June Weather - Growing and Glowing

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I call this the pond primrose. I don't know the correct name, but it is a primrose and it's in the pond.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

72° F and Dyson Dark here now.

Kelli.........Loving the Rocket City. Maybe we'll have to work out a trade.

I'm miles behind on this thread.

ric...........the photo of the butterfly you posted a while back is outstanding!
My wife and I are meeting friends to do the Tour de Donut bike ride in mid-Sept.. It's in Greenville not too far north of you. Maybe I'll be able to stop by your place and get a tour.

http://www.tourdedonutohio.com/

early_bloomer

This message was edited Jun 11, 2010 8:36 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot and humid here. Waaay too hot for this time of year. I think we reached low 90s with humidity waaaay up there.

First daylily of the season.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Sure thing, E_B. I have two of them and would be happy to take out one and replace it with something different.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks E_B.
Of course you are welcome here any time!
BTW I got my check today for that photo I asked you about.
Greenville is about 2 hours north.
Our back fence neighbor grew up there.
If you know Marcy_1 from here at DG she's minutes from Greenville.
Her Garden is spectacular!
Love the tweaked stained glass photo!

Kelli around here we call that Ludwigia peploides a Primrose Creeper.
That's one we need to add to our pond! Lovely!
Talked to Joyce today she found 3 new baby Koi in her pond this morning.
I told her there'd be 300 by September...LOL!

Car is packed and ready to go.
We we need to add the food but......

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

74* and pretty humid across the field.

I woke about 4:00 am and kept hearing a dog bark. I got up to see who might be wandering around that early and realized it was too perfectly spaced, and was just a single bark. I went to the sideporch and looked up at the pole in the alley. A minute later, a large owl flew off. We also had lightning all around us. Just flashes, but it is now actually thundering. Nichols is having a town wide garage sale, so I hope it's over quickly for their sake. I give my things to Good Will and the Salvation Army, and don't bring new things home :o)

Kelli, LOL! (I've been correcting myself since day one, on using the right term!) I like Rocket City. I can imagine a blast off! Primrose a pretty yellow. Don't you love it when you've caught an insect in the pivture too?

Hi Early, it's hard to find time to do everything. I guess winter is for catching up :o) I love the idea of riding and eating donuts! I'm not sure I could ride that far, but it would be fun! Love the way you turn your photographs into paintings!

Pepper, love that daylily!

Half of the garden. The other side is the spinach patch with a few other things.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We had some rain overnight and more due in in a few minutes.
Our 'low' last night was 73°. Humidity is 89% Yuck!

Good news is the high today is only supposed to be 82°.
Doesn't look like this rain will last long.
Hopefully it will be over before the RU starts.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday. Here's a picture of the rose I was given last night at the Relay for Life. Their theme was "More Birthdays" so it was appropriate for me to be there on mine.
I have [electronically] passed the rose along on the prayer thread.
Showers here today and for the next few days.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
(Zone 7a)

Rainy, cold and depressing. We've had so much water, there are mushrooms growing in the lawn! LOL We may reach 64º today but I doubt it.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

BP: little boys and water--always a fun combination!
Kelli: love the pond primrose and Rocket City!
EB: loved the stained glass watercolor look to that photo. You should have seen my hollyhocks this season--one of them was close to 7 feet tall. I have harvested seeds and will be sending some to Ric and anyone else that wants them. See what you started? LOL Thanks!
Pepper: nice photo of your first daylily.
BP: nice veggie garden! Love the "ornament"(can't think what it's called)--been wanting one of those, myself.
Ric: your humidity sounds like ours! Have a good RU! Great photo of the dragonfly--he looks like he is smiling!
Sunfarm: lovely rose!
Great shot, Celia! That camera of yours is amazing! (of course, it doesn't take the pictures by itself-LOL)

It is going to be dangerously hot today with heat index between 100 and 105. I was outside for a few minutes about 7 a.m. and it was already hot and humid. I won't be doing anything outside today unless I decide to mow the lawn this evening (using the riding mower, not the push mower).

This is for EB--I don't think he has had a chance to see this one.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Mau. I just wish it would remember to follow me to the car when I go somewhere. LOL

Boardwalk along Steineker Lake, UT.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Yeah, Celia--especially when you go to see Aurora!

I found a couple of garden art items at Hobby Lobby this week. Picked them up for half price.

Here is one of them:

Thumbnail by marsue
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Ric, I hope RU is a success for you! Fabulous!! Dragonfly!!

Sunfarm, such a pretty rose, and what better way to finish off your birthday?

Celia, now this is a different photo. I love how it all came together!

Marsue, when you figure out what it's called, let me know! I don't have the slightest idea. It's hollow with air vent and it's pretty. The top curves, so it's not a table. It's ceramic, so it's very breakable. Mom liked it too and I got it for her birthday many years ago. So white, so pretty!

Celia, I love anything resembling a bridge! Neat boardwalk!

