CLOSED: " SPRING 2010 SEED ROBIN "

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING PLANTING
NEW GUIDELINES
EDITED TO SAY : THIS IS 2010 & IT IS TIME WE CLEAN UP THESE ROBINS SO PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WANT INTO THIS ROBIN THEN PLEASE USE 1X2 , OR 2X3 ZIP LOCK BAGGIES FOR YOUR SEEDS . YOU CAN BUY THEM AT YOUR LOCAL WAL-MART STORES IN THE CRAFT DEPT NEXT TO THE BEADS . .97 CENTS FOR 100 .

NO MORE HANDMADE SEED PACKS MADE OF OLD CARDS OR BOOK PAGES WITH TAPE OR STAPLES
WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN THE PACKS & SHARE WITH OTHERS & SEE WHAT WE ARE GETTING.

IF YOU FEEL YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL REMOVE YOUR NAME FROM THE LIST .

I'M NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE I'M TRYING TO MAKE THESE ROBINS CLEANER , NEATER ,EASIER TO SEE , EASIER TO READ , YOU CAN CUT UP NOTE PAPER TO PUT THE NAMES OF THE SEEDS INSIDE THE BAGGIES OR TAPE ON THE
OUTSIDE .

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WAL-MART OR CRAFT STORE IN YOUR TOWN THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE A PACK WITH YOU JUST DMAIL ME PLEASE .

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO SEE THE SEEDS BE ABLE TO OPEN THE PACKS TAKE OUT WHAT THEY NEED OR WANT .
& NOT HAVE TO FIGHT WITH TAPE & STAPLES .

SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT INTO THIS ROBIN PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUILDLINES WE WANT TO MAKE THESE FUN & EASY FOR ALL .
IF YOU GOT THE SEEDS FROM TRADE THAT IS OK JUST OPEN THEM POUR THEM INTO THE BAGGIES & LABLE THEM.
AS SUCH .

. NO PAPER ENVIES PLEASE

Do you have extra seeds to share with others ???
Looking for a A Way to add New Color to your Flower Beds ???

Come Join Us Over 100 Packs to choose from Never know you may find somethings you didn't know you might want to try .

This Robin lands at your Doorstep all you do is Search the Nest for your favorite Goodies Then Fatten up the Nest & Send it off to the Next Stop .

Robin to start the New Spring Flight Possible By Mid March So Sign UP - TILL March 10 2010
Limit of 20 players or less .

IF YOU SEE ****** BY YOUR NAME I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS THANK YOU

Players
GARYON/GARY****************
ROBYNZNEST/ ROBIN ******************
PATTI1957*******************
MOMOFTWO607 /ERIN****************
IGROWINPA /LINDA*****************
MAUREENPMOO/MAUREEN**************
KOBWEBZ /ANNETTE*******************
IMZADI /***********************
BABSADVENTURE/*********************
SUAN50/SUSAN****************
TXAGGIEGAL/MARYANN*****************
ABLOOM /KATRINA*********************
CLANCAMPBELL /CHRIS***************************
FANCHER/WENDY*************
POISONDARTFROG/ALANA**************
YARDQUEEN1948/CAROL******************
FOTV/SUSAN********************
SYRUMANI / NICHOLE************************
SBGARDENS********************
MOMCAT************************

SPRING SEED ROBIN 2010
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1075683/

you can share SEEDS For Trees, Bushes , Flowers , Fruits, VEGGIES , Herbs,

TYPE Or Print on paper the info of the seeds & Put it into the baggies or tape it on the outside is fine .
New packs Unopened can be put into the robin if they have been opened please fold them over & maybe taped shut .

This message was edited Mar 6, 2010 7:54 AM

This message was edited Mar 7, 2010 8:48 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I'd love to join!

