May Blooms

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

threw seeds in 2 small planters in feb. no cover, no fussing.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE the maroon ones!!!!

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

There are so many beautiful pictures on here! Gitagirl, I'm so jealous of all those roses. Flowergirl, that eye of the tiger iris is so cool. Too many wonderful pictures to comment on them all. wow. rosesrred, I can't believe you grew that container of beautiful yellow and blue flowers by just tossing them in and forgetting about them - how amazing! Thanks for sharing your pictures - I'm inspired by ALL of them.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

A large prickly pear- remember this Chantell?

Thumbnail by sallyg

Pads of that prickly pear are available at becs Swap if you dmail me
I'm also bringing baggies of this tiny Sedum acre and the bluish Sedum Blue Spruce

Thumbnail by sallyg
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you to who ever gave me the bell flower... or I think it's that... last year

Thumbnail by onewish1

I think thats a Peachleaf Bellflower. critter was my source for that plant. Funny thing, last year I had the bellflowr tag but could have SWORN that the only bloom there was Scabiosa, on those leaves. This year, tons of bellflower blooms! go figger. and the scabiosa is next to it. I'm just getting senile.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got my bellflower from Stormy

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I got a white bellflower from last years swap, too. Not sure who but I was thinking it might have been Stormy

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well thank you Stormy if it was from you!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Tempting Fate

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Another view

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OH Jen that is really pretty.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very pretty Jen

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous plants/blooms everyone!! My daphne has done great since I got it..bloomed the first time this year. Where did I get mine, you ask? From our own Debbie (RCN)....cant' go wrong
Sally - did I give you that one??

Tempting Fate -gorgeous jen

C--ya know---I think I picked up a pad from a PP in San Antonio couple years ago!! Well, it had fallen on the sidewalk and I couldn't chance anyone tripping on it.... Or maybe I accidentally ahem kicked it a little and it broke off....Well since you had given me the yellow and orange I probably figured hey this might root and it might be hardy.... But it wants to be much bigger than the eastern ones like the native yellow!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I would love to have some prickly pear but I want to wait till I have "the" spot for it. We have a neighbor that has a big patch of it and it looks so nice when it blooms. On of these days I will figure out where I want to plant it and then I'll come begging for starter pads. Holly

Such restraint. There's an awful ot of- get the plant now and THEN find a spot- going on! I'll have some for you whenever.
Sundrops/ evening primrose. The bright yellow is great but the plant is kind of messy most of the year. I'll be reducing the size of this patch after bloom, trying to figure out where its best used, like around the butterfly bush which isn't that tall now but later will cover the messy sundrops

Thumbnail by sallyg

A short lily I got bloom-unseen on clearance last fall. Assumed it was in the orange range as it was post hallowen or thanksgiving. it's redder in real life.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Oh, the sheen of the petals might have thrown the color off, its really a deep orangey red. And under a foot tall. So you can see that planting behind these Salvai artemis, which I didn't realize/ remember would bloom this year was a mistake. I assumed the lilies would be a little taller than a foot!
I meant to dig one clump for Bec but forgot. Sure will swap some in the future though! I planted six bulbs out of two pots and they all look great.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I usually do think that way but I have had cactus before and I don't want to mess with it more than I have, too. There is a place near us that sells mulch, stone, pavers and such. They have some really pretty & interesting types of rocks. I was thinking of picking up a few of them and making a small area with them and the prickly pear. They have a couple of different varieties, one of them looks like this. I would go for much small rocks though. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Don't I remember a pile of huge rocks last year in your yard? That would be unique in this area- a boulder pile with cactus planted all over LOL
spelling error edit

This message was edited May 30, 2010 6:56 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Most of them will be used for the pond later. I planted castor beans in those rocks this year. I think the seeds came from Ruby a couple of years ago. We though they would look interesting those big leaves coming up around the rocks. I was thinking that once the pond goes in there may be a good spot there for them. I had thought about planting them in my old hog trough but I don't think they will overwinter in that.

agreed the trough would be iffier with winter cold. I don't know much bout that. Well you have enough big plans going on, i think this can wait~~

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ohhh Holly that would be so pretty. I can't remember the name of those rocks in that pic...but boy are they pretty!!!! So nice to add rocks and seashells for interest...I've got some of my creeping sedum growing up through conch shells...which reminds me I totally forgot to bring the shells to the swap...ugh!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.