Marsue, she is so cute! Everytime I go to our Hobby Lobby, they just have brown or dark objects. I barely found one thing to buy at Christmas last year. I was so disgusted. They used to have really neat things and always half off.

70* and it's been raining off and on all day. We already had an inch from early morning. There was so much lightning the air should really smell like ozone. Of course, the boys want to play outside.

We had a dragonfly too. He sat there long enough for both boys to get a good look. We saw his mouth and his eyes move. Pretty cool!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the RU was a great success.
AFTER the 2.5" of rain we had.
It rained till about noon. Then we got Hot and Humid. HI was 97°.
But hey RU's are always a blast.
Afterwords we went over to Joycet's to unwind.
Marcy says HI!

Winds are WHIPPING thru here as of about 15 minutes ago.
Gusts to 50 MPH!
Temp dropped 15° in 15 minutes.

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

74* and cloudy. We have another chance at rain today. Twice the weather radio went off early this morn for flash flood warnings. Yesterday we took the boys to my brother's for a small graduation party, but that's about all we did outside all day. Needless to say they were a bit owley at being told ''no'' for every outdoor thing they remembered they wanted to do :o) Good thing we have Pla-doh.

Ric, I haven't even had time to check our gauge, LOL! That's some wind!

These flew overhead the other day. Can you hear the silence?

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone! Thanks all for the nice words about baby Nicholas!
Mau, my DD appreciated so much what you said about him having a Romanian face! She is a bit pissed off about the resemblance of the baby with his dad!LOL
I'm cooking and have a few minutes...as you may have figured out, it's busy here for me, but I love every minute! Now only if I can get use to these roads!LOL Yesterday we went to buy more groceries from Italy and Andreea didn't come with us. Ionut was my copilot and , though he told me where I should get out of the highway, I missed it!LOL Then we had to turn back and get on that road again...ugh! We got back home OK, without any more incidents! Lucky we got more food , so we don't have to go there so soon!LOL
The baby grows very well and he started to turn when he lays on his belly. He loves when I talk to him and dance with him around the room...he just keeps his head up and watches everything!LOL
This is him with grandma dancing!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

One more.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Mommy and baby.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looks like you are being a Great Grandma!

More rain yesterday morning. It slowed up the market, but still did fairly good.

Dug some new potatoes & shelled out garden peas, so a great lunch coming up. First time this year for this meal!

Things are growing like gangbusters. Rain & warm weather make a good combination. Weeds, too!

Glad to hear the RU was a big success. Wisconsin held there's yesterday as well. Also a good turnout & lots of plants & food. I wanted to go there, but it didn't work out for me.

Bernie

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Adina, He is so precious. Isn't being a grandmother wonderful!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: such wonderful photos of you and Nicholas and also of Andreea and Nicholas. Aren't grandbabies grand? :o))
Bernie: yum! fresh veggies!

Hot and humid down here. Low-to-mid nineties expected every day this coming week! :o((

Thumbnail by marsue
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Storms this morning, cleared off for several hours, humidity shot thru the roof, sun came out, skies got dark out west again, storms came again late afternoon, then cleared and the humidity shot up for a bit before cooling winds came. LOL

We had a family reuion at my grandma's and it was pretty wet. This afternoon it was so wet we had a small creek running thru the backyard. We then started jumping and sliding in it.

A cousin sliding thru the mini creek. lol. We had a BLAST!! And by the time I got home I could smell myself. It wasn't a plesant smell. LOL!!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
Well no rain today until about 5 minutes ago.
A squall line came thru.
The lead of a huge storm that looks to be pounding Louisville currently.

Spent the day running around w/ Joycet.
Robyn had a Baby Shower to attend that was minutes from yesterday's RU.
So Joyce and I went plant and fish shopping.

Unfortunately our weather will be a cross between Mau's and Peppers.
We will see mid 90's too.... YIKES!

Adina what a great bunch of shots!!!!!

Ric

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

For last 3 days no raining what's wrong with weird weather as the weather news said before only I get circle of sun and in Springfield got good raining there! Gee! :(

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=sgf&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Look like going be raining sooner!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2010 1:38 AM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

70° and a bit of rain. We have had 1- 7/10'' over the last couple of days. Mosquitos are re-hatching and I really really really need to mow! It looks like we have a 90% chance of rain off and on all day with a high of 75°. It says just 85° by Friday with a chance of rain all week except Wednesday. The Mississippi River is at 70°.

Oh Adina, those pictures are just adorable! We are so lucky to have two beautiful new babies to enjoy! By the time you learn to get to town, you will be able to drive anywhere, LOL!

Bernie, I got a potato growing in the compost pile. It blossomed! I can't wait to see what it does. We picked peas too!

Marsue, love the boot planter! What a great color to show off the plants!

Pepper, I'll bet it felt great, sliding in the water! Did they make you ride home in the back of the truck? LOL!

