April Showers 2010...

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And remember when hiking in bear or ML country w/ friends ...
You don't have to be the fastest runner....
just not the slowest....
tripping is considered well w/in the rules

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Looking great, Ric!!!

Two guys were walking through the African wilderness. One guy said, "If a lion attacked us, do you think you could run faster than him?" The second man said, "I don't have to run faster than the lion. I just have to run faster than you."

Sorry I'm not commenting on every post. I looked through them all.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

36*F~sunny and bright at 7:30pm. Snowed a bit today and was foggy as well.
Marylyn~thanks for the new thread-
kelli~we do have a metal roof, but it seldom rains hard enough to notice. We put metal roof on two years ago, mainly for fire prevention. Glad the earthquake wasn't too bad. Things are on the move; our volcano, Mt. Redoubt, is once again rumbling.
It's not at the level of Rann's, in Iceland.
bp~Not a fan of worms, either:))
E_B~beautiful copper tops.
ric~you are making quick work of the new shed. Very nice.
I read with great interest the weather/storms in that part of the country, more so now with a grandson in Mason, Iowa.
ledge~interesting/same type woods/trees.
hi to all I've missed~keep safe.
On a nearby lake-Easter Sunday.
My grandson, his wife, and my DH.
My grandson and wife are moving out of Alaska and down to Seattle area on Friday:((Their belongings/car will be barged down and they will fly out).

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

too funny, kwanjin:))
Love your photo.

(Zone 7a)

I love that pic of the 3 of them.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I stayed in bed toll 6:00 am. I mowed and weeded all day and guess I was tired.

52° and calm. Storms to the north and south of us last night, almost all with tornado warnings, but they all slid northwest of us. I was glad. The little alert radio was going off every 20 minutes with a new warning for them.

Today, cloudy with a chance of light rain and a high of 51° and 15 - 25 mph wind with gusts up to 30 mph. Well, where did yesterday go?

Sunfarm, glad the worst passed you, but no rain makes a person worry.

Marsue, ditto on the ''yay worms!''

Ric, my weather must be your weather coming.

Bernie, our morning temps aren't too far a part.

Celia, waiting for warm weather when it's so close is so hard. Fantastic picture of the cherry bloom!! That is amazing detail!

Chrissy, I can't imagine that much pollen. So sorry for Dave. Maybe a good rain will wash it down.

Marylyn, there's something powerful about conquering a tree and damming up a trickle of water :o)

Kelli, smell or not, the laurel is beautiful Yeah, love those old iris!

Marsue, the veronica is still very pretty. I love knowing the real names of plants. I've considered it, but never got it. I love the big leaves too!

Kelly, that's interesting. I find yourself rooting for him even tho he killed. I hope they all continue to just kill deer.

Pepper, great news about the truck! So glad it wasn't a major problem! DH sprayed big carpenter ants under the house the other day. We would have never known they were there if he hadn't been shimming a squeaky floor.

Early, I hope you get some rain too. ROTFL!!! The caps are beautiful and both colors compliment each other! They'll catch your eye for years to come! You have one tough friend. He's just begging to be ''chopped'' :o)

Ric, it's always a relief to get the roof on! It's a great shed and at least you'll have a window! ROTFL&L! Does anyone hike with you guys anymore, LOL!!

Celia, there is a sun behind the clouds, just keep repeating that.

Kiska! giggling over the worms! Everyone looks great standing in the snow! At least Washington isn't too far away.

Celia, don't look.

(I Mowed)

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny, 35º, wind from north.
Going to install trim in a house today. All reconditioned original woodwork.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well the good thing about hiking in this area is there actually aren't any animals to worry about.
The occasional wild squirrel, who while fearsome opponents, I think we could take.
Snakes? Raised them for decades. Not on my or Robyn's list of worries.

bp many times your weather is ours about 36 hours later.
Pepper's we get about 24 hours later.
(Glad your truck is better Pep!)

We're going from 67° (our High should be 61°) as a low to 37° by Friday morning.
There will be some action I'd say.

Windy for sure last night.
The trees were Howling a few times when we were in the HT.

Supposed to be 80° today! Off to get lumber.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

EB: I am ROFLOL at the pork chop on the back remark! The copper post caps certainly dress up your sitting area and what a bargain!

