March 2010 - Part 3

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

One of the many pics at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/christinepix/20100319#

Thumbnail by crissyr
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

58° and sunny! I had a long walk this morn, hung out a load of clothes and wished I had another.

Rusty, you have a water garden for a day or two! Wow!

Thanks Kiska, I don't know where the saying came from, but it's fun to say :o) The lilacs are casting nice shadows!

Thanks Adina, The purple cress is pretty too! A real grape color. Nice rocks coralling it!

Ledgegardener, that's the fog and grey you would expect to see. Now if we could see the lighthouse!

Ric, that's a disapointing weather lie!

Rusty, LOL!! I think her sister and all the flying monkeys melted too!

Kiska, great picture of the lake! I love the mountains in the fog, or clouds. Really neat! Oh, you live over there! LOL!

Marsue, I forgot just how handsome Friday is! Great pictures! What a day you are going to have!

Celia, nice color in the clouds and a pretty blue sky!

Kiska, I love how you gain minutes in a day! Leggos came out for us too! He's got a great arena with fighting men!

Chrissy, my time will come! Gorgeous weather for you! Ohhh, how dainty and beautiful!

I'm slowly going to bed later, to try and get into Spring mode. I miss waking up earlier than 6:00 am, but I will be out later each nice day we get. Can't burn the candle at both ends anymore. Boy do I miss those days!!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

The older we get the harder it is to deal with the daylight savings time changes! It used to be the pets not knowing when it was time to get up, eat, etc. Now it is me!

(Zone 7a)

LOL

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Fun and cute pictures of kids and pets. Keep them coming.

Windy and dry. Where have you heard that before? ;-)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on March 23, 2010
75 °F
Clear
Humidity: 15%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind: 14 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 23 mph

I don't think I showed you this before. This is the first of two of these that I'm making.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Happy Spring y'all... Billyporter you make me blush!!! hahahaha.. All our snow is gone..woo hoo.. & assessed any damages & I think everyhting is ok..thought won't know until things start to grow..or not!
Today our temps are trying to reach to the 70's!!!! Sun is shining!!!
Darius.. I have lanky seedlings waiting to plant.. I am very leary now as I don't know what to expect.. I am going to have to wait before planting.
Pepper..you seemed to have gotten our snow! I'm sorry!!
Kelli..the paintbrush is a Texas native here as well as the Bluebonnet, which are lupines...the Bluebonnets are growing..I can see the mounds of green along the roadways..we have one main street that is govn't. protected since they grow all along there.. it will be really beautiful in about another month!

(Zone 3b)

kelli~that is beautiful; who are the lucky recepients?
cindylove-a 70*F day is about as hot as I can enjoy:)
sunfarm~hope you're on the new time soon:)
bp~I too, like being up early-with no need to be outdoors for a few more weeks, it's nice to read what you all are doing now.
crissy~will go look at the link neat. The photo you've posted is gorgeous.
35*F this afternoon-mostly sunny.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sunfarm, LOL! my cats are confused :o)

Kelli, how beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the other one!

Cindylove, we're a great little group with a little bit of everybody :o) The road plantings sound wonderful! We're seeing it along our highways a lot more around here.

Kiska, I think we all cheer when you finally get Spring too :o)

I raked two beds that can handle the cold. I'm seeing baby columbines and baby daylilies and baby tulips. I even found a toad who just dug himself out. I set him on a rock so he could warm up a little. It was a great day.

It's still 60° and light out at almost 7:00 pm

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Thank you.

Kiska, they're for me.

Sally, the second one is like the first. They're for the two front doors (inside, not outside).

(Zone 3b)

crissy~your photos are so nice-so many flowers already.
kelli~very nice; lucky you:)
bp~awww-baby columbine, daylily and daffodils-sweet.
It's 5pm and the temp is up to 40*F.
At this rate, we'll using the front door again:))
Taken a few minutes ago.

Thumbnail by kiska
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, gotcha! I'd be so proud of them!

Kiska, laughing, and I think Frank sees the humor in it too. I hope you get a warm day to help with the snow!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Very warm and sunny for the last 2 days. Today we almost hit 70. I wanted to work in the garden but didn't get a chance to do anything. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last night the Missouri Mavericks, our area hockey team played their first game in the playoffs and won. It was a great game despite the bad calls and kicking the best player out of the game. The opponents, Mississppi Riverkings were not happy with us and made sure we knew it thru out the game. Tensions were bad enough that the teams had to use separate entrances when leaving the arena so they wouldn't get into a brawl. The Mavs are down in Mississppi today and tomorrow and if they win they will be in the semi finals. Not bad for a first year team huh? LOL

Oh, greenhouse goes up Friday if weather holds. Whoo hoo!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Excellent Pepper!

