RU Thoughts

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So far only Geo and guest are confirmed for KY Group.
Maybe 1/2 hour more.
Bonnie's been sick and the date is a bit far out to tell I'd say.
It's closer or about the same as Chilo for her though.
All Hwy.
Closer for Marcy, Ester, Lou,
30 miles closer from Columbus than Chilo.

38 miles for us. So 10 miles further but same time frame.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

sorry folks, but would someone just dm me the name and address, I still can't find it on mapquest....

Jan(et)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here you go. Try this! http://www.co.warren.oh.us/parks/parks/armco.htm

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll send it to you too. I just wanted to try the link first. :)

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

got it thanks so much badseed.

I appreciate it.

Janet

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I will be there with my son,dil,and Little D
Pauletta

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Excellent!
Be good to see you all again!

Ric

Crossville, TN

You are now listed with all the other RU'S Jo

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/557555/

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi guys!

I will try to make it with some glass. George you still owe me Dutchman's Breeches and trilliums so if you have them mark them before they die. Does anybody need any yarrow? You all know what I want! Any kind of shade wild flowers but especially VIOLETS!! The lilacs I got from somebody a couple of years ago are growing nicely. And all of my violets are in bloom.

Rebecca

Columbus, OH

Rebecca! I feel like I owe you something for the glass you gave me last year. Candles? Soap? One of my billion-zillion calamint plants? Something? I may have viola seedlings, it's early to see if they'll come up. Helen Mount and some kinda black.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rebecca!
Good to hear from you!

Wild Violets?

Ric

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene,

Soap would be great or violas.

Ric,

Any violets that are white, blue, or purple.

Thanks.

Rebecca

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll pot some violas up for you, and I saw some Trillium yesterday. I'll get whatever wild I can find going for you!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello Rebecca!!
I have moved from my shady hollow, but went on a nature walk yesterday and saw some dutchman britches and I will search for some trillium also. I will get you some. I just don't know how many yet. I also saw some viola and will share some with you also.(I love them also)
Geo

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

George,

If you don't have them that's OK. I get out of touch when we go to Mexico for the winter.

Rebecca

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Rebecca!!! So good to see you!
I will bring you some more Confederate violets if you want?
Looking forward to seeing you again!
Marcy

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Marcy,

Yes I love those confederate violets!

Rebecca

Columbus, OH

If anyone wants calamint, tell me soon. Otherwise, I'm weeding them out.

Columbus, OH

I'm going to prune my Hakura Nishiki willow and my Diabolo ninebark--does anyone want me to save cuttings for them? The willow is easy, the ninebark will take a bit to root, but I'll throw the cuttings in pots and get them started.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Shadowgarden,

You are invited to make a day trip over here to Indiana , where you can dig and keep over a hundred violet plants. Mostly they are blue and white and some of the dark purple ones. DH thinks they are weeds and that I should be out there digging the weeds out. I planted them in the shade garden because I like them. They are all in bloom now along with my anemones and Lamium. I think they they are very pretty, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder only, so they will have to go. LOL
Lou

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, I have tried and tried to root that willow from cuttings and have yet to get one to survive. What is the secret?? LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Chele I used your method and had great success.
Threw the cuttings in the pond, by accident.
100% rooting.

Celene which Calamint are you offering?

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd love to have a ninebark, Celene...

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Ric! The pond is a little further from the house since I moved!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Ninebark is a good addition to about any yard.
We got one from our neighbor Eric.
Love it. Does great in containers too!

Columbus, OH

For the willows, I use a small child's bucket of water to root them. No big secret!

The calamint is regular old calamint, nothing special, but it makes a good digestive tea. The ninebark is lovely, it has dark foliage and white blooms. I'll try and root cuttings if anyone wants, otherwise I'll just toss 'em.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celene I would love some Calamint.

Question have your little purple monsters emerged yet?

Ric

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Celene I would love to have some Hakura Nishiki willow and Diabolo ninebark.

Pauletta

Columbus, OH

Okey doke, I'll start some willow and ninebark. The ninebark takes longer to root, and I'll do several of each, just in case. And pot up calamint. It is a lovely tea herb, it's a pretty little plant always covered in blooms and bees and butterflies, it's good with lamb, but it's quite prolific ;)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Celene...how do you root the ninebark?
And Ric...in a container?????? My ninebark is huge! In fact, Dave just cut it in half ! It was taller than him...and a whole lot bigger around....LOL!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bonsai Bark....

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ahhh!!!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I know I'm late in checking in but Celene do you have any more Calamint and Ninebark? I would love to try them provided you took extra cuttings when you were talking about this.

Janet

Columbus, OH

I just filled up a couple of pots with cuttings, so if they take, there should be plenty. There will ALWAYS be plenty of calamint. And Kentucky Colonel Spearmint!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm always in for some KY C Spearmint, do you have extra of that???

I just made a fast and I mean fast trip to Columbus this past sunday, needed to pick up some clems and back home in a hurry,,,,, but going going going so fast has really made me tried....

Janet

Columbus, OH

I'll pot that up for you. It grows up between the pavers in the path to my garden, I'm constantly weeding it out. All that I have to say for that, is don't blame me. It's vigorous.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey Rebecca
I went on a wood walk and found so far blue violets and white with pale blue throat violets(Pic to come. Really nice violet. I wish the pic was better) and I also found trillium, Dutchman britches, blood root, dogs tooth violets. I just went a little up the hollow. I expect to find more goodies. Oh and Bernie, I found you a dogwood or 2. If any one thinks they might want some of these please speak up. When they go dormant that's it. I can't find them again.
Geo
The pics are not great. Sorry old camera.

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy
morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

The blue ones

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Couple more

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

This is my favorite color on trees. Just waking up.
Geo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.