CLOSED: " SPRING 2010 SEED ROBIN "

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, I'd love some herbs! Except for basil - I've got Italian basil seedlings coming up already - about 2 dozen!

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I recently saw this plant on a trade list somewhere and I can't forget about it. I'd love to add it to my garden. Does anyone have seeds from Tidy Tips -Layia platyglossa? The yellow daisy-like flowers with white edges are so cute and cheerful. If you have some Tidy Tips seeds and since it looks like I will be getting the Round Robin box first, I can put something in the box with your name on it, or send seeds directly to you.

Linda

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Linda, I have a pack I received in a trade, send me your addy and I'll get them out to you. Annette

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

see how great our dger's are so giving :)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'D LIKE TO JOIN ALSO IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE.
DISPATCHER1 LOU

Gottcha Lou your on the list .
Have a great day everyone
susie

Munden, KS

If it's not too late I would like to join.Karen W in KS

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I went to go collect seeds from by seed folder, so I could start a few (who can wait?!?), and I can't find my pepper seeds! That is, the jalapeno and the tobasco pepper seeds that I got thru the pepper co-op last year.

Does anyone have any jalapeno and/or tobasco pepper seeds?

Kwolflady I have you on the list & welcome I'm starting to get my energy back & Not Bent over with pain much now :) So will try to get these Robins ready to fly .

SYR sorry I don't have any hot pepper But
There will be packs of chocolate , Orange , Yellow, & Red Bell Pepers I'm Asking that you all will please take out 6-10 Seeds from a pk so others can also get a few. there is plenty in the pks for at lease
15 players to take 6 of each .

I Hope to have the robin Ready to Fly MONDAY March 8th

& Yes There is Going to be 2 ROBINS going out :) Both ROBIN will have the same Amount Of Stops
& I will POST ROBIN 1 LIST & ROBIN 2 LIST :)
will keep you all posted .

susie

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

That's great you're feeling better!

Sorry I don't have hot pepper seeds, Syrumani. Hope somebody else will.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for letting me know. There is the possibility of a side trade, so all is good! ^_^

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Syrumani

I have Arbol chile peppers - super hot ...
I have a bunch of these ...

Susie,
I'd like to try the chocolate pepper :D

ok gottcha chocolate peppers .

We HAVE ROOM FOR 3 More Players . So Send Me Your INFo IF You want to Join US .

susie

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I would love to join. It sounds like fun. I have many annuals, a few perennials, many tomatoes, lettuce and just a couple of peppers.

Evelyn

EVELYN You have mail

ARE HAVE OUR LIMIT KEEP WATCH FOR THE LINE UP May TAKE ME A FEW DAYS BUT I WILL KEEP CHECKING BACK WITH YOU ALL HERE SOON .

SUSIE

CRIS316 Need your address lost dmail can you please contact me

thank you

These are seed I Have BOUGHT BOTH 08 /09 & 09/10 I Have kepted out what I want & Here is what I Have
Left .
i have 2 sites for this seed robin & will be Posting on both sites so anyone asking for seeds will get the seeds 1 st post by time of post Some i only have a few packs of .

To be fair To all PLEASE PICK UP TO 3 BUT NOT OF THE SAME SEEDS TY
the rest will be Placed into the box with the rest of the seeds .
PLEASE LIST THEM HERE
thank you all .

NEW WaterMelon Orangesweet 3 Pks 10 seeds ea
NEW Dk Green Hubbard Squash 2pks 6 Seeds ea
NEW Bells of ireland 1 Pk
NEW Baby Spinach 1 pks
NEW Swis Chard "Neon Lights " 2 pks
NEW Cilantro 6 Pks
NEW Cumin 5 pks
NEW Anise 8 pks
NEW Fennel 8 pks
NEW Loose Leaf Lettuce "Ruby" 4 Pks
NEW Romaine lettuce "vivian" 6 Pks
NEW Chicory 1 pk
NEW Chervil "Curly" 6 Pks
NEW Alyssum "Wonderland Citron" 3 Pks
NEW Anaphalis Triplinervis 1 Pk
NEW Agastache "Rugosa 1 Pk
NEW Agastache :Rupestris" 1 Pk
NEW Asperula Azure " Blue Surprise " 2 Pks
NEW Campanula " Telham Beauty" 1 pk
NEW Cosmo "Candy Stripe" 4 Pks
NEW Crucianella (Phuopsis)stylosa crosswort GONE
NEW Delphinium Pacific Gt Round Mixed 6Pks
NEW Delphinium Butterfly Mix" 4 Pks
NEW Helichrysum KingSize 'Silver Rose 1 Pks

