What's In Bloom Today Part 10

Yes, I do! We have been having high winds & if I don't stake some of them they will break off!! If they are not very tall they are ok.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

have you ever had any that the stalks only grew about 4" before they bloomed? That one that was supposed to be "Elvas", bloomed before it grew leaves, and the stalk was really short! It just threw a second bloom the same way.... Did I get a runt or what?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

One of my Amaryllis beds which will soon be in full bloom. They are interplanted with Cannas Lilies, which will fill in and bloom after the Amaryllis are finished blooming. Both die down to the ground in the winter. THe bush in the background is a Gardenia which blooms in late May.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

I wanted to share with you guys my first Hippeastrum bloom ever. It's the lovely Apple Blossom. I absolutely love it. This is a first time blooming bulb so there is definetely room for improvement. Maybe 2 scapes next time and 4 flowers per stem but as for right now I'm very satisfied. This picture is with natural daylight shinning through the window. Next post will be one with flash.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Here is a picture with the blinds closed and the flash on.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Roly your blooms are gorgeous, but they're not Apple Blossom. You may have Vera instead.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Pretty one, Roly! (whichever variety it is!)

Kizmo, I have had several with short scapes & some with deformed blooms this year. I thought it might be our cold winter since they are in the ground. I just don't know! Maybe better next year!!
Lorine

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

A nice assortment of Amaryllis

Thumbnail by bsharf
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Susan in bloom.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Aphrodite & Blossom Peacock.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Susan & Hercules.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Another one of my Amaryllis beds. Haven't seen any slugs yet.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Ewing, VA

Beautiful flowers everyone!

Now what do I have to share that bloomed tha past weeks.

Another Quito

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Sumatra

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Green Lady reblooms

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

A Party Animal after sleeping for 1 whole year.

Ewing, VA

Oooops..the picture. LOL!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

A cold damaged variegated Daruma clivia still so willing to please with 3 flowers.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Oh...just got to share this with you all.

Even the scapes and pedicels are variegated.
Wish we had Hippies like these...right?

Thumbnail by mariava7

Fantastic!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

My Hippeaskelia.

I was away when this one bloomed last year so seeing this was a treat. As usual, my camera does not do justice to the true color.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oops, here is the pic.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Here is my Christmas Gift whos flowers just started opening yesterday afternoon. I absolutely love the size of this flowers at about 7.6 inches natural spread.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Here is a face view.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

And now with the sun shinning from the side. I will take one or two pictures inside the house once my camera is charged. This is my first white and this is my first year with Amaryllis and I'm loving them all !!!!

This message was edited May 8, 2010 1:29 PM

Thumbnail by Roly0217

Here's a contrast to your Christmas gift. I took a photo of Orange Rascal next to my clivia so you can see how small the flowers are.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Ewing, VA

Blushing Limonas

Thumbnail by mariava7

They're gorgeous!

Here's Gervase - always fascinating.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Ewing, VA

Tango (s)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

and "Marikit" (s)

Thumbnail by mariava7
Hendersonville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from bsharf :
One of my Amaryllis beds which will soon be in full bloom. They are interplanted with Cannas Lilies, which will fill in and bloom after the Amaryllis are finished blooming. Both die down to the ground in the winter. THe bush in the background is a Gardenia which blooms in late May.

I love them planted with the Cannas! That's beautiful....will have to try that myself.

I acquired a couple of Amaryllis in the spring of 2009. My stepmother had them all over her landscape in LA. Dad brought me a couple last year after she passed away, 'cos I'm hoping to keep parts of her beautiful gardens alive here in TN. I just today had them identified by another DG member as Amaryllis, and now am concerned I won't be able to raise them. I put them directly in one of my sunny flower beds when Dad brought them, and they bloomed beautifully last year. I divided the bulbs this spring and got 4 new ones out of them, so now have six, all about to bloom. BUT will they be okay here in zone 6? Should I pot them and bring them inside? We had a colder winter than normal. Knowing what they are now, I can't believe they survived! Nor can I believe that I was able to divide them so successfully. I wouldn't have even attempted it had I known what they were.

I'm very sentimental, and would be devastated if I lost them, so I'm really hoping that the wonderful and knowledgeable gardeners here at DG will offer me some guidance and advice. Ya'lls are all so gorgeous, and I can tell they have lots of TLC! Help please! Anything you can share will be much appreciated!!

xoxox - Stacey :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Since you said they survived last winter, they might be OK outside in that particular "microclimate". You could have a microclimate in that particular spot which is a zone 7 or even higher, depending on the location. Just be sure to mulch them heavily to try to keep the bulbs from freezing. Perhaps you could pot up one or two of them to bring inside in the winter, just as insurance that you won't lose them all in the event that mother nature isn't kind to them. Pass Along Amaryllis are the best kind, since the memories go with the bulbs.

Ewing, VA

"MADONNA"

Popped out from my cybister bulbs.
No clue what it's true name is.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Golden Village awakes and blooms.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

From a 1 inch diameter seedling bulb...

"Little Miss Summer"

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Different shot

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Lovely and sweet Rebecca

Thumbnail by mariava7
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lovely shot of Sweet Rebecca with the pink roses in behind. I moved all my amaryllis that bloomed last winter out onto the porch for the summer. Two of them have surprised me by blooming again. Wonder if that means they won't bloom next winter? Here's Neon Rose. I'm seeing a lot of red spots on the outdoor ones. I keep telling myself it's sunburn. Can you tell from this photo?

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's Santos. Looks like it will have 3 flowers.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.