Squirrel Pics Vol. 14

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I have no idea. Mine dig their holes up by the house foundation not out in the yard.

Saying a little prayer in the hosta bed...lol!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

ahhhhhhhhhh that an adorable picture. : )

Me & the camera weren't fast enough...LOL!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Sandusky, OH

Nice shots everyone!! Here's one of the juvenile's relaxing and enjoying a peanut...wish I had the camera when one of the 2 decided to sneak up on a rabbit...I love to watching them play..even the 2 rabbits were hopping in a playful manner. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Oh that is a great one!! Just like a kid stopping to have a snack!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

LOL Nanny, looks like your squirrels were have some great fun.

Nice relaxing pose your juvie has, Burd. Your squirrels sneaking up on the rabbits would have been nice on a video, too bad you didn't have the camera. I also get amused, by watching young ones play.

The pond area has been very busy these past few day.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

It's her favorite place to hang out. So many places to hide from predators. She's a new mama.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Everett, WA(Zone 8b)

In my area, gardeners call them Fuzzy-tailed Rats because they cause so mush havoc in the garden.

Someone, somewhere, leaves peanuts in the shell out for them, which also attracts REAL rats. The squirrels bury them in the gardens and even in potted plants on my patio! I remove any that I find while weeding, but of course the squirrels haven't figured that out, so they dig up my plants again when they come back looking for the nut. Occasionally they knock over a pot (terra cotta) and the dirt spills out. If I don't see it for a few days the plant gets dried out. The pots sometimes break.

Here is a picture of one raiding my suet feeder, which I can no longer use because of the squirrels.

Our whole neighborhood has low-slope, tar-down roofs. The squirrels take the nuts up to the roof to eat, leaving the shells. Peanut shells recently clogged one of my downspouts during a heavy rainstorm...what a mess that created.

Just so you know why many people may not agree that squirrels are cute.

Thumbnail by gardennut10
Melbourne, FL

I love that Chipmunk, burn. So adorable! I can relate to your squirrel problems, gardennutt, I'm sure ALL of us squirrel people have had similar damage done by them over the years. It does not stop us from admiring them and enjoying their antics.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2010 6:36 AM

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

So cute!

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots Burn and Gardennut! GP that shot needs to be on the wall. Very nice capture!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Lol.. Burns yoru chippy looks so cut e standing there saying like this is my best pose ya like it. LOL

Oh ya they dig in every pot I have and dump em too, but still enjoy them.

Hahahha Gp for sure and with some nice cute caption about the lay days of summer to go with it. Wish I could find a nice cool place like that and just hang out with no a care in the world. : )

I have had my share of battles with them. I have lost at least a half dozen feeders to squirrles and raccoons both. But the chipmunks are the thorns in my side!

Everyone will tell you to put out safflower seed because lots of birds like it and the squirrles don't . Well at my house they have adapted and if that is what I am serving that is what they are eatin'! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I threw sunflower and cracked corn on the ground to keep the big birds and squirrels out of my feeders. It worked very well for the crows and blue jays, and 95% of the time for the squirrels. A real 'win' for me ^_^

Sandusky, OH

Nice shot Nanny! Yes they can be a real pain sometimes! This juvy tore up the seat on my wicker chair because I didn't put the peanuts out at the normal time...what a brat! lol This pic is right after I seen him jump off the chair...I went outside and there was foam every where. I let him know about it too. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Will be starting a new thread back with the link....

New thread is here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1112111/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.