Sally: you mowed! I did, too! and I realized that I wasn't huffing and puffing like I did last year so it must be good for me! LOL

Kiska: did your DGS get a better job in Seattle? I know you will miss them. Great photo!

Today
Breezy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 15 to 20 mph...with gusts to around 30 mph. The chance of precipitation 40 percent in the morning... increasing to 70 percent in the afternoon. Average rainfall 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then a slight chance of showers after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the evening. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation 70 percent in the evening...decreasing to 20 percent after midnight. Average rainfall 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Clematis bud

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Okay, folks. No need to worry about me being depressed anymore. The bad stuff is outta here! Yea! It's sunny and warming nicely outside.

34.6 °F with 49º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 35 °F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 19 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.42 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

This has been cross the street for about a month under a tarp. Much discussion has been going around our house about what it was. Now, we know. And it's going away! Yea.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie, that's a job you can appreciate.

Ric, what snakes did you raise? I can see my that weather, to reach you, has to head south-eastish and Pepper's north-eastish. Interesting.

Marsue, that's great! You are in good shape! Your clematis is close to blooming!

Celia, I'm glad!! Laughing at your mystery car! The guy we bought the south lot from worked on race cars for the short time he lived here. Now the guy across the street does. Neither one was/is a problem.

It's raining. It's cold and it's 50°.

Bluebells

Thumbnail by billyporter
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Pepper - Yay! Truck is back! Boo! Ants in the house. We have a ton of ants outside and they usually stay outside except for once in a while in really dry weather they will come to the kitchen sink or bathroom looking for water.

Marilyn, that is interesting to see a picture of "my" plants in your yard.

Regarding the metal roof - it can't be any louder than the metal awnings on the back of our house above the bedroom windows. That isn't bad, and it's not like it rains here anyways.

The dangerous or unpleasant thing most likely to be encountered in the Santa Monica Mountains is poison oak, then sunburn, then ticks. Then there's stuff like blisters, twisted ankles, and heatstroke. Trails usually avoid the cacti, though yucca leaves might get you. There isn't enough cover for surreptitious marijuana farms. You don't have gang activity and drive-bys in the SMM. Less than once a year I see a rattlesnake. I have never seen feral dogs. Rabid animals are always a possibility, though I've not seen any in the SMM. You'd have to really be inept to drown. As usual in the modern world, I'm more likely to be involved in a car accident going to or from than have anything happen to me there.

One time there was a show on t.v. about prehistoric mammals. They had computer generated animals against a real background. The background was filmed in the SMM. We recognized the exact location. It was strange to think that those critters lived around here, but they did. In all likelihood, some of them would have walked right across the ground that is now our yard. They're neat animals, but I am glad that I don't have to worry about encountering short-faced bears and saber-toothed cats when I'm out.

Any idea why it is called TX mountain laurel? It doesn't look anything like "real" moutain laurel. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1201/ I love regular mtn. laurel, too, but it is probably too alkaline here for it, and maybe too unhumid.

Yay, Celia's neighborhood gets cleaned up!

Very windy today

West Simi Valley, Simi Valley, California (PWS)
Updated: 9:25 AM PDT on April 07, 2010
67.1 °F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 22 °F
Wind: 25.0 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 42.0 mph

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the warning weather around here... And Rusty woke me up around 2 am and JuJu seem not scared yet of the lightning hit and raining pour in my garden that I has used rotortiller before so it full muddy puddles now it make good soak! I have use more raised bed next one that where I plant the peach tree last spring year ago and it "Red Haven" got blooming last week that windy blew pretty hard on Easter Day... So it was leaves growing out after blooming I hope it will get peaches this year...

I have potatoes to plant sooner it sitting in my attached garage to keep cold and it grow very slowly roots coming out now and I have to plant shallot sooner too...

I'm in bad shape cause of the weather make me sore of my hips... and stay inside for while to keep warm again cause this night will be cold to 39*... I plant until it warm day I will plant in my plastic storage box for potatoes for test it... And I have shallot plant in beds sooner today later on...

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=sgf&wwa=hazardous%20weather%20outlook

This message was edited Apr 7, 2010 12:05 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I've wondered, too, Kelli, cuz the "Texas Mountain Laurel" (http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55062/) really does look nothing like regular Mountain Laurel, and isn't even related. It's a prettier name than "Mescal Bean", though. LOL

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, you always make me smile!