Kiska, Frank just looks SO Happy!
I think it's good you can even SEE the front door! lol!

Chrissy Lovely!

Well after a cold start we did hit 60° today.
Toasty sun and the wood is about dried out.
Partly cloudy and 63° tomorrow.
We should get the Shed sub floor glued and screwed.
Probably get to the new Kitchen fan tomorrow too.

Afraid to pull out the framing lumber as it looks like rain Thurs/Friday.
Got the new Kitchen light in.
Took a while I had to do some rewiring work.

Lined up a friend to do the Panel wiring.
He's certified! I'll trade him EE's for the time.

Ric

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

billyporter and everyone else north of me, your spring is definitely coming, then my blooms will be gone and you will all be showing off your prizes!

Thanks for the wonderful comments on my pics, I just love my new not so new anymore camera, takes the absolute best pictures!

Kiska still all that snow!! Do you normally get snow that deep or did you have a snowy winter like the rest of us down here did?

Yay Pep go greenhouse go!!

What a great trade Ric!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

He's a Friend and former co-worker.
I bought beef off him last year (and will again in about a month) he bought EE's from me......
Works out well.

Ric

(Zone 7a)

It turned out warmer today than it started. (Which, I suppose, it usually does. LOL) I think we made 50º. Rain on Friday and 70º is forecast for next Tuesday.

This is from last April.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

kwanjin, your picture makes me homesick! Though I have been bouncing around the east central US since leaving SLC for college and being a Kentuckian for the past 40 years, I still miss real mountains!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, Go Team! It wouldn't be hockey if there wasn't a brawl, but yeah, great game! Goooo Greeeeenhouse!!

Ric, at least that wiring is done! I love barter and trade. It makes everyone happy.

Crissy, I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of the toad yesterday. Like the robin, he was the first! On the first day of Spring, I start making my days count. Even if it's just to realize where we are in the month.

Ric, friends are the best!

Celia, giggle! Neat contrast of mountains! Maybe one is a molehill :o)

Sunfarm, pat pat.

It's 45°! I wasn't expecting that. If you don't watch the weather you hear no lies. I just figure it out daily now. The map shows light green over us. I'm sitting here with the outdoor light on to see those first raindrops that......look like they're going to slide under us. OK, light out.

I'm going to look for that toad today!

Oh yeah, I had to call for jury duty last night. No trial!!

(Zone 3b)

20*F Sunrise will be: 7:44
Sunset: 8:22 Gain of 5m50sec
Average high temp for this time of year is high 30's;
There have been 40's a few times for a few hours, in the past couple of weeks, and that's nice.
Today's forecast: Isolated snow showers in the afternoon.
Highs in the mid 30s to lower 40s. Northeast wind 10 to 25 mph. Local gusts to 40 mph during the early morning.
Snowfall this year has been normal.
ric~you got a lot done yesterday-
bp-. No toads here and the thought of seeing one, in person, is most unpleasant:)) but hope you find him.
kwanjin~love that mt view~
pepper~sounds like an exciting game-good luck to the team.
Sunset a week ago. On the left, the sunset is highlighting a rim that looks like it's been a volcano. View from back deck.

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright, 57F

Details for Wednesday, March 24
Mostly sunny. High near 70F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Evening: A few clouds. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable.

(Zone 7a)

39.5 °F with 54º for the high.
Clear
Windchill: 40 °F
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the ESE
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 30.26 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Sunfarm, I do enjoy the mountain views but I miss the ocean. I grew up in S. Cal.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kiska, I love this picture! Giggling, I picked Mr. Toad up and talked to him while I was looking for a safe place to put him. I didn't want to roll him with the rake :o)

Dyson, did you get the bed tilled?

Celia, another spectacular picture!

Sunrise, where is everyone going??

Thumbnail by billyporter
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I miss MT. Bald and Cajon Pass in So. Cal...

Hancock, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello Everyone
Storm here yesterday and last night, No internet d/t precipitation between my roof and satellite, power was on/off too.... strong winds last night off the ocean - sounds like a jet engine.