<

This message was edited Mar 3, 2010 7:43 PM

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I would love to try some
Agastache Cana "Heather Queen"
Crucianella (Phuopsis)stylosa crosswort
Helichrysum KingSize 'Silver Rose

Deb

gottcha deb ty

Belton, TX

I would love to plant the agastache 'licorice blue' and 'blue delight' if they are available...in fact, ANY agastache is great!...

Susie, could you set aside 1 each please of:

Baby Spinach
Loose Leaf Lettuce "Ruby"
Variegated Salad Mix

TY!
Susan

Gottcha susan

Going to sign off soon have Kids coming so got to get my desk cleaned off :))))
have a good evening back tomorrow

susie

Hey Susie,

I would like ... Alyssum "Wonderland Citron" .... I LOVE Alyssums :D
& either of the Delphinium - you choose :D

Thank you,
Brandy

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Could you please put my name on a pack of the Asperula Azurea and the Alyssum Wonderland Citron?

Thank you,
Linda

Brandy & Linda I have them put aside ty

Gottcha tx

NEW GUIDELINES
THIS IS 2010 & IT IS TIME WE CLEAN UP THESE ROBINS SO PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WANT INTO THIS ROBIN THEN PLEASE USE 2X3 ZIP LOCK BAGGIES FOR YOUR SEEDS . YOU CAN BUY THEM AT YOUR LOCAL WAL-MART STORES IN THE CRAFT DEPT NEXT TO THE BEADS . .97 CENTS FOR 100 .

NO MORE HANDMADE SEED PACKS MADE OF OLD CARDS OR BOOK PAGES WITH TAPE OR STAPLES
WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN THE PACKS & SHARE WITH OTHERS & SEE WHAT WE ARE GETTING.

IF YOU FEEL YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE LIST .

I'M NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE I'M TRYING TO MAKE THESE ROBINS CLEANER , NEATER ,EASIER TO SEE , EASIER TO READ , YOU CAN CUT UP NOTE PAPER TO PUT THE NAMES OF THE SEEDS INSIDE THE BAGGIES OR TAPE ON THE
OUTSIDE .

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WAL-MART OR CRAFT STORE IN YOUR TOWN THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE A PACK WITH YOU JUST DMAIL ME PLEASE .

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO SEE THE SEEDS BE ABLE TO OPEN THE PACKS TAKE OUT WHAT THEY NEED OR WANT .
& NOT HAVE TO FIGHT WITH TAPE & STAPLES .

SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT INTO THIS ROBIN PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUILDLINES WE WANT TO MAKE THESE FUN & EASY FOR ALL .
IF YOU GOT THE SEEDS FROM TRADE THAT IS OK JUST OPEN THEM POUR THEM INTO THE BAGGIES & LABLE THEM.
AS SUCH .

. NO PAPER ENVIES PLEASE

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Susie, thank you, have received many trades where seeds have spilled out of the home made envelopes and mixed in with the others, or stuck to the tape. Annette

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

So, sending full unopened seeds packages is not acceptable?

Rodger The NEW Unopen IS Fine As Long As They are for 2010 & Not All OF the same type 10/$1.00.

I'm Talking about the HANDMADE Seed Envies that are Made out of newspapers ,or cards , or book pages & Taped all around or Stapled all around .

ANNETTE Is right Seeds stick to the tape so its a waste .

