Georgia Gardening: Share splash of colors from your garden, 1 by JudyinGA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JudyinGA

In reply to: Share splash of colors from your garden

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Share splash of colors from your garden
JudyinGA wrote:
Woo hoo, Cedar. I can just hear the Latin music now and Cancun "doin' her thing" dancin' down the road to Meh-hi-co! LOL

That Baby Blanket is a rose I got from J&P about two years ago. (I got six but lost one.) It is really the sweetest little thing but I have never really given it a chance to show itself off. They arrived at an inopportune time and I had to put them up in pots, then in the ground, decided it was the wrong place and moved them, still not satisfied and kept cutting them back because they got gangly. This year they really tried ... (see photo) but I'm still not satisfied with their location. They have a real good reputation from others who have them. I now have a nice bed picked out in a sunny spot where I think they will really thrive. We shall see. They certainly are hardy and can take any abuse I have heaped upon them in my novice bungling ... and there's been a lot of that going on. This photo is when they were in a bed that just got too much shade. They definitely like sun better.