New bees chit chat Come on in!! 2-8-10

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats a long Dig Nettie!! Better get the tractor running!!
Hugs to you all

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Nettie, i missed the question. I have never grew it that I know of, but I can look it up and see howto grow it if you want. Where were youat to leave message? I sure don't mean to not answer.
RRM

I found it and got you a link.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2010 8:04 PM

Booneville, AR

good morning all, look out oklahoma here we come. thanks rrm i got that plant for 1.00 can,t beat that deal to hard to pass up. im wondering when i should put it out,now or wait till april 15. don,t wont to kill it. got any ideas nettie

Enid, OK

Not to worry nettie - if they try to make you dig stuff out of Oklahoma - I will come help ya. Bet we could get ourselves in a lot of trouble!

Booneville, AR

you bet you nothing like little dig party, that would be right up my alley. thats where i got my little almond tree. they told me i could. got that in arkansas and also a lilac one of the old ones. alot of pass along plants got these free. i like that ive got those pityful old brown eyes weigh about 100 lbs soaking wet, they feel for me, they don,t know im mean as a two headed snake. ha!!! i could talk us out of trouble . love and hugs nettie almost forgot aj how is your back? i got to go take care of all these seed sprouts. i went crazy you know!!!!!!!!!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

hello all.. Hope you are doing great.. Thngs are going great here..Caleb had surgery on both his hands yesterday..We thought they were only going to do the right hand and upper arm but while back in surgery they decided that his left hand needed to be debreeded and skin graphs done.. His left thigh was his donor site....His upper arm they decided would heal on its so they removed all the damaged tissue and packed it..The donor site is causing him some misery, but he walked to his dressing change this morning...He still has no appetite..Im praying for that to recover soon..He has a feeding tube down his nose at this time...Every day we are seeing improvements..Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes... Trish

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

So glad to hear there is improvement Trish!! Keep your chin up and rest when you can.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah! So glad to hear that Trish!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Trish so good to hear he's still improving. We'll keep you all in prayers until he's well again.

Enid, OK

Good for Caleb!! Kids are tough - they heal a lot faster than we do! Glad he is making daily improvements. Remember, pain meds take away appetite - he will start eating like a horse again soon. Will keep you all in our prayers.

Nettie, good to have those pittiful brown eyes aint it! I got em too. I can see us now, the big girl and the little mean woman - we would be a sight! Would be like Mekos, they would let us go cause it is easier for them!!

I have seedlings everywhere myself - spring is not coming soon enough! April 15 is a long way off yet!!

Pearland, TX

Hi All. Trish, glad to hear your son is doing better. Before you know it, he'll be back to himself.

Spring is taking its sweet time in this part of the country too. I thought I was safe and pruned the lantana and plumbago back to the ground to get rid of all the freeze damage and then here come all of the freeze/snow warnings. And out come all of the frost blankets again. I am looking forward to tomorrow night so I can do some more wintersowing. Hubby is at school until 10pm or so, so I have the kitchen table all to myself. I have some ideas for some fun containers, just need to get the seed going.

Now, It's three sets of Brown eyes. How about me, You know I can get into trouble Enid. Nettie I would wait. Better to have a sure thing, than a dead plant. Hurry up Spring.
Trish, so glad Caleb is getting better. Stronger everyday. Like my cyber-sister up there said "kids are tough"
Hugs and Nuzzles for all.
Love it when Hubby goes to work, can get so much done, Huh? Sapphire
RRM

Enid, OK

Look out world here come the gals with brown eyes!!!! It's probably a good thing we all live so far apart, they would be makin' new laws to try to keep us apart. LOL

Yep, keep away from "the Brown -eyed Girls"

Booneville, AR

oh my gosh the dh just had to have the puter, important stuff you know. needs to check on the new golf club. oh i hope he gets it tomorrow so he can go to the wet cold gofer place with his old gofer friends ya!!! then the little brown eyed woman can do her thing. which she likes much. im so glad caleb is doing good, it just takes time for all things to heal, lots of patients, prayer, and keeping the faith. mothers are good at this as a mater of fact mothers are the best. trish i will keep you and caleb in my thoughts and prayers. rest as much as you can and keep us updated. love nettie.

Same with me Trish. Hugs and prayers for you both.

Now all you Brown eyed girls need is a little mean blue eyed one and you'd have all the bases covered. LOL Maybe I could go in first and they'd be unsuspecting. :)

Booneville, AR

seray you are right on the money.we gona need all the help we can get. no telling where that plant will go once it goes in the ground. ive got little 6 or 7 inch tall iris down in the rock garden blooming don,t know where they came from. oh well i guess one of the grandkids put them in .they see things i just have to have.love those kids!!! at my age they make me crazy sometimes. it is getting near my bed time. got to go to dr. in the morning gona be a fight. pray for the dr. love nettie

Please let littlenettie's Dr. live!

Nite nite!

Enid, OK

I feel for your Dr. today Nettie. Don't hurt him too bad, you will end up in jail with Mekos!

Mornin' all! Where is everybody, been pretty quite around here. Everybody still stuck in the snow or what? We are expecting 1-3 inches today with a high of 43. Is it just me or is that a bit confusing? Warm with snow - just doesn't sound right to me!

Guess I will call the weather man and give him my opinion, hold that extra bed in your cell Nettie, I am gonna need it!

