plants I can get cuttings from
purple haze - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/150763/
Coronado Red - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/189399/
Tutti-Frutti - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/54902/
Black Adder - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76285/
Desert Sunrise - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53427/
Acapulco Rose - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/177479/
Acapulco Orange - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/161366/

the last two might be hit or miss... they are in the same container together... and not sure if the tags are still there

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

we will have some extra chairs, tents and tables for those who don't have room to fit them. my dh and i both have only one good hand each at this point, so you would need to retrieve them from the garage and set them up or pop them up yourself.

doc's mention of the door prize is something that i think i neglected to address. of course we each should bring one!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh No Roses, Bob, too!

holly,

bob is nearly recovered from his "duprins?" surgery. he has one more week of pt and then will get the ok to use that hand fully.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Allison, and the Acapulco Orange too please.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh geeze... hope you and Bob are better soon Teri... you got it Jen... and I spotted a couple yellow & orange in the fragrant mix already... I will grab a couple of those cuttings for you as well

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cool beans!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Onewish, I would love some agastache cuttings from Purple Haze, Coronado Red, or Desert Sunrise. I have read that hyssops don't like wet winters. Any advice? Is that why you are growing some in a pot?

A friend drove me around to shopping, appointments, etc. today. I had to fit in a lot of things in a short time. Would you believe that Walmart didn't have any peat moss? No manure either. They had more charcoal briquettes and bird seed than garden supplies. Very frustrating. I have also been asking for super phosphate and sulfur at various places. No luck, yet. I haven't tried the True Value, yet, maybe next time.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so far out of any that I have grown the only ones that returned are the desert sunrise... and now for the first time the Acapulco orange ... I have lost quite a few over the years... but I am thinking spring planting is a better chance at life... any fall planted ones did not return... and yes that's why I container some... I brought them in for the winter and they are coming back up nicely... always nice to have back up... I will grab your cuttings tomorrow morning.. the nice part about taking them now.. you still should see flowers this year..

last year I just tore off pieces and stuck them everywhere... new plants all over... even returned in containers outside ... can't beat the desert sunrise for being hardy

Thank you. I wintersowed a noid orange (rupetris, I hope) and standard purple hyssop. I got moderate germination, but both are tiny. They are just starting their second set of leaves, but the roots were at the bottom of the wintersown container. I planted each clump in the garden and hoped for the best. The look the same right now, still tiny.

I am trying to add some plants around my roses,especially plants with tall or airy blooms in the back and groundcovers in the front. The goal is a cottage look with less available space for weeds to grow.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they are very airy.... good choice... only had a problem with being wimpy last year with all that heavy rain.. over and over.. past years.. it would get droopy when it rained.. dried up and stood back up... you will be surprised how fast they will go to flower... give it a few weeks... they will be blooming there heads off... just for future reference... if you take cuttings make sure you cut non flowering stems.. they root in no time.. I cut a few pieces and did hormone... put them in coir... looked like they were going to die... next day stood up.. I bet within a few days they will put out roots already.. mint family very easy to root

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I added a noid purple & green heuchera to my list .. only have 1 though - http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_6k0JPtZioRD9xIMkOOD-w?feat=directlink

the photo is this year... planted a bunch of pieces from Michele a few years back... it spreads quite nicely in almost full shade

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

another add on.. Heliotrope Dwarf Marine... grew them from seed... only about an inch tall... I have 5 extras.. I never grew them before... and don't know how long it will take to flower

http://www.tmseeds.com/product/Heliotropium_seeds_Dwarf_Marine/Half_Hardy_Seeds

dwarf marine sure is a beauty. i'd appreciate one if you have extra!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you got it Terri

thanks allison.

Do you plan on taking your heliotrope in for the winter?

The rain has interrupted my plans to plant more seedlings this afternoon, but I have several types of foxglove to split up, plant and share. I have some mixed pink and white, rusty foxglove and a couple of others. The seeds were from trades, the seedlings tiny, but growing quickly.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am going to try and bring mine in.. figured it's worth a shot... if you have any extra foxgloves I know of a good home

;)

Alright, onewish, I'll pot you up an assortment of baby foxgloves. I saw some flowering at Walmart and was tempted to bring one home, but figured my babies would grow up soon enough.

Could I have a heliotrope? I am getting good at installing plant hooks near the windows. I should have my future plant light shelf cleaned off and set up by fall....I only have to figure out where to put the bolts of fabric and books....