Rusty, you've been busy. It's so nice to turn the garden and get that soaking rain! I hope you get peaches too. There's no better taste, and nothing more touchy than a peach tree. Luckily anything that needs planting can wait a bit. My Dad put potatoes and onions in already. Now we're getting rain again. I hope your hips feel better. Stay in and stay safe from the weather!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the links everyone! Dang I don't know how in the world I get so far behind, other than just working too hard and not taking any time for myself, but since I'm not self employed I don't have much choice, so oh well!

LOOOOOOOOK at the pics here!! I don't have time to post them individually, besides it takes up too much room.

http://picasaweb.google.com/christinepix/20100404#

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Chrissy, that was a fabulous slideshow! Everything you planted looks great and I love your forest!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: now that car surely must be a dirt track street stock race car and how do I know that, you ask? For several years back in the 90's Pau entered his second teen-hood and decided he just had to be a race car driver so off we went to the dirt track every week-end, car in tow. Of course,he wouldn't stoop to driving street stock, no indeed--he had to have the best: a late model. He nearly killed himself in '97 in a terrible wreck which gave him a bad head injury. Although he kept working til the end of 2005, he was never the same and I think the resulting problems from the head injury are what eventually caused his brain hemorrhage. Of course, that is my own personal opinion--I'm certainly not a doctor. Well, I digress so on to more pleasant things. :o))

Speaking of April showers, we had our share of them today but they were needed. I had to drive to Conway today and on the way over there the air was practically yellow from the oak and pine pollen. It was as if it was raining pollen! I heard on the tv tonight that yesterday was the single worst day for pollen that we have had here in Arkansas since 2001. I can certainly believe it! The rain surely has helped to wash the pollen out of the air. Our temps are about 15 degrees cooler than they were yesterday, too. Tomorrow our high is forecast to be 67F which is more like it for this time of year.

(Zone 3b)

It's been snowing lightly today. Up to 33*F and it's probably today's high. It's nearly 5pm.
Had a quake of 4.6, but felt much stronger as it was centered 20 miles from here. A big jolt; noise and movement.
bp~in a strange way, you're right. Washington State is about 1,500 air miles from here; just over a 3 hour flight, so it seems closer.
The drive out takes a few days, a passport, and travel through Canada.
Reading of worms and such gives makes me shudder:)) The worms we do have are only in the garden. No snakes here.
rusty~hope you'll be better soon. Sounds painful w/hip problems.
marsue~my grandson plans to transfer to Sears down there. He and his wife plan to share work and college years. Not sure who will go to college first at this time. I'm sure you do wonder if the accident had some affect later on-so sorry~
kelli~interesting to see the place where a movie was made and to be familiar w/it as well.
CG~did it go well?
Marylyn~it does sound much better than the name you mentioned. Are you settled in w/new floor/paint now?
have a good evening~tomorrow AM we will be getting grandson's vehicle loaded on a container barge in Anchorage. It takes about 3 days to reach Port of Tacoma.
Large, thick chunks of ice are beginning to break off the river bank.

Thumbnail by kiska
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of around 60*. Mostly sunny but very windy.....again. lol. Severe thunderstorms moved into the area around 3pm but went north so we missed it all.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get my shovel out again and start hand tilling my garden some more. At this rate it's not gonna get done!! LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sally I've raised and bred... Hognosed Snakes, Kingsnakes, Corn Snakes and Garter Snakes.
Raised Ball Pythons and Red Tailed Boas.
Caught both Eastern and Western Diamondbacks and Copperheads in the venomous snakes.
Used for snake 'milking'.
Dozens of other types in the 'safe' style...lol!

Rain is moving in.
No real warnings or watches.... yet
Still 69° at 10PM.

Well the Shed is rain ready! Barely.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Kansas City, MO

Heavy rain and some hail yesterday. High 60 today with heavy rain and nickel size hail. Low around 38 tonight. I am in north side of KC

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Barely 40° and I can see my breath. We got about an inch of rain yesterday and it lasted most of the day! Thunder kept rumbling and it was wonderful to hear! But, now it's going to be windy and cold all day. Just in the 50's. Brrr. April will go thru her phase and May will bring all the flowers I've been waiting for!