Enid, OK

Seray, I will take a mean blue eyed woman on my side any day! My maternal gma had blue eyes and I swear that woman was mean as a snake. I learned early to keep my gpa on my side so he could protect me. LOL!! We would get in trouble together and make her really really mad. I will never forget one day she had something going on with her throat and couldn't yell as loud as normal. She wanted gpa to come up out of the pasture so she got out the whistle we used for the hunting dogs and blew it. When gpa made it to the house, he got down on all fours, crawled into the kitchen and barked at her. I thought he was gonna be murdered that day - gpa and I laughed about that for years, still made her mad. Just so you know, I get my lungs from her! They lived on 120 acre home place, she could stand on the back porch and call gpa even if he was on the far end of the property! People swore you could hear her for 5 miles.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Lori, Seray can you yell that loud?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I almost choked on my breakfast reading about your gpa's answer to being summoned with a dog whistle. I can just picture him crawling in on hands and knees.

Thank you for the good morning laugh!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ha ha ha - candles that's great! Thanks for the laugh! Bet you had fun with those grandparents!

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Now that was a funny story!! I miss my grandparents....especially when planting time comes around. They always had the best gardens and it never seemed like work to put them in each year.

Loved that storey. We sure have adventures.

Enid, OK

Gpa and I kind of enjoyed ticking off gma. We worked at it! He always grew the most amazing gardens! I haven't seen a good looking tomato since he died. I don't know what he did but his were always huge and there were lots of them!
He did all the gardening himself, gma would help pick and do the canning. The rule was no one but mom and gma could step in the strawberry patch. His feet were too big (wore a 15EEE) and he mushed the berries; he was only allowed to pick from the outside as far as he could reach. We used to give gma a hard time; she would want someone to step in just far enough to reach her basket of berries, she would have to wait on my mom to get there cause we weren't allowed to step in the strawberry patch. I remember gpa just standing there looking at her saying sorry, can't help ya - you told me not to ever step in the strawberries. He would laugh and laugh as he went on to his next chore.

Rolling in the floor FUNNY! I think you should write a book Lori! The image was so clear and so funny! And you will have endless material with your "dirt eating baby". LOL Who knows you might just put him through college.

My grandma was like yours. My poor grandpa didn't have your gpa's sense of humor though. Yours was probably braver too.

When my parents split we lived with my grandparents. They had a big place 350 acres. My job was to "go find your brothers" so yes I can holler!

The only thing she was afraid of was a snake. She used to get all five of us out of bed early to help in the garden. She would make us walk behind her just in case she saw one. She'd spread her arms like an ol chicken and sneak through the path with a bunch of sleepy kids behind her. We still laugh about the time she actually did see one. Let out a yell "Look OUT! Turned around and plowed us all down trying to get away. We had to laugh behind her back though, she tell us it was our fault for walking so close. LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Seray you made me think of my Dad, he has been gone for a long time. He was scared to death of snakes he wasnt afraid of anything else bullmoose, tiger a shotgun my Mother nothing!! But a snake would send him running and screaming like a little girl. If he can hear me hes gonna ring my neck. I didn't know he was afraid of snakes until I was about five or six, guess what I decided I just loved to collect? Yep you got it snakes, well my Dad and I were always close and anything I did or found or thought I knew I had to run and tell him, one day he was laying on his bed watching me play out the window, I was carrying an old cardboard box, he didnt know what I was doing just knew I was collecting something again. So of course when I got the box all decorated and had a Momma and baby snake all settled in I wandered over to the window and look what I did Dad!! He couldn't get off that bed fast enough he yelled and stumbled and fell on the floor getting away. Now mind you I was outside he was inside!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I think we need a new thread? What do you all think?

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Arejay, that is too funny...I laughed out loud just picturing it! lol

That is funny Arejay! I know how my grandma acted and I can just see your father. LOL

New thread would be good!

Yep, new thread.

Enid, OK

Oh, man I am full of stories. I was acutally raised a "town" kid. We lived 12 miles from my grandparents home place in a little town called Iola Kansas. Mom was from Colony, dad from LeRoy. The towns were only 20 or 25 miles apart - anyway...both sets of grandparents were country folk. By the time I was big enough to remember, my dad's family had retired from farming and moved to the ever dreaded town. My mom's folks of course stayed on the home place til gpa was gone and gma got "the crazies". Alzheimers - bad way to go!!!
I couldn't mind my own business so was in to everything - I didn't want to miss nothin'!

One of my favorite all time stories: Gpa (on my dad's side) and I went to a Saturday afternoon sale. They had chickens, rabbits, ducks....a watermelon truck and pie! I guess gpa got a little tired of trying to keep up with me, maybe he was missing the auction, I don't know. Anyway, he took me to the watermelon truck, lifted me up in there and told me to find the biggest, best watermelon in the bunch and sit on it til he got back. According to my gma, that was the least trouble I had ever caused in my life. I sat on the watermelon I had picked out for three hours. Grandpa didn't leave me there just cause he didn't want to keep up with me, he had forgotten about me and went home. I didn't dare budge or make a sound either, I knew that if I had irritated the watermelon man, gpa would make me go home without one. Maybe that is why it drives me crazy to have to sit and wait.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread............. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078031/ .........................New Thread...............2/25/10

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.