RU Thoughts

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it appears it's time to start planning the Spring 2010 ORVG RU.

Last year we held it on Saturday, June 10th.
I'm not sure when the KY RU is being held.

So throwing out Memorial Day Weekend which Saturday around June 12th works for you?
Is this too late a date?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Where will it be?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Probably w/in 30 miles of Cincy.
We usually get a date then pick a place.
We've been trying for something around the first weekend in June.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I could likely make that.

Columbus, OH

Having it later in June is better for me. I'll have more tropical seedlings ready to trade, for those who are interested. Or soap, lotion or candle stuff.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

most weekends are good for me as I really want to make it to this so I can meeting folks and get faces with names.

If yall would like I would be happy to make names tags for everyone. I would like to put your real name first, then your DG name under so we all can figure out who is who>>>>LOL

Janet

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

No way I can make the first weekend of June.
That's my 50th class reunion...high school. And all 3 days are part of it!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bring them along!
That one room schoolhouse only held what, 15 people.

Ric

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Ric...I'll have you know..there were 32 people in my graduating class!! And most are still alive! Think maybe we have lost 4 people?
I can come any weekend in June but that one....but whatever works for you all.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lost going to the outhouse?

Just to be sure you are talking June 5-7 correct?

Any suggestions Gang?

Ric

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

yes ric....on the date that is!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I'll be there and be bringing a non subscribed person with me. He is on DG, but has not paid the dues yet. He is into heritage vegetables and other "old fashion" plants.
Geo

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Any date is pretty good for me as long as someone will offer me a place to sleep! Too long a drive otherwise.

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

I just want to go so will keep checking back for when you all decide on a date.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, the 12th works for me, and Darius, shall I reserve your room? ^_^
Does that mean George that you won't be wanting your room reservations? Still a standing offer.

We had talked about trying to do the Armco park which is close to me, but I love the site it's been the last two RUs I've attended and I think it's fairly central to our southern people. If you want me to look in to the Armco park site, let me know.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We're shaking off the winter...lol!

Thanks Cookie. I thought I had my reservation but nice to have it confirmed. I haven't talked to George since he was in the throes of moving, but I will call him soon. If his new house has enough space, I may ask to stop there before coming to Ohio, and bring him along like last year.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey Darius
We have your bed reserved. The only thing is I am bringing another DGer in my truck. Maybe Neal can ride with you? Thanks Cookie for the offer of a room, but my friend and I will have to come home after the RU. Can't wait!!
Geo

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay...that means I'll have a spare bed if anyone needs it!

Sure Neal can ride with me. I assume he's on the way, or not too far off the path?

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

OOOOHHHH I am getting so excited!!!! This will be my first round up...so on that note...
what are the rules of etiquette for such a thing? ***sheepish grin and shrug?***

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I June 12 good for every one?

I can throw it out on the main thread.
Have a few Cubit's Members interested too!

Armco Park Joyce was speaking of is very well located for Member's North and West.
Basically in Middletown, OH for reference. (actually on St Rt 741)
No pets I know for sure.... Josie as a service dog is exempt......
They say no carry in alcohol citing it's a state law. So I guess they sell alcohol......

Or I can check Steamboat again for openings.
Any other suggestions?

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Newcomers pay for everything and clean up. ;-)

'rules of etiquette' at a RU?
I don't think that has ever come up.
If etiquette was required most of us would be banned! LOL!

Ahhhh Rules:
Show up.
Have Fun.
Talk a Lot.
Eat a Lot.
Take lots of Pictures.
Don't let the Chickens out!
Tease Sue.
Hide the Cookies......
Take home lots of stuff.
Think that's all......

If it's at a County Park there's a permit fee and a parking fee.
Permit is in advance....
parking pass when you get there.... think it was 2 bucks or 5 if you want a year pass

Ric

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Silly Ric.... I meant, what do I need to bring? Do I bring plants? do we trade plants? Do I bring seeds? do we trade seeds? I am a total newbie to this.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Simple answer yes if you'd like.

The only rules are show up, meet everyone and have fun....PERIOD.
There is absolutely no obligation other than that.

If you'd like to set up personal trades in advance, bring plants to swap, bring food, condiments, etc ... that is totally optional.
It's kind of loaves and fishes.....

Think of it as a Family Reunion and you get to pick your Family.

The one thing I don't care for at Steamboat is the remote Shelter vs Parking Lot.
I find it spreads everyone out too much. But that may just be me.

Ric

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Ok, now I know...I will be there come snow or high water! lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

You will I'm sure have a Blast.

Columbus, OH

You will...I'm shy and everyone was wonderful!

(Zone 5b)

Wow, finally meeting DG'ers, plants, food, FUN and no rules - sounds like a GREAT time and I'll be there if I have to start walking through the snow now! Julie you can hitch a ride with me if you want, that is if we can stand to leave our chicks for a while LOL.

I'm so excited about meeting everyone!

Annie

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Now Annie, We had chicken trading at the spring RU last year. What type of chickens do you have?? I even trade hatching eggs.
George

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

this is sounds like way to much fun to miss. I've got the date marked down, but I have no idea where the place is, does anyone have an address so I can google it?

thanks

Janet

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Uhm.....please don't talk to Annie about chickens....PLEASE?!?!?!?!?! She gets really excited about chickens. And if you talk to her about trading? Oh my! then you say something about trading eggs? I see an incubator in her future! lol

Just kidding Annie.........But yes, I would love to ride down there with you. I am excited about going.

(Zone 5b)

George, you're torturing me!!! Julie and I are on a chicken mission so between the two of us there should be something with feathers to trade. We wanted Silkies because 1) they're cute & friendly and 2) they go broody so we use them instead of an incubator... but an electric incubator sounds like an idea I shouldn't be given!!

Is there an exact date and place set yet? I'm as excited about the RU as I am about getting the chicks!!

Annie

Columbus, OH

I'll trade food eggs for soap stuff or plants...can't have chickens where I live.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celene you can have chickens.
But like us you need to keep them in the Freezer...... ;-)
But being a veggie I doubt .... lol!

Ric

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Celene

I made all natural soap and lotion products if you want to do some trading......

How are your clems doing? Are you going to Deb's this spring to see her garden?

Janet

Columbus, OH

Janet, I have a bunch of EO's that I'm unlikely to use...ditto for some Aussie Clays. I'd be happy to trade! My soaps and stuff are less natural--I use FD&C colorants and FO's, but I have EO and clay/oxide colorant bars, too.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh........

So what in particular are you looking for in the soap, I read it wrong and thought you were looking for handmade bars of soap?

Let me know as I have lots of supplies.....LOL

Janet

Columbus, OH

Me too! We'll have to chat before the RU.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

for sure

Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.