Marsue, that's so sad. He enjoyed himself in spite of everything and that's what we want out of life. I'm glad you are getting rain too. The flowers are going to be gorgeous this year for all of us!

Kiska, that is scary. Is that enough to knock over a picture frame or anything? Long ago, when I joined Dave's, someone was marking us on a map if we asked. Sometimes it would be nice to know just where we are, from each other. (Her map got pretty full :o) The crow sure knows best. :o) Flying is quicker, but too expensive. Laughing, you're in luck. I don't do snakes! I'll photograph one if I see it, but we don't even see garters anymore. I would love to listen to the ice break and the river come back.

Pepper, I don't have a tiller, but I'm getting old enough to ask for one. I turned one side of the garden already, but the inch of rain says no to the other side.

Ric, that is quite an assortment of snakes. Did you take them somewhere to have them milked, or just refering to them as venomous. Did you catch them with the hook and where did you catch all of them? I love to watch a snake. I'm not into picking them up, but I'd touch one if someone else held the head, LOL! I'll get close as long as it doesn't rattle. We have bull snakes once in a great while. The shed is coming right along!

2gmk, I'm glad our hail the other day we pea sized. Usually it's marble sized. We just rarely get large hail.

My re-done rock garden is sparse, but better than being overgrown!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

29º a t 5 AM
6:20 AM Sun is rising to a clear sky.
Looking for 60's today.

Use Google maps, you can find anybody. Nichols, IA is 22 miles south-southeast of Iowa City, IA.
Billy, do you live in that quaint little town or in the countryside ?

Ric, among other things is a snake charmer ?
Nice work on the shed.

Pepper, if I was closer I would bring "Old Reliable" over & shorten up your garden preparation.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/426150/

Back to work on the trim project. Spent most of the day sorting out pieces. We had to make some new fillers to add height to the casing. New doorways are higher than originals. No 2 pieces of the part that goes above the openings are the same size. They vary nearly ¼". All pieces were marked as they were taken off, but a lot of doorways were changed or new or eliminated.

Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie, I live in town. Right on the northwest edge. I grew up straight down the highway on the south end. But we wern't the southern most end. Dad's big barn still stands. I've lived here my whole, almost 53 years. I used to know everyone. Now I'm the middle age and my Dad is the elder. I'm right on the Google Earth GIS track. Just follow Main Street.

Bernie, I've watched them recreate old trim on ''This Old House'' and it's amazing. You have my utmost admiration for matching it instead of putting up newer pieces. It's a labor of love! That thread was just what I needed. I bumped it because I want a good tiller and good advice from people I know.

Have a nice day all.

I know some of you grounded Dyson, but did you take away computer privleges too? LOL!

(Zone 7a)

I am going to spend the day outside today. It's too nice to pass up! LOL

33.2 °F with 61º for the high.
Clear
Windchill: 33 °F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.18 in (Falling)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I was young and dumb.
Went to the Rattlesnake Roundup in TX.
Hooked and bagged them.
The event milked and moved most of them to less urban locations.
Some though were eaten.

Caught a few Eastern's near here. Park situation.
They and the Copperheads I gave to the Zoo.
Snakes don't bother me at all. Never have.
Now the Alligator Snapping Turtle we caught...THAT was dicey!
Totally NOT prepared to find a 45 pounder around here.
For the record Water Moc's and Corals I have nothing to do w/.
First is way too agressive.... I almost got hit in FL while fishing in a boat.
Second is a death sentence waiting to happen.
They feed the snakes at the Zoo here on Weds.
We have gone several times to watch.

Sun appears to be trying to peek ut...lol!

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Poor Isis! it's a hard life! LOL finally, Celia, you get a day to work outside! :o))
Bernie, anytime you have some spare time (ha-ha) you can bring your DW and the Troybilt tiller and come on down here. I need a new flowerbed! LOL
Sally: the rock garden is looking good! What are those plants on the outer circle between the rocks?
Kiska: snow does not compute! LOL
Ric: you are a man of many talents but really--a snake charmer? Now that is taking things too far!!! LOL
Rusty: hope you get those peaches!