Sending:
Echinacea Paradoxa and White Swan
Dahlia Harlequin
Asclepias Tuberosa-Orange Butterfly Weed
Dianthus Siberian Blue and Sweetheart Mix
Hardy Hisbiscus-Hot Pink
Hosta-Blue Shadows and Plantaginea Grandiflora or August Lily
Impatiens-Dwarf Purple,Hot Pink,Red
Rudbeckia Toto Mix
Siberian Iris-Butter And Sugar, Steve, Skywings
Veronica Eveline
Daylily-Named Pod Parents only, no Stella

Interested In:
Leaf Lettuce
Annuals for cutting, such as Zinnia, Asters, Celosia,Snaps,Dwarf Sunflowers,Etc.
Dianthus
Carnations
Fresh Pansy seeds-found out they don't stay viable very long
Echinacea Prairie Splendor and Ruby Star
Sweet Annie
Interesting Perennial Penstemon and Salvia

Linda

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010 12:32 PM

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too, Annette have chaste tree, lobelia siphlitica and cardinalis, lots of cosmos, hostas various types, many, many annuals, tons of different hibiscus, many varieties of poppies, rudbeckias, echinaceas.Looking for anchusa, anything perennial that will grow in the shade Zone 5,

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010 2:30 PM

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i will do it

WELCOME EVERYONE
IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN EDIT YOUR POST WITH A FEW OF YOUR WANTS & WHAT YOU HAVE TO SHARE . JUST DON'T START NEW POST SO I CAN KEEP TRACK A LITTLE BETTER :)) & tHANK YOU MUCH .
ALSO SIGN YOUR NAMES PLEASE
TY
SUSIE

Belton, TX

I would love to join...

Seed Sharing: QIS Carmine Gompherna, crepe myrtle, daylily, yucca, stevia and basils, garlic, vegetable seeds, and lots of annuals...

Wants: open to most opportunities to grow something new!

Thanks, MaryAnn

WELCOME TO ALL :) ONCE WE REACH 20 PLAYERS THAT WILL BE IT. & I WILL POST THE ROUTE.
THANK YOU ALL .

SUSIE

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

count me in ---Rodger

Lyles, TN

I would love to do this! I'll make sure I contribute my share whether I have them or buy them!!!!
No standing for hours at Lowes reading backs of seed packs. I can do it in my recliner at home!
fancher

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010 8:00 PM

Lyles, TN

Would this include edibles as well as flowers?

This message was edited Feb 17, 2010 8:01 PM

YES THERE CAN BE

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I will play also! ^_^

Yardqeen/ Carol

gottcha carol & when i feel up to posting more i will add you to the top proble tomorrow

I need address for ABLOOM & Yours carol just dmail me with them please .

thank you & I will feel better tomorrow I'm sure :))) surgery went well today .

good nite all

susie

Hope it was nothing serious? Get well soon

Stanton, NE(Zone 4b)

Sign me up too!

I will send vegetable seed.

Japonica -ornamental Japanese corn
assorted colorful snap and shelling beans
globe artichoke
Titan sunflower

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 4:50 AM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 4:50 AM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You know I'm in, Susie.

I have several types of lettuce, heirloom tomatoes & peppers, sunflowers ranging in size from giants to dwarfs, multiple colors of hardy hibiscus, Elephant celosia "Cock's Combs", mixed colors of Marigolds, a few Japanese Morning Glories, yellow and purple Columbines, and not your everyday Herbs. Give me a day or two to check my seed stash and I'll see what else I can add.

igrowinpa, would you please save a few of your daylily seeds for me? (Thank you!)
And txaggiegal, I'd love to have a few of your Carmine Gompherna seeds. Also reserving Ornamental Peppers and Gourds. (Thank you!)

If there's anything I have that anyone's interested in, let me know and I'll be glad to reserve them for you in the Robin in a separate envelope with your name

Does anyone have Canterbury Bells?

This message was edited Feb 26, 2010 9:48 AM

Belton, TX

Hi, Susie...no problem with the QIS Carmines..I also have daylily seeds, ornamental peppers and some gourds...be happy to envelope..

I would love to have more Daylily seeds As long as they are not from the stellaoDors or Kawanso I have more then i need :)
any one have any MillionBells I Think they are called. ornamental millet, Canna seeds, other then red.