Please If you want to use like 1/2 of a white envelope Fold it over at top & Tape it THIS IS A OK .
if you do not have the baggies . But I Do Put Baggies in the robin to use if you need .
Others also share a few baggies .

you can use The little 2x3 brown envies also that is not a Problem I know over the years we learned to make our own ,times are changing & I care what our Robin Looks like & You all Know If IT IS NOT PACKED RIGHT
You WON"T TRY IT .

SO WHITE / BROWN PAPER ENVIES ARE OK LABLED CLEARLY
SMALL MED LARGE ZIP LOCK ARE BETTER . to use LABLED CLEARLY

Just Don't want any TAPED OR STAPLED PKS

thank you
susie

Belton, TX

YEA, SUSIE! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

That's the way I've always done my seeds..didn't know I was so progressive LOL..

Thanks Susie :)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

If I am towards the beginning of the robin, I have plenty of the baggies to put in the box for others to use. And if nobody uses/needs them, then our dear host will have a few extra on her hands! ^_^

Sue , I sent in to you some seed packets that werer home made ... I wish I would've known a few days sooner before I sent them to you. I do have a bad habit of OVER taping things .... Some are also in the paper coin packets - which are OVER taped ... I apologize for thie ... If you'dlike me to mail some clear seed packs to you PLMK ... I use to only use the 2x3 paper coin packets ... money got tight for a bit so I made my own ... I will repackage the seeds I have that are in the home made envies! :D

Once again I apologize for the small home made packets I sent in...

I have about 50 extra seed packets I can share! PLMK

Brandy

Hi Everyone,
This same list is on the other seed Robin thread. Is anybody interested in these?

LETTUCES, loose-leaf or loose-leaf head varieties -- 8 seeds per pack.
Nevada
Romaine (noid)
Boston Bibb (noid)
Mesclun “Sweet Salad Mix”
Mesclun “Gourmet Greens Mixture”
Arugula Rocket

HERBS -- 8 seeds per pack
Basil (Genovese)
Basil (Sweet)
Dill
English Lavender
Mint (Spearmint)
Parsley (Flat Leaf)

VEGGIES -- 4 seeds per pack
Cucumber "Lemon"
Squash "Crookneck"
Zucchini "Black Beauty"

GOURDS -- 2 seeds per pack
Apple
Baby Bottle
Birdhouse
Bushel
Dipper
Nest Eggs
Snake
Swan

FLOWERS
Sunflowers (good supply, dwafts to giants)
Hardy Hibiscus (multiple colors)
Cock's Combs
Marigolds (I have a Quart size bag of seed-heads, these are dwarf size and are mixed colors)
Morning Glories, some Japanese (my choice, 1-2 seeds per pack)
Columbines (NOID yellow and purple)

The number of seeds per pack is a guideline depending on everyone's response. If I'm able to share more I will and is a small way for me to "pay it forward".
Susan

This message was edited Mar 5, 2010 9:56 AM

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Susie,

I am very glad you mentioned the homemade seed "envelopes." I am not snobby so I don't mean this that way. I usually have no problem with home made items. But when it comes to the tape and staples, and little bitty triangle shaped, folded a million times with a couple of seeds in there after you work so hard to get it open... I just don't like that. And I hate when all the seeds are stuck to the tape. It usually happens with powder fine seeds, so you can never get them off. I have never been in a round robin, but I did do a large swap like one you mentioned where everyone sent seeds to one person and she divided them out. We did get to have wish lists. It was fun. But there were several of thoses little folded to death packages. But there is always enough really good stuff to make it all worth while!

Carol

This message was edited Mar 4, 2010 7:48 PM

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

Sorry, all this is getting way to complicated for me. Please count me out of this one.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Dropping out, thank you.

If anyone needs clear packs d-mail me you addy!! Seriously people ... I have some to share & can have them mailed out to you tommorow or monday! =D Please don't be afraid to ask ... =D I bought a box at michaels that that has 175 (minus maybe 25 to 30) yesterday! I'm always up for sharing .... They are the 2x3 plastic heavy duty "crafting" packs. PLMK!!

Our walmart sells 100 for $3.50 ... Of course that's just how our wally world is ... lol ... prices always seems higher here in Jax than other places ... lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.