Rusty, you might be in "The Ring Of Fire." We get that and see no rain. I think I'd rather have too much, than too little.

We took the Grandkids home yesterday afternoon in between the rains. I have the house picked up, dishes and laundry caught up and even dusted a little. It's good to have a quiet house again, LOL!

One of the larkspur seedlings.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

"The Ring Of Fire." ~~ It remind me that I was living in Southern California as same thing!
No rain at all very dry area like desert!...

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

73°, Sunny, Clear - Nice

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dyson, I'll trade you. It's still raining here.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

If you send me a small shower this afternoon I will not have to water.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain here, too. Again! Everyday for a week! Enough already.
Supposed to pick peas today. Might have to do it in the rain.
DS is heading out to work on the house. Putting in doors & window trim.

Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Lets push the rain down and over Bernie! There are those who need it more!!

Any garden pictures Dyson?

(Zone 7a)

I am now caught up in both places! Ha! I remember baby pics, flowers and a comment on the Ring of Fire. Love them all!!!

54.1 °F with 74º for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 2.20 out of 12
Pollen Forecast new!
Clouds: Few 7000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4269 ft

Isis decided the table was the place to sleep as we had no cushions on the furniture.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper: looks like the slipping and sliding was a lot of fun! I'm assuming you are smelling better today! LOL
BP; you can definitely send some of your rain to me! ---and I will trade you my 95F for your 75F! LOL We grandparents are glad twice when the gk's come to visit---once when they arrive and again when they go home! ROFLOL Pretty larkspur!
Ric: you went plant shopping after the RU?---spoken like a true gardener! LOL
Rusty: I hope you got some of that rain you wanted. and you, too, Dyson.
Celia: I don't mean to be rude and don't tell Isis that I said so, but it looks like she could stand to lose a little weight? :o~

I went out early (6:15 a.m.) and got some weeding done as well as planted some more of the RU plants. At 8:30 a.m. I had to call it a day as far as that outside work was concerned--it was starting to get too hot. I still have a few plants to get into the ground but they can wait until tomorrow morning. Late this evening I will have to get back outside on the riding mower. The neighbors will be reporting me to the city fathers for "neglect of lawn" if I don't get the mowing done. LOL

Currently sunny and 90F on my back porch and it is 11:10 a.m.

The coneflowers and daylilies don't seem to mind the heat.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Darrell and I have already had "the talk" with Isis about her...uhmmmm...girth? She's on a better diet now and IS loosing! LOL We have had to isolate Cleo while she eats because Isis will gobble everything she leaves behind. So, when the poor little one comes back for more, there isn't any.

I watched Isis one day while they were eating canned food...Isis waited for Monty to walk away and went to his bowl and starting finishing his for him. Cleo walked away from hers and Isis made a beeline for that one! Sheesh! There was still food left in her own bowl! While she was finshing Cleo's food, Monty came back and ate ISis's! LOL Silly kitties.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ah, yes, kitties and dogs are very possessive about their food! LOL

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!!

Great pics Adina, he is so sweet!!

I hear ya about the rain, have you all seen the news about Albert Pike Camp here in AR? OKC is flooded now too, they got 10" of rain this morning, downtown is really bad.

LOL Isis, what a big fat rotten cat!

Love the boots Mau! Those are way cute! The coneflowers and daylilies look good!

Pretty Larkspur, BP, I love purples and blues.

Well I didn't get to completely opt out of the event. Dave went by himself Friday evening, but I somehow got conned into going on Saturday evening. We mainly sat under the cover over the concession building, but we did a lot of walking around too. It was way humid and I was ready to go at 10pm, but since Dave was working the thing we didn't leave until 12:30am and I had to practically drag him away then, and he was just as miserable as I was just walking around and talking to whoever for 6 1/2 hours. I guess on Friday they had 20 vendors and not very many patrons. Saturday there were 3 vendors, 2 different bands, and about 23 paying patrons. The people putting the event on was charging $10.00pp and that's way way too much for a rinky dink outdoor shindig.

Look at what I got yesterday!

Thumbnail by crissyr
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's the rest of the pics from yesterday:

http://picasaweb.google.com/christinepix/2010061302#

(Zone 7a)

That's a Daylily. I think it's called 'Kwanso'. Could that possibly be one you sent my niece?

Adina, sweet pictures

Pepper, that looks like fun. I can't imagine my dad letting us do that, though. We might rough up the grass. He wasn't totally obsessed with the lawn and regular play was all right, but he didn't want it to get any unnecessary abuse.

Crissy, that's a really neat daylily.

No rain here, of course

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on June 14, 2010
89 °F
Clear
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: 7 mph from the SSE

These are pictures from Saturday from Devils Punchbowl. It is on the back side of the San Gabriel Mountains, where the desert and forest meet. It is an almost entirely different flora than we have down here.

Fremontia is a small tree

Thumbnail by Kelli

some scenery

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.