PLANT SWAP IN MOUNT BETHEL PA SPRING 2010

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

PLEASE KEEP THE CHAT HERE ONLY

To list your haves and wants, please go here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088764/

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072547/

Now we have a thread with the correct date.

We will start about 11 am on the Saturday AFTER The Memorial Day Weekend ***Date: June 5th.

Stormy is preparing to send a group blast to members in PA, NJ, and NY who live a reasonable distance away. I think that if we'd reinforce her blast with individual welcoming d mails it might encourage more people to join the swap and the MAG discussions.
********************************************************************************************************************
Holly's went well with everyone asked to bring a covered dish, blanket, umbrella or tent, chairs and tables. We would also be responsible for the burger, hot dog and chicken grilling. I would be doing and asking the same.

Should be very do-able.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Looking forward to another good time.

Regards,

Teri

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010 8:22 AM

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010 8:48 AM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I are planing to attend. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't wait!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'll put the link to this thread in the Events list rather than the previous thread... yes?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Teri maybe put the details for the day in your first post

Athens, PA

Teri

I plan on attending. DH will be coming with me as well.

Carolyn,

So happy that you can make this one. Your DH will have plenty of company.

Athens, PA

Teri

Great! Thanks.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Guess I am among the uninformed......When, where and what time?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Teri's house in Mount Bethel.. the week after labor day... time I am unsure of

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Week after Memorial Day. It's a loverly place!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oops... yes Memorial day... i'm a slacker!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL No, you're not! Your're busy with the mating dance. When will you know if it is a success?

11 am the Saturday AFTER the Memorial Day Weekend.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

have to wait 28 days for a blood test.... sigh.. but I can say this.. he is a persistent little bugger

Good..........that gives me or should give me more than enough time to get back on my feet. At this moment I will say the date is on my calendar. That's at least as good as hearing a check is in the mail. LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

feel better Doc!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Do you think my son would miss me if I skipped the wedding... Awe shucks, already paid for the dress and reserved my fillet! Maybe next one!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL... aaaaaawwwwwwwwww so sorry you can't be there Ronnie

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am going to have some extra plain green hosta if anyone wants any... it is the kind you can share after a few years... my neighbor needed help dividing hers... it was 4' in diameter ... she is 76... sooo Randy and I went over and between the two we split up a few years ago... we made 40 something normal sized plants out of.... hers looks the way it was a few years ago once again... and ours also need to be divided... and we just stuck them in all over and in some sunny spots just to get them in the ground somewhere... they have been burning up and returning every year... but we finally dug some and can probably make 8 plants out of them... one root ball is so big it filled my 12" pot... and it was only a few inches 2 years ago... plain but good ones... in my mind the hosta helped my crummy soil some.. I always let them die back and don't clean up until spring... good earth worms in those spots now

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't wait either.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I need to work on a swap list not that I know exactly what of my seedlings will make it but I have started to dig up some perennials and pot them up. Some of my climbers are looking pretty good. I'll have to support them in someway buy swap time.

Holly,

I put the smaller branches from the bushes and trees that I trim. The only one that gives me a problem is the weeping willow. Those branches immediately want to grow in the little cup along with the vine that they are supporting.

I am going to have some bi colored hostas, which I will only attempt to split now before they are too big to handle. I saw Onewish's post and realized that now is the time to ask about hostas.

I think that it might too soon to put up a "Haves and Wants" list, but some things need to be split sooner than others. Does anyone think that the list should go up now?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great suggestion I have plenty of small branches around. Too early for me to do serious swapping yet. I like the way onewish puts plants in her journal and then posts a link so you can look everything over I was thinking I would work on my lists of things I know I have. I have been potting up perennials as I clean the beds and divide. We are planing on going to both DG Swaps and the HGHA picnic and what doesn't get taken will go out front with a free sign.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

:::blushing::::

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi all ^_^ I'm going to go check our calendar (not that it is ever full lol) I hope we can come!

I know we have beautyberry, ferns and shiso. I have a lot of seedlings under the lights that I'm going to start dividing today; then I'll have a better idea of what else we may have.

Diana

Diana,

We will look forward to seeing you. Don't worry too much about having a whole bunch of stuff. Mostly we do it to have a good time while we are exchanging a few things.

I'm trying hard to be well for this event. Just got over back to back pneumonia, a couple of upper chest problems and now a dandy mess of gout. Someone must have my number. Don't think it is St. Pete. He would not send this much ugly out ahead of pick up. Would he? LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sorry Doc... hope you feel better soon

You've got plenty of time to get well enough to travel here, Doc. Hope you're well rid of those discomforts soon, though. My aunt used to swear that eating fresh cherries helped to cure her gout. We're all sending positive messages out into the universe to be directed your way. (I have a spiritual cousin who promises that this brings success).

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my dad drank cherry nectar or juice as well... he swears it helped

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Yes my husband drinks the cherry juice off my canned sweet cherries when he gets gout and it does get rid of it......

and by the way...where is Mount Bethel????

Thanks...........Betty is out rounding up some cherries and cherry juice. The medicine is working. Maybe the fruit and juice will help. Thanks. I like both anyway.

We're starting already! I'll be happy with a little Aster Jenny, Onewish.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

just know it was 2 little sprigs last year... this year I have about 18.. it didn't spread like that for Pixie (a zone colder)... but it obviously loves it here.. and it's in one of my new beds that the soil is really bad and compact

Athens, PA

Doc

The cherry juice is great stuff! I use the Montmorency cherry juice concentrate to help with my back pain. I have a disc problem and I have been in and out of the pain clinic at the hospital having the steriod cocktails they mix up injected into my back. I have been to physical therapy 3 times and am still doing my physical therapy exercises every morning. The hospital has also indicated that I have arthritis in my back from when I was thrown from a horse and breaking my tailbone when I was 15.

My next door neighbor started using the cherry juice for his back problems and his back problems are worse than mine. The cherry juice concentrate starts working in a week or so - I started feeling results in a little less time than that. Mix 2 tablespoons in a glass of water and take it before you go to bed - the cherry juice has melatonin in it and makes you sleep. I will tell that I do sleep better too. I was begining to think I was at that age when a good nights sleep was a rarity, but not so.

One other benefit I have found from the cherry juice is that I have been able to go off my anti inflammatory meds and only take then on as as needed basis. The thing that I really like about this is that the relafen is one of those liver/kidney drugs and apparently about 10 % of the people in the hospital in dialysis are as a result of liver/kidney drugs - this is the last thing any of us needs! So, I really like the fact that I don't have to be on these meds every day.

I believe gout is a form of arthritis, but you should double check to see if is is the black cherry juice concentrate or the tart cherries that help with gout.

All I can tell you, is that my experience with cherry juice has been fantastic and made all the difference in the world for both myself and my husband. I swear by the stuff.

Try it and let us know. I do hope you feel better.

Carolyn

Athens, PA

Allison -

what color is the aster?

Found this about cherry juice and gout:

http://www.gout-aware.com/treating-gout-symptoms-using-cherries.html

Would anyone want Jacob Kline Monarda or Ox Eyed Daisy while I'm thinning these out?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.