THE ZAMBONIE CAFE 2010 - WHERE EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR NAME?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/severenow/floater6_large.html

I gotta name for the weather right now...

Unfortuneately its four letters.....starts with S

For snow....

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Let it snow let it snow let it snow. It sure does help out our tourism economy down here. Hehe

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well you best be watching the FOUR CORNERS....your turn might be coming to break out the ZAMBONIE!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Got that weathered for the whole week...if it's not raining...it's suppose to snow. What B...S...!

I WANT OUT!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, today its red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.

I dont have any new s-n-o-w yet. Thought it was sposed to start last night, but it fizzled out and looks like it will start later today.

ICK... ice and rain?

Snow, yuck. Don't worry about it. Spring will get there in March. Even if it did warm up for a day, or two, right now you'd know not to plant anything quite yet. Mostly sunny and a high of 73 today. What's not to like!!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You silly Floridians, thats all you think snow is about? Its not just the gardening jon....but you guys are bgonna get a cold snap off this too.

LOL I know what the snow is all about. It makes it difficult to drive, difficult to get outside and get around. The cold makes the electric bill go up. You have to get outside and labor getting it shoveled/moved. You have to make sure too much doesn't accumulate on the roof. You have to take extra care with the animals I grew up in snow country with lots of lake effect snow and those noreaster snowstorms. My hometowns average winter snowfall is 67 inches and their average winter temperature is 21 degrees. I was only making reference to gardening because this is a gardening website.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

PA has 28 inches....I think they are gonna get more. Then another storm is on the horizon

Looks like many are gonna get 6-12 inches from Tues-Wedn evening and then a new storm will be on the way. It's gonna take a change in the jet stream/weather patterns to break this cycle.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Just was outside...I keep thinking spring.. but.... the nose twitching aint working....

Break out the hot chocolate....

ZONE 5A.. Midstates....

Plug in the zambonies......we got more coming on top of whats already plowed. Winds gonna pick up.. its powder now.. and blizzard condition time soon coming..

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, I just plowed.. thenthe blizzard started again.. sheesh!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We have had several days of heavy fog with hoar frost. Finally the sun came out today and melted all the frost away. Sunny & warm temps (above freezing) for next week. Pic from this morning

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Im moving to Canada! How is it you guys got better weather up north than us here! LOL!

Well looks like after tomorrow passes the weather will simmer down.. bet its gonna feel and get ccccold.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Snow forecast for tomorrow. Just ran out of fire wood. It's been raining so much,the guy we by wood from can't get a load to us because he gets stuck out on his wood lot so we get to burn this blasted high dollar buthane. Have little electric heaters but when it's this cold you have to sit right on top of them to get warm. Get's too cold we'll have to shut down part of the house and live out of the living room,kitchen and master bedroom until warmer weather. Big houses are nice until it comes to heating them.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well you be careful with them thar spAceout heaters.. been there done that... Had one almost catch fire but good thing the dawg noticed it sparking and started barking at it.

I just got LP..GA-ROAN

Oh, now the radio guy says it was a 4.3 quake. Well chot just rattle the bones here will ya.

Me thinks I am gonna go back to bed. Blowing snow...

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I've already had one go off like the 4th.of July back in Dec. Got the burnt mark on the floor to prove it. I only run them when we're here and only during the day.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well man the fire hose....derned things aint no fun.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

no water on an electrical fire

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, the dang sting-gwisher then...!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

got one in the pantry...but I got it out without it

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

mine too, just unplugged the stupid thing and chucked it in the cold.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

GAAAAAH!! Me water tank is frozed!!!! GAAAAAAAH!

JEEEEEZ I hope it is just the plug in got rattled... I am not wanting to bucket water to the critters!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well silly wabbit! Arent you snug as a bug by the water tank.. hmmmm you dint chew the wires to my heater now did you???

Nah, you'd a been toast if ya did..

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

Luckily the storm just grazed us, tracked to the south and east, and only got 6 inches of snow yesterday. Doesn't it kill you when the south gets a half inch of snow and declares it an emergency?! And yes, I think the wabbit would be twoast if it chewed through the wire!

I will now go gaze lovingly at the seedlings under the grow lights and think of the first crocus of the year.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2010 4:38 AM

The problem when they get snow in the South (NC, SC, GA, AL, MS) is their lack of enough/proper equipment to remove it. It takes them forever to clear the main roads. It probably, eventually, melts before they even get to the rural side roads.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

All we got from the latest weather stuff was hurricane force winds (as quoted by the weather monkies on TV). Indeed they were literally howling winds. Power outages all over the state adding to the previous backlog of outages from the snow. Apparently, whatever had already melted and left the ground soaked through also made for shakey root support for the trees and then the wind whipped in and knocked a bunch of them down. My power was out when I got home around 4:30 (went out around 3pm) and was back on around 8 pm. Oh, and we got to actually catch 2 tranformers blow right after driving past them on the way home! There is something so creepy sounding when you hear the pop and crackling electric sizzle of those things going. Sorta like the lightning rod thing you see in the Frankenstein movies to get the creature charged up:)

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

so far no snow but it's suppose to start later this evening or some time during the night.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

MINUS 13 today! WHooohooo! Dontcha just love it when the south complains....LOL!

Well I best go check my water heater.

Hey Patty, put a blanket on those daffy-dills!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

BIKINI WEATHER

them daffs don't need no blanky...deys tuff

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You mean BEE-KEE_KNEE weather....

Well the minus 13 is the feels like. It beats the crappers out of 20 above or 30 even!

What about yer dills tho?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You mean BEE-KEY_KNEE weather....

Well the minus 13 is the feels like. It beats the crappers out of 20 above or 30 even! Actual temp is ZERO!

What about yer dills tho?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

your stuttering

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!

LOL!

LOL!

LOL!

Better than chattering! Put yer teeth back in will ya!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

never take them out....well almost never

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah of the jar by yer bed.. silly goose! Thats where ya never take them out.

Dag gum it!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

this could wind up a TMI subject...LOL

No complaints from South Florida. No snow, no wind, no clouds.

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Daffodils seem to be just fine.

Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You mean TMJ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.