2010 Garden Photos - Part 2

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

woo hoo!!

South Hamilton, MA

Crocus in 3 different places. while there were only 4 snowdrops, 2 of the are still in bloom. Our first set of I. reticulata 'Harmony' are in bloom. Oops, have to get the iris logbook.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Been there, done that. ^_^

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wise guy - i also have three or four batches of them lucy - did not want to bore victor with more crocus:)

South Hamilton, MA

He can close his eyes, we all like to look at them. Anyone know about hybridizing crocus? Very tempting pollen on them. ' Harmony 'reticulata is blooming in a tight bunch along the driveway, there was once a large group of them there, then a single plant. Perhaps these are increases on the single.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice - still waiting for the ones i planted in clumps last fall

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my ret. iris are just starting to poke up through the ground.. so excited!!!

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

I took my dog on a long walk today and saw a yard with a bunch of crocus in bloom and some daffodils almost in bloom...very exciting. It's almost really here!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have volunteer crocus in the veggie garden, with no idea where they came from unless they survived the compost pile. Ric

I've never planted a single crocus, HollyAnn...they just show up wherever they feel like it. I have a few popping up in some potted hostas next the the house. (I guess they spread by seed??)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

:)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

not quite open yet.. but close!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, everyone! Today and yesterday I had no time to take pics. Worked all day.

Looks like everyone has lots of nice crocus and such. Lots of signs of spring everywhere!

LOL! Weedy, you're funny! Yes, I had to get on the ground for those shots. Talk about lack of dignity for a fat, middle aged lady like me flat on the ground taking pics of flowers. And getting up is a bit of a job. I'm trying to do something about my weight and am working on strength training now, so hopefully, with more lean muscle and less fat, eventually all that getting down on the ground and getting back up will be easier for me.

Oh, nice to see you have cyclamen, JoAnn! Woohoooooo!!!!!!! Exciting!

Noreaster, is the soil in your hosta pots from your gardens? Maybe you got a stray bulb in there with the soil. I get them here and there, too, where I never knew I had them.

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm not going to bother to pay WFF for the natueralizing collection and a map to how to get "the look"
I'll just throw thw mixed bulbs on the ground and let the squirrils decide.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

JM just beautiful in the afternoon sun

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

JoAnn you just reminded me to look if my Harry has catkins yet

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Maybe you do.Your 3 weeks ahead of me.
We are just getting catkins on the River Berch

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'm months ahead.... these were not seen until may last year it was so cold and rainy.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

noid crocus

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Edited to correct name: "Romance"

This message was edited Mar 21, 2010 5:33 AM

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fuschia Pink hellebore bud.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Cream with pink

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Purple crocus's too!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice!!!.. I planted some mini daffs last fall too...can't wait!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The ones up by the foundation are the first to sprout....I have a nice clump coming up too.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am so amazed how far ahead you are... weren't you cursing me out last year???

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I checked March pictures from last yer and there were no crocus where I have then now. Ithink we are a couple of weeks ahead.
Also Dicentras.

I got some crocus popping up - saw them yesterday

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Allison I was, so are you cursing me out this year? LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes of course

:)

Thomaston, CT

Lovely spring photos! Loved the Harmony iris, & your cyclamen, Jo, & all those wonderful hellebores! Someone in town had a huge display of white & purole crocus in front of their stone wall....I'm planting more!

Wow - did Brian steal my giant magnifying glass idea?!!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great pics today, everyone! I did not get any shots today, but I have deep purple crocus blooming and one of my hellebore buds was open, too. I did a lot of cleaning up of beds, cut back the old foliage on the hellebores, and such today. I'm beat! What a gorgeous day it was. In the 70's here. I loved every minute of it.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I got a lot of cleaning and pruning done today, but no digging which I need to do soon. Lots popping up. Here are a few from today. Snowdrops still going strong. I only took a few shots as I was too busy trying to get all the mess from the last storm cleaned up. Nothing big, but lots of small stuff strune about.

Pixie, But no Narcissus here yet, though there is one that should pop tomorrow or on Monday. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Very nice, Patti!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, Thanks, I will post all the pretty yellow crocus tomorrow if I get a shot of them. One cultivar is a tiny yellow one that is charming and wonderful in mass, but I think it is mislabeled. It is much small than anything else I grow. I think I will need help with it's Id, but the picture I snapped today of it was useless for that or anything for that matter. Deleted it!

The Best news is that we had a zillion honey bees working the crocus today and yesterday. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Lovely collage, Patti! I was at Lowe's today, and they had heather out with lots of honey bees at it. Wonderful!

Karen

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful collage Patti!!!!

That collage is wonderful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.