Squirrel Pics Vol. 14

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

He would come down...get some suet and then go sit here and eat it!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Mommy squirrel having some suet.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

"Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" (I hope there are others who remember that commercial.)

Thumbnail by gardenpom

LOL...and I do remember that commercial!!

Sandusky, OH

Nice collection of Squirrel shots everyone!! This guy laid where there was a cool spot, not to many cool spots when the leave's are not out and its sunny and 85f. lol

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I LOL'd! I certainly do remember that commercial and that squirrel looks so very much like he is asking for it.

awwww...trying be sooo cute...LOL!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

GP, lol great caption for the grey poupon shot. Loved your close up shots of the one with the nut.

Burd, yours looks quite comfy on that stump,

Nanny, aww, but he is so cute. :))

No more squirrel in my yard, I kinda miss them too, I never had more then 2 here, at a time.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I need help with a crow. Now my squirrels have made a mess of my plants and killed a lot of them with their digging and hunting, but I tolerate it cu they do make me laugh when they playing.

Earlier in the year I ha d crow, huge ones all hanging around. All of them have left but one. This one is mean and a killer.

Was out in the yard the other day and heard this crying. Thought maybe it was just a baby squirrel calling for its mom hungry. The cries was pitiful and so I started looking to the woods ground in case it fell out of the tree .

It had by the rump and tail in it's claws sitting on a branch one of the baby squirrels. I saw red and got so upset. I went flying into the woods, yelling and waving my arms and got the crow to drop the baby before it could make off with it.

I don't know what to do to get this crow to move on some place else and leave the babies alone. I didn't know crows were even meat eaters.

Melbourne, FL

I remember a day I saw a flock of Crows going after a Mockingbird nest. Some kept the parents busy while others took the babies, one by one. It was sickening. It's just nature, but I bet the next breeding season, the Mockingbirds built a better concealed nest.

Melbourne, FL

Another cute squirrel pose.

Thumbnail by gardenpom

I know it is hard to witness these things a lot of times. I saw one fly by with a robin once. I am not sure what you could do to get rid of it. Maybe raise a ruckus when ever you see it to scare it off. It will probably move one was the easy meals are gone. The owls here take to roosting across the road when the squirrels have their summer babies. Easy meals for the young owls I think.

I always throw our chicken and turkey carcasses where the crows will find them and they love it. They liked our big ham shank bone too! I don't find these things upsetting for the most part, but I know lots of folks do. Sure wish I could help you out. I know it really upset you.

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

The Ravens, Crows and I have an agreement, during the winter I will give them food, but only outside the fenced area. If they come inside that area they get chased away! They are very smart and for the most part stay outside the fenced area. I do not feed them in the summer because they kill anything they can find that is smaller then they are.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Little guy doing some cleaning...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Sandusky, OH

Nice shots everyone!!

Quote from gardenpom :
Another cute squirrel pose.

Must have been a nice high-wire act...looks like he's taking a bow...thankyou thankyou oh please your all too much thankyou...lol

Their balance is amazing! Since I have quit putting out the dishes they are not coming around as much. They have stopped by to much some of the seed pods on the maple tree a few times.

Melbourne, FL

Sitting high up in the tree with a peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

And another running down the line.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Cute shots. I like watching them when they cleaning. such teeny tiny hands to try and work with but yet they do manage.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

GP, Your yard must be a real playground for your squirrels.
Va-wild-rose, great shot of your Squirrel.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I love everyone's photos. These squirrels are such characters.

This Gray Squirrel came up on the second floor deck, then tried to climb the rod to check out the orange I had out for the birds.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Sorry I had the camera a little crooked. Anyway, it almost made it to the orange, then heard one of my dogs barking for me to let them out on the deck. That did it and the squirrel took off.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Duc, good one, they seem to figure out almost anything, don't they?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I had fits yesterday. Puleld into my drive and there in the middle of it was one of my squirrels. Don't know what its problem was. It was standing on its back legs, not eating or anything, but was like its own little one person protest show. It refused to move out the way. Even when I moved the car up closer it held its ground. Honked and it still wouldn't move. Finally had to get out and head towards it before it gave me another nasty look and finally went up the tree. Never had one do that before. Still has me scratching my head wondering what it wanted. Surely not for me to drive it to the corner store for nuts? LOL

Marlton, NJ

Great shots duc!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL Starlight! I wonder what it was thinking..

Melbourne, FL

He found a triple peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

What a treat!!!

Bonus Day!! lol

This fellow stopped long enough to pose for me...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Then off he went!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

This was taken back in Winter (You remember Winter, don't you?).
Not the best picture (through a window), but the pose more than made up for it.

"WHAT'RE YOU LOOKIN' AT"

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Melbourne, FL

Cute!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,
I meant to tell you all last night how amazing all your pictures are!! The clarity & detail on some of them is incredible.

It was fairly late when I uploaded my picture last night & I was pretty tired. It was my first upload on DG (except for the one I tried a few minutes before on the "Test" forum). I was trying to figure out why it came out so huge. Most of your pictures are blown up to a more reasonable size. I guess I'll have to do more experimenting. I also could use more than the 3x optical zoom I'm using.

Anyway, I hope you guys keep those beautiful pictures coming!

ahhhh....I have seen that look here. I had one that knocked on the sliding door! That is how they suck us all into feeding them! LOL

Do you have a program on your computer to resize your photos? I use a Microsoft program that was free download to resize mine.

Be sure to share more pics....nice to met you!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks gardenpom & nanny_56 for the encouragement.

Nanny_56, thank you for the input on resizing.

I found the Microsoft free download, but decided to first see if I had it already on my computer.

I first tried it on a very old program, but it didn't seem to work very well. We have a new program that has so much on it, it's going to take a while to get into it. So, just for the heck of it, I tried it on Image Zone & it actually had a very simple resizing feature. DUH!! I didn't even know it was there. Boy do I feel dumb.

Sooooo, thanks again for your help. I'll try to upload more pics, but my camera isn't the greatest so they probably won't be crystal clear.

We just enjoy everyones pics. We don't judge!

In case you go over to the Birdwatching Forum....we have a thread just for our BAD shots! LOL

In case you want to look ...and yes I am there! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1089654/

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

nutaboutnature, that's a great shot of the squirrel, and great caption as well. Don't be shy about posting. I'm also on the awful thread. Have to take a lot of shots for one good one sometime. ;))

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahhaha.. Cute shot and caption Nuts. : )

Shoot I the baddest pic taker. I hangout here, but ya only see a couple of pics from me cuz they all so bad. Heck I may shoot 50 pics at one time and still not have a decent one.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Me too, Starlight. I wish that I could take better pictures...

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Watched from above...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.