I Hope I didn't come across rude about the Robin I Enjoy sharing what I have With all of you, I Have done many of these robins & You would think I would Stop after Losing 3 of them from People who Just got the Robin & Dropped off the earth .

But I Keep on with Hopes of Finding Honest Gardeners who also respect other Gardener & enjoy sharing .
so far i have had 2 robins that were very successful :) & I know this one be a great one also . thank you all for wanting to share .

Won't Be long so get your seed boxes Dusted Off .
well you all have a great day I'm on the mend :))

susie

Belton, TX

Susie, I don't think you could ever be rude...sorry you have had bad experiences with the Robins...too bad there are those people that need the seeds enough to trade their honesty....glad you are on the mend. MaryAnn

Thank you Maryann I Have had Seed swaps where you all would send to me & I refill your envies But that was way to hard so that is why I just wanted to let you all go through & Pick your own wants :) & Some that you don't know you want :) there are some seeds that won't have but just a few seeds & I'm Sorry if they do not get you
we Have 20 players at this time but if you all don't mind I'm going to make up 2 robins & Start one in the west side of the states & The other in the east side of the us this way it will go just a little Quicker for you all I think :)
& Yes if you want to be able to go through the other robin just let me know & It will stay in the air to you :)

I've been working on this while laying back & will let you know what I come up with :)
hope everyone is haven a great day .

got to get back at it so you all have a great day .

susie

That sounds great, txaggiegirl. Thank you. Please mark the envy FOTV / Susan.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I would like to participate, please, if there is still space!

I have alot of morning glory seeds, cypress vine seeds, green bell pepper seeds . . . a decent variety . . . to put into the robin!

What I am looking for is the things that can be grown in pots on a patio, since I am in an apartment. I'd love to have basils, thyme, herbs of any kind, really!

This message was edited Feb 23, 2010 9:54 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I would like to join as well if there are still room for particpants :) thanks for doing this

Hi Kara.

Susie, are you wanting Million Bells (Calibracoa) that look like miniature Petunias? These plants are so sweet. Last year I used them in hanging baskets and had Yellows, Oranges, and Peaches. Unfortunately, they don't set seeds and are propagated by cuttings. The baskets they were in on the NW side of our home did well til the hottest days of Summer in July and August.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

FruitOfTheVine, let me know what colors you like and I can put some daylily seeds together for you. I'd love some of the lettuce seeds if any are the leaf variety. They grow better here and we always have success with them. I'd also like to try the very small head lettuces.

Linda

Thanks, Linda. Any dark colors likes purples or burgundies would be good, or you can surprise me. I'll include an envy of leaf lettuce for you.
Susan

welcome tropic gottcha on my list will add to the top later after i have rested a bit I findly got caught up so will be back later .
Susan yes the ones that look like little petunias but smaller , i want them for my baskets I saw them last summer but didn't get them for i didn't want to spend the $30. for the annuals basket . so this year hope to make my own:)

well got to get off here will stop back later today .

susie

Susie,

Can I send you some postage to help out with the expense of starting the " Seed Robin "

Rodger
"withad"

You Don't have to do that Rodger save it for when the robin arrives at your door step :) the last one I sent out was
$8.85 to send out But it was really loaded & I trully don't know what I will have to start this robin with :)

all I ask of everyone is to keep the robin clean & fat :) Share what you can with those Next in line . anyone with seeds For you will be given your address to send them right to you.

& For anyone who would like to have it again after everyone has had it can Let me know & I will be happy to have it sent back to you . before coming home .

Or I can combine both robins to go back to any of you who would like to have it but we will wait till we see how it goes 1st time around .

well i have had quite a day & I need to lay back for the nite . you all have a great evening .

susie

OH Anyone have a short HollyHocks or any DBL's HollyHocks ????

I Also have a couple types of Leaf lettuces & I think a red leaf one

I have a question. This is the first "Robin" that I have ever been involved in. I've done quite a few "swaps" and single trades, but never a Robin. How do the seeds get in the box for the first few traders? Could we send you some of our seeds just to get the box filled up, and save the rest of what we have for when the box gets to us? I would not mind doing that.