After the rain washed away all that yellow dust (aka pollen) out of the air yesterday, today has dawned lovely and clear and cooler. Our high today will be in the upper 60's. It's a lovely day in our neighborhood and I will be outside making that new flower bed--like Pepper I will be hand tilling. (where's Bernie?). I just now received my order of milkweed plugs from Donna Vincent (www.vincentgardens.com) and I need to get them in the ground. I am going to try my hand at attracting Monarch butterflies and raising Monarch cats and the milkweed is their host plant.

You all have a good day!

(Zone 3b)

25*F~highs to high 30's/low 40's.
Light snow has stopped sometime during the night.
ric~growing up, in Calif, I was around snakes and my mom would pick them up and show me. Could never touch one-then, an incident brought about a phobia that remains today. I've made progress by just typing the word:)) The shed looks good.
bp~I googled your area as I wanted to see how close you are to where my 2nd oldest grandson is, in Mason, Iowa. He will be back here for the summer, but does like it down there, too. It's very expensive to fly out of Alaska, but taking the time/expense to drive out makes it impractical. 3 long hard days drive gets us to Prince George, BC< Canada. Another very long day puts us in Seattle. Flying out tomorrow will be our grandson/wife. We get Alaska Airline miles with bankcard and it really helps.
The quake was strong, but no damage. Your rock garden looks great. A foot of snow remains in our yard; keeps yard work to a minimum:))
CG~wonderful skill you have/developed.
2gmk~what an awsome sounding hail storm-
kwanjin~love that cute pic~
good morning to all~
This sugar egg was made for me in 1964-I set it out for a day or two each Easter.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

hi marsue~what fun to have your own butterflies. Sounds like a good day you've planned.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yayyy, fresh air for Celia! Isis says she's pretty comfy. I can almost hear a snore :o)

Ric, now that is an adventure! It's great to have venom at the hospitols. Years ago a guy just outside of town was in the barn reaching up for something and a rattler got him. He's now a paramedic. It's funny. He's only a couple of farms over from my Grandpa's and we were in the timber all the time. Never saw a snake and I was a great one for turning over rocks, logs and such, looking for ... whatever. Never brought home a hornets nest, but saw one high in the trees. Wow, an alligator turtle. The neighbor traps snappers for home use and later has ''turtle frys'' for his friends. He's had some pretty big ones. Turtles have my respect too. Anything left over from the dinosaurs interests me. I was always drawn to the snake cages. Still am.

Marsue, I have ladys mantle on the very outer edge. Then a ring of small purple border iris. Next are the varigated pallidas that smell like grape koolaid, and intermediate yellow iris that rebloom in the fall.. Next ring are the small purple border iris and grape hyacinth. Center is red coral bells. I'm filling it in slow, so I have things that stay small and don't need a lot of dividing. The rocks came from my childhood neighbor who died. When the house was up for sale, I took them as a reminder of him. He was like a grandpa. The people who bought the place stripped out all the hedges he used to trim with an electric trimmer. They tore everything out. Even his gorgeous deep purple iris. Now you guys have me reminiscing the good old days :o) I'm sure you'll have good luck with the butterflies!

Kiska, you just weren't meant to be a bug person and that's ok. You make us smile when we present one and it's all in good fun because we like you! We aren't too far from your grandson. About a 4 hour drive. I always used to wonder how people managed to move so far from home. I'm seeing how. At least there are phones :o) I'm glad the quake didn't do anything to your house. You can always widen the paths each day till enough sun hits the ground and warms it up :o)

Your egg is a real treasure. It's so beautiful! What a wonderful way to enjoy it and keep it safe the rest of the time.

Well, I enjoyed going down memory lane today. Makes me yearn to get on my trike and ride.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Snake handler not Charmer... those guys are NUTS!
Corn snakes are my favorites.
The southern varieties are gorgeous!

As I said I don't mess w/ the venomous ones any more unless absolutely necessary.
Most USA snakes can't kill you unless you are at risk medically.
But I know too many people missing digits...
They can though pack a mean punch.
Coral Snakes are a whole different animal. Dangerous but rarely bite.
If you live down south learn the difference between them and king snakes.
"Red on yellow- kill a fellow,
Red on black- venom lack"

Sun has finally come out.
We just got back from Tractor Supply.
The chicks are in.... noisy little buggers! LOL!

Ric

Hancock, ME(Zone 5a)

You miss a day or two and you really miss a lot here! Had the studded tires taken off yesterday, so it will probably snow here with in the week. Thunder and lightening here yesterday between 4 and 5 a.m. (not to common here as the cold ocean sucks the life out of thunderstorms.)

