Becky's swap - aftermath, pictures and whatever else!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

So I decided to go outside and at least water the plants I was so generously gifted with - thanks again y'all - I decided "it wasn't THAT hot" - and grabbed my little digger (nope, not Greg, he's the "big digger") - and a digging I went - voila, I was in 'the zone" - as most of you know I have no rhyme or reason in my plantings so I looked for places to plant and where there was a tiny space, I dug holes! :) I planted most of the perennials, trimmed back some spent Baptisia and Irises, brought the annuals, maters and herbs to the deck (already have pots and planters for them, ready to go) - and all I have left now is 3-4 perennials to bring to the back (and plant), I watered everywhere and I'm freaking soaked....and of course bushed yet again! Everything closely supervised by Samson & Bandit! My beautiful begonia found it's place in the window, my beautiful "table rose" found...the table, and I refuse to do anything else! Oh wait, I also finished cleaning up the kitchen, dishes are 'dishing', Sammie is chewing his bone & Bandit is doing what he does best - snore!

Now I can sit back, chill for a little bit - I have a job waiting for me that needs to be delivered tomorrow morning (Gita, you'll appreciate this - the agency is in Latvia ^_^)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hey, Becky--
Froggy and I got back all right, and I had some very thirsty plants to get into pots or the ground when I got home or bust, so that's what I did the minute we unloaded Froggy's truck. Critter handed me some cut mints that didn't like being out of the ground. They looked like they had been run over by a truck by the time I got home, so they got emergency treatment. This morning, they were robust and srpingy like new!! :-) Thanks, Critter!! Now I have a half dozen or so mints!!

I enjoyed the swap--I was amazed at the number of plants folks brought. They set up stands like a barter flea market!! This was the first type of live plant swap I've been to, so it was a bit of a surprise.

It was good to see familiar faces and meet some new folks, too. I especially enjoyed Joyanna's company for a bit. She was really lively and responsive, and I loved the way she stuck her tongue up to her lip, like one does when they got something cool going on for them. Hugs and kisses to her!!

Becky and DH, you did a fine job of hosting the swap and the set up was really nice. The weather turned out really good, too. All in favor of being outside. It was swimming pool/beach weather!!

I only got one picture, and my camera would not take any more. I don't know what happened, but I think the battery was weak. I'm trying to load it but the program is not cooperating at the moment. It's a pic of Becky and Hart.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yeah, those mints were looking sad by mid-afternoon... I plastic wrapped their little root ends but hadn't taken time to do wet paper towel as well. But I knew they'd be fine after a good drink. Mint is tough like that. :-)

I know I all but ignored Joyanna during the afternoon, but every time I turned around she was busy making another friend. Thanks to all of you who helped cuddle and entertain her!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will post the pictures i took.
Jill--I await your response from the other Post re "photo Files" and how you want me to send them to you.

Meanwhile--I have removed my "copyright" imprint. Will post all of them here--and then send you, Jill, any you like as an attachment through regular e-mail. I need to adjust the lighting in a couple of the ones with Jim and Joyanna on his shoulders, but Adobe is saying they don't have my proper information.

I will work on the too-exposed (the flash went off-bummer!) and see if I can edit that....

SO! Without more ado--here is picture #1----
Coleup and Robin at our meeting place at Sally's. We were all loading our cars....
Cpleup could not make it--but drove to Sally's to deliver her promised plants to me and Sally and pick up the ones we had promised her....She is such a sweet lady! Honestly! A Coleus addict and expert!

This message was edited May 30, 2010 7:56 PM

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ruby, Steve and Toni "Tailgating".....with others, like Becky and Ruby's John, looking on.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Joyanna enjoying her barefoot walk at the Swap.....

She was not 100% awake after her long nap in the car on the way over--like---"WHERE am I?????" "WHAT is this place????"

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holding on to Becky--Joyanna meets Bandit (hiding) for the first time....Such joy!!!!!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

edited to delete double Post....

This message was edited May 30, 2010 7:35 PM

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The other not so great one--I usually disable the flash all together, but must not have done it.

Looks like Bandit is more interested in the food on John's plate!
Besides--Bandit is, by now, sitting on Joyanna's foot! The SOFT touch........all furry!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Greg and "puppy" (???) Samson "chilling"......Yeah right! That's what ALL 6 month old, 145lb. Mastiff's should look like---small horses!!!! OH!! He was SO shy and fearful of all the people.....just trying to hide behind Daddy Greg.....
I called his name--and he looked over.....Gotcha!!!!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Caught Bandit too--love his curled up tongue.....I think he was a bit overwhelmed as well.....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The "GUYS"--chilling out......
Bec's Greg and Sally's Mark. They liked chatting with each other--I think....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Daddy Jim with Joyanna in her favorite seat--I bet!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Again--the flash went off--and I want to fix this in Adobe--when i find out WHY i cannot get on it....Maybe it is b/c I changed over to Comcast in december--and have not used Adobe since then. Now my e-mail has changed too----
Will work on this....