Athens, PA

Allison - is the Black Adder all gone? If not, I would love some.

GardenQuilts - if you have any of the foxglove seedlings left, I would like some of that too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

of course you can have a helio... will put you on the list.. Carolyn I will get a cutting for you if there is a piece to cut.. that's some tomato list Nisi has!!!!

Athens, PA

Allison - thank you.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi all, I finally got a list posted!

I'll probably be adding too

See you soon,
Diana

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am sooo glad you can make it Diana... it will be nice to see you again!!!!

would love some of your

Variegated Aucuba cuttings
red shiso perilla
Lady in Red salvia

please!!!!.. let me know if you want anything on my list

lady in red salvia would be much appreciated by me also, diana, if you have enough.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

For the cold start we all had things are looking pretty nice considering. Looks like lots of fun and swaps are being put together. Everything I promised is looking good. I will have some odds and ends to give away. I will not have much because of the work to move it around.

As is my custom I checked the weather with Phil. All Phil would say is it looks good but he has to keep an eye on it awhile before he passes final judgement. Phil said he would do his best for us. Phil did guarantee no more frost South of Rt. 80. He said the week around the full moon always scares him above Rt. 80. That was a pretty good report for an animal that eats five hours a day this time of year.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi Doc, do you have any stevia left?

Roses, I got you for Lady in Red also =)

Nope............I had three Stevia to share. They were spoken for within a half an hour. Sorry I only got eight seedlings from my dozen or so seeds. Two in a pot are set up this year. I just automatically made the same number of Spearmint pots. I will offer them with Stevia. If they are not wanted the Spearmint would be up for grabs.

The way I play with them is to set up a decorative pot for two in one right on or near the picnic table.

hi guys,

just a reminder to bring a little something for a door prize. i just convinced one of my new friends to join dave's an to come to the swap, the more the merrier. til she gets her feet wet i will post her haves and wants ...tomorrow.

her name is lori.

I have been offline since last Thursday. There was a surge in the phone line during the storm that destroyed three phones and my modem. I finally have a working modem and am back online. I am double checking the lists to be sure I remember everyone's requests.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Okay, I hope someone sees this before everyone leaves Sat a.m.

I don't have RRR's address! Can someone Dmail it to me? Or if it's on the list of DG addresses, how do I access that list?

Thanks,

Denise

Edited to say thank you, Teri and Holly, who both sent Dmail with info.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2010 5:58 AM

sent nisi a d mail with info.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hope you all have a great day! We'll miss you all. Ric and Holly from the Sunshine state of ever growing weeds!

Athens, PA

Teri

Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful time. The company as well as the food were all A+! You have such a beautiful home and lovely gardens! I have met so many nice people as well. I look forward to continuing to know you all and enjoy your company and gardening expertise.

Carolyn

Bob and Teri............you folks did a super great plant swap. I really liked your rose garden. It was my pleasure to meet all who attended. It was nice the men were nicely represented. The lady folk will never know all the world problems we men solved while Teri had you on tour. LOL

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Trust everyone made it home safe and sound with all your new "goodies". Thanks to all for providing such great Swap selections! It was a wonderful day and I enjoyed meeting so many new people. Thanks, Larry and Vicky, for bringing along Holly and Ric's selections. The next get-together should be a spaghetti supper using the sauce we are all going to make from NisiNJ's tomatoes!! What a super selection of heirlooms plants!!!

Larry and Vicky - When I was updating the Swap attendees address list I neglected to get your DG name, address, phone and personal e-mail. If you are willing to share these please d-mail me with that info.

I will then send everyone a copy of the attendee list.

Am busy trying to get my new plants in before the "tornado" hits (heaven forbid - we are under a watch until 8 tonight! - kind of rare in this area and hope it stays that way!!

Enjoy your gardens and the new additions!!

Jessica

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

glad to read it looks like you all had a good time... and thank you to everyone for giving Jen my plants... you guys are too sweet.. and thank you Jen for caring for them until we can meet up... {{{{everyone}}}}

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Onewish,

I didn't realize Jen was taking your things so left the euphorbia for Teri to plant! I'll make sure you get some at the next swap we all attend! Or if you happen to come to the Poconos I can always meet you or have you come and get some! Jessica

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks to our great hosts!!! Great meeting some newbies and seeing ya'll who I've met before. Hope everyone had safe travels back home.

Teri, I got all the cuttings done, hopefully they ALL will take.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.