Cloudy and dreary here
52 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 36 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the East

Pressure: 29.89 in (Steady)
The tomato seedlings need repotting into something bigger.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hot and dry but not windy

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on April 08, 2010
80 °F
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 30 °F
Wind: 4 mph Variable

The bees are trying to build a hive in the compost bin. This is almost an annual event. They go away if I leave the lid off.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

60° - Raining - not to worry, feeling much much better - did some repair on the shed roof and after the storm we shall see how much leakage was stopped.

All in all - everything good. Please all take care.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hell friends... I hope those of you that had snow are getting better temps... if it's any consolation Texas is in the 80's!! I hear that whatever Texas gets the rest of the country will get it a few days later!!!!! hahahaha... We can ony hope this is true!!! ( at least in the good weather part!!!).
I did 4 hours of gardening today & was so happy to notice that my two iris' are FINALLY going to bloom for the first time since planting them almost three years ago!!!
I saw two butterflies.. not sure excatly but they were orange & one was large so I am presuming it's a Monarch & the other was small so my guess is a Gulf Fratillery.. since they are due about now.
My goal again is to attract the butterflies & hummingbirds & now I am going to add the honey bees..seeing as they are also in danger as is the Monarch.
So.. I guess you've guessed that the weather here today is beautiful.. in the 80's, sunny with some cloud.. the wind has died down considerably since yesterday.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still shipping water in the shed - supposed to stop raining by midnight and will try more drastic waterproofing methods tomorrow.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kiska: that's amazing that you have been able to keep that egg for so many years. Do you keep it in your freezer?
BP: I wondered where you got those rocks--I like the way they are shaped. It's too bad you weren't able to get some of the iris from his yard. What a shame that they were all disposed of! :o((
Ric: I knew there was a rhyme for telling which is a coral snake and which is a king snake but I can never remember it. I wouldn't be getting close enough to tell--at least not on purpose!!
Dyson: so glad you are feeling better!
Ledge: missing just one day around here makes one way behind. We are a chatty bunch! LOL Funny about the tires and "probably will snow".
Kelli: just think! if you let the bees stay, you could have fresh honey! LOL
"hello" cindy! LOL I know that was a typo! Lucky you to have butterflies so early--I haven't seen any yet but I did hear a bee buzzing around the pear tree when it was in bloom. I couldn't see it so I don't know if it was a honeybee or not. Congrats on your iris blooming!

It was a beautiful day here, too. It was a little windy but nothing compared to yesterday. Sun was shining all day but I was working in my new shade bed so the sun didn't bother me. It was very pleasant and I was outside literally all day except for my lunch break. I am tired but it is a "good tired". I plan to be outside all day tomorrow too. Lots of weeding to do and I haven't even gotten to the flowerbeds in front yet!

I got my milkweed plugs into pots. The directions said to put them into pots for a while and let them recover from the shock of mailing. When they start growing, I will put them in the ground.

Supper is calling so I'm out of here. You folks have a good evening!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny and windy with a high of 60.

They had hoped to put the greenhouse up at work today but the wind hasn't let up this week so hopefully next week it goes up. My plants keep drying out in the wind and some of them look horrible. I also got some new plants in today and I swear my customers have a sense for them cause they just come in droves when I get a shipment in!! I had several people wanting to buy some of my new stuff but we didn't have them in the system yet and I didn't have a clue what the prices were gonna be. Some of them weren't too happy. lol. I told them come back tomorrow and it will be done. Hopefully they do!!

Bernie, Old Reliable, your wife and you are more than welcome to come down!! But if my dad is home you won't get any tilling done cause you'll be too busy talking shop. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kiska I meant to comment on the egg!
Amazing it's lasted this long.
I love them!

Kelli I wish we could keep bees here.
Our neighbor is violently allergic.
Well out TS purchase has arrived.
Couldn't fit in in our car so Jon picked it up for us on his way home.
It will be the focus of our next project.
Probably in May.... but who knows.... lol!

Dyson I feel for you!
Those stubborn leaks are a bear to fix.

Cool and 49° currently.
Should go down to about 40° overnight.
Tomorrow partly cloudy and 58°

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.