Seed starting?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Build it and they will come pewjumper. My heebiejeebie worms were surfacing everywhere and making bumps and hills. Once we made the compost they migrated there cuz I was watering it to get it cooking and they have not made bumps and hills anywhere since. We and the giant heebiejeebie worms are living happily everafter ^_^

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

These sound like gofer sized worms! I'm not sure I've ever seen worms that make hills and bumps.

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Nightcrawlers make hills and bumps - and they can get big. Go out on a warm night after a rain (or after you've watered) - they should be out crawling around on the surface looking for other nightcrawlers.

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Pollengarden & Dahlianut,

Have you been watching "Dune" or "Tremors" ?

LOL

Sonny

Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

Haven't seen Dune recently, but I own Tremors as a boxed set. I was surprised to find out it was categorized as a horror film - I thought it was supposed to be a comedy. My personal favorite is Tremors III.

Tremors 4 is the prequel set in the old West. Tremors III is the one where they are in the dump shooting the flying monsters with flaming arrows, then they escape the dump in an old boat trailer with a blue tarp over it. In the end they capture one of the things and sell it to "Siegfried and Roy".

The night-crawlers I hunted at night as a kid were smaller than the ones in Tremors.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2010 11:06 AM

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Oh, no (groan)! Isn't Tremors III the one set in like the Old West? Tremors is DEFINITELY a comedy in my book!

Littleton, CO(Zone 5a)

I agree, comedy. And I would have to say, those are definitely not the kind of worms I want in my yard! Sometimes, bigger is NOT better. ; )

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

LOVE the original Tremors movie, don't think I've seen the others, so I'll have to put those on my watch list. Definitely comedy!

Gotta put those worms to work, although tremor worms are liiitle big for my project!

LOL

Sonny

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

They were kind of destructive too...

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

As a veterinarian I think about the huge stomach ache that a Robin would have with that one worm. LOL

Soferdig,

You know darn good & well that every robin within miles would be sizing up any worm no matter how big! The magpies would be fantasizing....In Snowmass I once watched a mouse running across the parking lot, chased very closely by a weasel and right behind them was a magpie. I wish I would have had a video!

Sonny

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes I love food chain chases. I was in one once hunting a deer when I heard a crack behind me and there was a Cougar. Thank goodness I had a rifle and fired over him/her and they left. Needless to say I have always been cautious to look behind me when hunting or hiking. Though any cat could take me out without a sound. I also had another experience with a coug while camping out in the winter near glacier park. I skied down about a mile to a river in a full moon to sit and enjoy the light and late night activity. After a couple of cigarettes and a very cold beer I got up to put back on my skiis and on top of the skiis was a lion track that had stalked me all the way down the trail. My skiis were inches behind me!!!!

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

That must have warmed you up quickly!

My favorite predator chase was during a boat ride on our river, watching a bald eagle with a fish in its talons being mobbed by an osprey which in turn was being mobbed by a crow which was being mobbed by a fierce little Eastern kingbird.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow! Amazing and scary stories!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.