How about adding other things that don't weigh a lot - small bulbs, empty plant tags (my DH and I make them from aluminum pop cans) or empty seed packets that are home made from paper (I make these) or the tiny plastic envies that you buy for beads (I have these too).

Just a few things I've been thinking about....

Linda

well Linda at this time I Really do not know what all is in the robin it Has one more stop then it will be back to me so i should have it back here about the 1st week of March .

I Plan to fill it as full of all that I have to share about 30 pks of seeds & then there will be what is in the robin when it arrives back here. MINUS what others Had shared with me :) UNLESS There is more then I can use :) .

as for BULBS Home made Plant tages Here is a place you can share with someone :) .who can really enjoy receiving . check it out .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1069661/

as for the Baggies Yes you can add then if there is not very many in the robin . I try to start the robin with at lease 50 & I don't know how many is in there at this time .

if anyone would like to share a few pks of seeds to help start the robin you can do so . I hope to start the robin out in PA to NY to VA to NC To SC To KY To TN & ????

For the west it will start in IA to WI To OR To Ne To Mo To NM To Tx Then ?????

the path might change yet But close to that route .
just ad your usersname so everyone will know who they came from .
my address is in the exchange but this is not a have to .
or if you have any for ones who are not in your robin UP TO YOU >

Good Nite all
susie

HERE IS THE OTHER SITE FOR THIS ROBIN ALSO IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE WANTS OR WISHES

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1075683/
GOOD NITE

Good Night Susie and hope you are feeling better.

I will send out 15 packets of seeds to Susie to help refill her box. The rest I will have here for when it arrives at my home.

Should I send the daylily seeds directily to Susan(FruitOfTheVine) or will it be all right to put them in the box and mark them to go to Susan since she will get the box after I receive it, according to your tenative path?

I hate to ask all these questions, but I really want everyone to have a good time with this and also have a chance of getting some really good seeds! It sounds like it can be a lot of fun.

Hope I'm not being too much of a pain,
Linda

Linda you can put Susans in the in the robin IN A Sealed WHITE Envy with Susans name on them Unless the 2 of you want to trade before that is up to you 2 :)
also you will be one of the 1st to get the robin so if you want to send a few pks to put into the 2nd robin for our friends in the west you are welcome to do so .

& thank you for the extra I will be doing 2 robins so the robin won;t take so long getting round to everyone .
if robins can be mailed on friday or saturdays or on weds they usually have 2-3 days to go through the robins .
I hope to get the robins out in the mail by March 15th

well have agreat day everyone . I will check back in later today.
susie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Deejay ... is there any room left to sign up for this round robin??? I have bunch of seeds I'd love to trade / get rid of ... etc ... ???

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I just saw this, if there is more room, I would love to get in on it, too.

Deb

Welcome BS & Momcat your on the list Just send me your address Please :)

susie

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i sent you my addy but above it still shows i havent. rie

Sorry RIE Yes I have it & I will try to get the top up-dated tomorrow

ALSO JUST wanted to let you all know that

This Robin IS Going TO Be Flying PRIOITY MAIL & CONF # so we can Keep track of the robin & Get it with 2-3 days & Not 7-14 Days THIS IS Going To BE a Nice Robin To Share SO IF You Cannot afford $7-$10. Postage Then Please let me know .

Good Night all
susie

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thank you Ms Susie! :D I'm looking forward to this Robin ... I've never done one this way ... I'm excited to do a trade / swap / robin in a new (at least for me) way! :D

I'll be looking at everyones wants lists to see what I can add :D So, I can help out if I have it I'll try to send it in ahead of time :D

I see that veggies are wanted .. I have chives like crazy a lot of them are from trade. I also have cantaloupe and radishes, Asparagus, Carrot, India Mustard, Peppers - Arbol Chile, Squash, Watermelon, Spinach, Rubus Dewberry ... I know not all of these are veggies ... I also have several herbs ... A lot I have are extras that I won't be able to plant ... Some are from trade some are commerical, some are from my own garden. :D

I'm always up for sharing :D

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.