Kiska does this forecast look familiar? It is winter here today. Gaining 3 minutes and 6 or 7 seconds a day. Your growing season is some shorter than mine, but I start everything in side as seeds and grow them under lights, except for root crops and peas and pole beans. I use row covers to extend the season too.

Bar Harbor, Maine (Airport)
Updated: 11 min 10 sec ago

34 °F
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 26 °F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 28 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the WNW

Wind Gust: 16 mph
Pressure: 29.60 in (Falling)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 2600 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 82 ft

Thumbnail by ledgegardener
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks MUCH Prettier today!
What a Great harbor view!

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

56 for a high with rain all day.

Truck broke down today so it's parked til I can get it fixed. Tranny is burning oil and I didn't find out til this morning.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40° and our rain is done. It was raining when I went to bed. I haven't put a guage out yet so I have no idea how much we actually got.

Ledgegardener, do you get many damaging severe storms? Are you right on the harbor? Beautiful picture!

Pepper, that's not good. Hope you're back on the road soon.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Currently 43F

Details for Thursday, March 25
Mostly cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

(Zone 7a)

That is gorgeous!!! Thanks, Ledge.

Sorry about your truck. That sucks big time.

It's sunny, windy (the GH door is making lots of noise. I had to prop it to keep it from banging.), and warm. I think we have a storm coming. 52º

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

54° and windy here! The sun is out, but it isn't strong. The grain dryers have been running all week. I know there was corn in the low wet fields into January, but not sure what's going on. In 34 years, they have never dried corn in the spring.

Our temps are similar, but no rain for us for a while.

(Zone 7a)

It's the same here, BP. 54º and windy.

Baby clothes!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Hancock, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the nice word on the last picture. The "mountain" that is in the distance, mid picture on right (next to the trees) is Cadillac Mountain in the heart of Acadia National Park. It is the highest point of the east coast of the Americas until you get down to Rio de Janeiro and its Corcovado Mountain.

Pepper - hope the truck is not expensive to fix.
Billyporter - yes the storms can be impressive. It is the wind that comes off the ocean, usually when a "nor'easter" comes up the coast. 60 mph winds are not uncommon and sometimes hurricane force winds. The forest is remarkable protection - and as the wind goes over the tops it sounds like a jet engine. I am about 100 feet back from the water, it is wooded but when the leaves are off I can see the water sparkling. I have access to the shore, but that really doesn't matter because except in high summer I am the only person here.

kwanjin - baby clothes?

The weather here now
Bar Harbor, Maine (Airport)
Updated: 6:35 PM EDT on March 25, 2010

43 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 37 °F
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 32 °F
Wind: 12 mph from the South

Pressure: 29.75 in (Falling)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds:
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 82 ft

Down on the beach looking the opposite direction from the last pic.

Thumbnail by ledgegardener
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm too far behind to comment on everything! I've been spending a lot of time out in the yard this week, except for today--it was too windy and about 15 degrees colder today than yesterday. Plus my ISP has been down several times this week. Suddenlink is working on the problem but hasn't totally "fixed" it yet. The workman came to the door today and told us that they would be working on it between midnight and 5 a.m. tonight. The reason they had to let us know is because the pole is in my side yard and their trucks will be in my driveway tonight. It won't bother me just as long as they don't wake me up! Sometimes when they are working on the line, they will leave their trucks running which is okay in the daytime but not in the wee hours of the morning!

As I said, it was windy and colder today and we had rain very early and again later this afternoon. The high today was in the high 50's but it felt colder because of the sustained winds which were anywhere between 15 and 21 mph. Tomorrow will be a nicer day--warmer and sunny and hopefully, not windy!
You all have a nice evening--or what's left of it!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Today's high. 41º
North wind early, calmed down during the day.
Now on an upward swing with temp. Looking for 70º next week!
I will be planting potatoes on Good Friday. That is the thing to do in MN!

I will get a jump on planting. Going to seed radish tomorrow.

Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pouring rain here currently.
Looks like freezing rain and snow at Marcy's about 75 miles north of us.

I'm moving Windows 7 on to my main system.
SLOW process.....
Shifting my Laptop to Firefox in a few minutes.
So if I disappear....lol!

That harbor is absolutely gorgeous.
I haven't been to ME in 30 years.
Still as wonderful as when I visited.

Ric

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, guys! I'm posting a few pics and I'll catch up with you later...I've been busy writing an article and with Spring cleaning.
Here's the aubrieta with more blooms. It's an evergreen.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Closer look.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Pansies and tulips along the front alley.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Close up.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lilac has sprouts!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.