BUT! This is so funny! As soon as I pinted my camera at her--she put her arms up and gave me the biggest smile----
Seems you have her well-trained to "pose", Jill.....at such a young age!
No wonder all her photos are such happy-looking ones....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Took this second one right after the above one-----a whole different shot.

Ahem...Jim looks better......

This is all the pictures I took....Hope to see everyone else's.

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I love the photo of her meeting Bandit! She was just dancing with delight around him. Good thing Becky was standing by to protect his tail! You got some great photos, Gita. :-)

I know I keep saying this, but I can't get over how much she looks like Jim. She's copying his expressions too, of course, which gets pretty hysterical at times. And yes, she's a ham for the camera. Mine sings a little song when it turns on, and she knows that means "look up and smile at Mommy!"

Thank you!!

Crozet, VA

How fun - thank you for sharing these Gita. Yes - Joyanna was such fun to watch. As long as I don't have to run after them - I could sit and watch little ones all day as they learn about the world about them. Yes - she was quite taken with Bandit. He is such a dear though. Poor big baby Samson. My oldest and largest dog Lucky is a bully to the other two at times but he turns in to a bowl of quivering jelly when a storm is coming. I almost feel sorry for him.

My hat is off to each of you who have already given your newly acquired plants their permanent homes. I am not going to be in a rush to plant the beauties that are potted. I still need to ask a few questions about the care of some of the things. I always hate losing something because I planted in improperly.

Am looking forward to more pictures.

Ruby

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Okay everyone, go here:
http://hart524.vox.com/library/post/hart---tuesday-june-01-2010-44634-pm.html

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Meanwhile, here's the adorable Joyanna with her Daddy, Jim. What an amazing baby! Jim was pretty amazing too. I'm trying to imagine my ex sitting at a boring old plant swap all day watching the baby. Nope, never would have happened. LOL

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Critter and Froggy.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Foxnfirefly. Is that a cool hat or what?

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec: "Now who is this calling?" LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Would help to add the photo. duh

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Gita with a big smile

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Chantell, the keeper of the bowl.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec's husband Greg, Pat and David

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Hey, Critter! Now y'all go to the link above for more.

Thumbnail by hart
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wonderful photos, Hart! Thanks for sharing them. Loved the "Smilebox" presentation, too!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looks like you all had a great time!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Mama's boy turned a year old!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

hart how cute that photo 'book' was!
cute puppy, loves his hat!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, big boy!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Happy birthday, Sampson! Marshall was most upset that I didn't get photos of Sampson and Bandit. So I had to show him Gita's last night.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

As if they're weren't enough all ready but I loved the smile of glee on Joyanna's face

Thumbnail by Chantell
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

The pictures are so fun to look at. I also have some to post, but a quick question-should I resize them for the website or post them full size?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'd resize them. They'll load a lot faster for you.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Chantell! That's a fabulous photo -- great smiles on all 3 faces!

OK, I know somebody got a wonderful photo of Joyanna walking around, big grin on her face, hands in the air... I remember seeing the shot on somebody's camera, and now I can't remember who took it! I *need* that photo, please!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Cute how Bandit is the only one looking right t the camera- gives it an unusual 'perspective!"

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So nice, looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry we missed the party, we would have loved to be there. Thank you all for sharing.
My dad's doing well, getting stronger every day. I wish I healed as fast as this tough old bird. I'm cooking ever night to freeze leftovers for him (homemade TV dinners). If I'm not careful I'll weigh 300#s till I leave from trying to fatten him up. LOL Ric

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Great news, Ric! Will he drink Ensure or Boost? It comes in a lot of flavors and will make sure he's getting at least some basic nutrition. You can also get Ensure Plus or Boost Plus, which has more calories, protein, etc. If you go to the Ensure website, they'll send you a printable coupon for $3 off and as I recall, you can print it twice by going back to the print my coupon page.

You know Mom lost 40-some pounds after her stroke. For months, I spent hours every day trying to coax her into eating. The Ensure/Boost was a lifesaver. The doctor also eventually gave her meds that helped boost her appetite. We were finally able to take her off the Ensure and the appetite meds last month and she's eating fine now.

Strokes, even the kind Mom had, often effect their swallowing and they're afraid of choking. But the nutritionist and thereapist both told me often for older people just getting weak from an illness or whatever will have the same effect. It involves muscles and if muscles are weaker, swallowing is harder.

I hope you'll give your dad a big hug for all of us.

Sorry for the long sidebar. Chantell, that photo of Bandit and Joyanna is adorable.

If any of you want printable versions of the photos I took, just dmail me your email and let me know which ones you want.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.