanks for the warning...

I'm going to go obliterate some more weeds while I'm in a murdering kind of mood. LOL

ROFLMAO on the butter .

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Dave and I remarked about how big it was Saturday when we passd it. I , of course, with no imagination, thought it was marble. I was in awe of a church being able to afford such a statue. Why was it call "butter" ? Wasn't it styrofoam? I'm confused as always. Lou

i think it has to do with the it being the same color as butter ?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think it's a big local joke Lou. He's referred to as big butter Jesus or touchdown Jesus. This video might help explain a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OxLXe5YnQ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.