Share splash of colors from your garden

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

What's blooming in your garden? Let's share some pictures. I'll start. Here is Petunia Harrah Lavender some call it supertunia.

Thumbnail by farmerpickle
Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Peach color iris

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Bumblee Bee Iris

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Black Storm iris

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hardy Geranium

Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

Stargazer Lily, Sharon ---Broxton, GA

Thumbnail by Kgb4013
Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

Medusa, a type of air plant. Sharon

Thumbnail by Kgb4013
Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

White Amaryllis, Sharon

Thumbnail by Kgb4013
Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

No blooms, but I think they are just as pretty and foliage plants last all season. Sharon

Thumbnail by Kgb4013
Broxton, GA(Zone 8b)

FarmerPickle, I love the black iris. Thanks for sharing your photos. Sharon

Thumbnail by Kgb4013
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

yes, I love the black iris too. Here is a black hollyhock.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Well, this was a couple of weeks ago. My 'Maypole' arrangement for my garden club. With my irises and other flowers.

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Very pretty photos all. I need to get on the ball. Too busy in the veggie patch!

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Meredith Bohls rose ... didn't know she would be so pretty

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Baby Blanket groundcover rose just opening

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Knockouts going crazy LOL

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Melody Parfumee

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Stella d'oro

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Nelly Moser clematis

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

I love these hot pink petunias ... no name, I got them at Walmart ... using them for hanging baskets on the front porch and pots on the front steps.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Can't wait to take a pic in late June to see how they've grown. In case you haven't noticed, I'm just beginning my garden and have a long way to go.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

The Medusa I have never seen, thanks for sharing. EFGeorgia1 your iris arrangement is very pretty. Judy I love your Meredith Bohls rose, and the classic white picket fence!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you, Farmerpickle (love that name :-). It's been a long slow road just to even get started. If things look decent in a while, I hope to start a thread showing what it was, and what it is.

Judy, everything looks beautiful in your yard. Hello Laurel, haven't seen you in a while!

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

farmer: that 'bumble bee' is so pretty and interesting. And Sharon, I am envious: I loved my Stargazer lilies but the voles got them over the winter. Here is a new plant for me: planted it last year and it's blooming now. Prunella "Summer Daze." It has neat oak leaf looking foliage too.

Thumbnail by cedar18
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

And here is an Asiatic Lily "Cancun" in my hot border. I counted 23 stems with buds (some just 1, others as many as 5 buds) from the original 5 bulbs planted March 2009. They were "big box store" bargains that had already sprouted in the package. I didn't know if they would make it: but oh boy!

Thumbnail by cedar18
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This was meant to be private mail but the sentiments were true for those who read it.
Laurel

This message was edited May 31, 2010 7:06 PM

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Lili,
Thank you for the comments about my yard looking beautiful ... that's because I haven't shown you the ratty parts, LOL. It really is bare bones around here.

And, Cedar, that lily is really HOT!

Laurel, not quite sure what your post means. Maybe I just got here too late and only got the edited version. :-)

(Edited to correct a typo. Hate myself when I do that!)

This message was edited May 31, 2010 7:51 PM

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

judy - thinking of taking 'her' (Cancun) on the road with that hot act!
What is this "baby blanket rose"? I'm not familiar with it. Beautiful.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Fabulous Asiatic Lily, Cedar

yes, Cedar, that Cancun is a beauty. Glad she survived.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Woo hoo, Cedar. I can just hear the Latin music now and Cancun "doin' her thing" dancin' down the road to Meh-hi-co! LOL

That Baby Blanket is a rose I got from J&P about two years ago. (I got six but lost one.) It is really the sweetest little thing but I have never really given it a chance to show itself off. They arrived at an inopportune time and I had to put them up in pots, then in the ground, decided it was the wrong place and moved them, still not satisfied and kept cutting them back because they got gangly. This year they really tried ... (see photo) but I'm still not satisfied with their location. They have a real good reputation from others who have them. I now have a nice bed picked out in a sunny spot where I think they will really thrive. We shall see. They certainly are hardy and can take any abuse I have heaped upon them in my novice bungling ... and there's been a lot of that going on. This photo is when they were in a bed that just got too much shade. They definitely like sun better.

Thumbnail by JudyinGA
Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

As I have my plant pictures on hand this morning ... my amaryllis are doing well this year and I love this bright splash of red.

Thumbnail by Artgal
Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm looking forward to some of those cancuns I planted. Could be days now and blooms:)

I don't have any real perennials to show(or older than a year), but expect my new hosta garden to look sharp in a few months..only time will tell. Climbing hydrangea in the background blooming. I love that plant...hope it grows better than many opinions I hear. That's also a newbie I got from Wilkerson Gardens.

Thumbnail by kdfisher
Ellijay, GA(Zone 7a)

Moonlight hydrangea closeup....

Thumbnail by kdfisher

Love your climbing hydrangea. Here is one of my (non-climbing) hydrangea in bloom. Bought it on clearance last year at Lowe's.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and some groundcover gardenias

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

and the bee balms and white yarrow are fighting for space with some clematis purpurea and mallow Zebrina

oops, forgot the photo....

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

kd - so impressed with your blooming climbing hydrangea. I will show mine the picture in hopes that it kick-starts it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.