February Weather - Did the Groundhog see his shadow?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The sun is very bright here and the snow is melting - I think.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! We had a beautiful, warm, sunny, spring day yesterday, but today the clouds came back. Bleah. Tomorrow is going to be warm but wet, and then another chilly front comes through. We may even get down below freezing again on Tuesday. (I know... your hearts are just aching for me, aren't they? LOL)

On a brighter note, the neighbor's ash tree is leafing - spring is coming!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes, everybody cries about east coast snowstorms. They are pretty mild compared to what we get.
Our snow from early December is still here.

Beginning to snow here again. Grandkids are here this weekend. They are supposed to go to Sunday School. It is 15 miles away. I may not take them. I was in that town yesterday & couldn't see decent on the way home. Everything is white, so very hard to see where the road is.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

I made 2 videos if you want to watch :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v85gccjiBIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93Oe-HdS00

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

14° here and BLINDINGLY sunny.

Temps last night dropped from 28° when we went out to the HT at 10 PM
to 18° when we got out 1 1/2 hours later.

Here's some shots from a friend of mine in VA.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/achrisvet/sets/72157623364749004/

They are calling it Snowmagedon or Snowpocalypse depending on the channel you are watching.

Off to look at Adina's videos

Ric

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Wow Adina, look at all of that snow, and the wind!

Love the pics Ric!

That is a gorgeous sunset Early.

Love the rest of the pics too!

Where's Rann?

I'm not going to do a huge weather outline, nothing going on here today, just overcast and the high is supposed to be in the mid 40's. Same as yesterday. Blah!

Dang, I am already hungry.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, it sure looks cold at your place.

It feels warmer than this, at least if you're moving around alot.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PST on February 07, 2010
58 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 33 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the West

We went hiking today. I've shown you this waterfall before. It dries up in the summer. The greyish looking bushes are blooming.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Indian warrior

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

Hi Crissy :-) I'm lurking ...... I've been really down in the dumps this weekend. 21 years ago today I met a guy .... 20 years ago today we got engaged ... and then he broke my heart too many times to count ..... what I thought was one of the luckiest days in my life turned out to be not so lucky after all. Lots of conflicting feelings ... wish I'd never met him, but wouldn't want to trade anything for my girls .....

Adina - your photos and video look reallly cold! That's a lot of snow to clear off the street! :-0

Waving hi! to the rest .... I read all the posts and enjoyed all the photos .....

Off to bed now ..... going to try to get a good night's sleep for once ....

Rann

(Zone 7a)

Rann, a couple of flowers for you.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

32* and feels like 27*. Light snow falling now. By Tues night we could have up to 7 inches of snow.

A steady light snow will fall through midnight. Cloudy with temperatures steady in the low 30s. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snowfall of about half an inch through midnight.

Saints win Super Bowl 31-17.

I think it's still snowing out. Windows are dirty so hard to tell. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Looks like we have another storm rolling in Tuesday!

BTW Dave has issued his farewell.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074451/#new

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, cold @ 22°(f) Should make for an interesting commute.

(Zone 5a)

Thanks Celia - how neat! :-) So pretty :-)

It's partly cloudy, 37°F / 3°C feels like 31°F / -1°C with a breeze from the E blowing at 8 mph / 13 km/h

Ric - so sad about Dave leaving, such a shame.

Rann

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' all! :D It's a woppin' 10°! It was 12° the last time I looked ! :-O
Clear: 10°F
Feels like: 10°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 10°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 5:55 PM

Ric, What are we getting this time? I think you need some snow! If you don't get any out of this next system, I could send you some! :D btw, Those pics of you friend's in VA are awesome! I know some folks in northen VA got 36". Unheard of for down here!
Dyson, Be careful out there!
Rann, You're going to have times like that. Just hang in there, honey. We're with you!
Crissy, LOL! DH was doing the 'Happy Dance' about the game last night. Some of you may not know that he's from near Baton Rouge. :D
Kelli, Don't feel bad. I've taken my camera & the batteries were dead, too. But at least you got a couple of neat pics! Love that Indian Warrior! Pretty! :D And the water fall! ;) You know me! :D On of theses days I'm going to get up to the Cascades ~ they're in VA, but very close to here. It's a marvelous water fall. You'd love it.

Well, I need to go...have a feeling I'll need to scrape some ice/frost this mornin'.

Ric, I think Calf-Sue said it best (about Dave) 'when a door closes...another one opens'.

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I read Dave's farewell. He is a very gracious man.

Rann, dear, the "firsts" are always hard. Big hugs to you!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rann)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WE HAVE SNOW!!! A lot of you have much more snow than we do, but I awoke to about 2" of snow this morning. What was supposed to be a light wintry mix turned out to be mostly snow as it made its way further down into our state than "they" originally thought. There is a snow line across the middle of the state from west to east. North of that line is snow; south of that line is rain. The northern counties could get up to 8" of snow. There is another system coming in toward the end of the week with more of this stuff. All the schools in the northern half of the state are closed. Kids are loving it, I am sure! LOL It is 29F on my back porch right now with light snow/sleet continuing.

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
TUESDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
TUESDAY.

* TIMING...A MIXTURE OF RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO
AFFECT THE AREA TODAY. THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BECOME A
MIXTURE OF PRIMARILY SNOW AND RAIN LATER THIS MORNING. THE
PRECIPITATION WILL EVENTUALLY CHANGEOVER TO MAINLY SNOW TONIGHT AS
COLDER AIR WORKS INTO THE REGION

* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE
AREA TODAY. UP TO AN INCH OF ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION WILL
BE POSSIBLE TONIGHT.

* MAIN IMPACT...AREA ROADS...BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES MAY BECOME
SNOW AND ICE COVERED AND HAZARDOUS. THIS WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS
DRIVING CONDITIONS FOR THE COMMUTE TO WORK OR SCHOOL THIS
MORNING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR
FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR
SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE
DRIVING.

Hi, guys! Good news here...It was quite a struggle to clear off a path to the dog houses this morning, but now the wind has stopped and that's good . We tried to clear off the road which has huge drifts on it, about a man's height!!!!! Finally we called the Mayor and asked for a plow to clean off our road. It came and now the road is clear...yiiipppeeeee!!!! I took a the day off from work , but tomorrow we can go. I'll send more pics soon.
I am so relieved!
Hugs,
Adina

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snowing here today. 3" so far, supposed to last until Tuesday night.

Headed for town, but turned around and came back home.

(Zone 3b)

Dark, snowing, and springtime is a ways off; but daylight hours are longer.
Too far behind, but have skipped the first cup of coffee in order to read of what's been going on. Not sure what to do when my DG subscription is up.
Frank's surgery/recovery is doing well. The "trophy bandage" will be resized tomorrow. Thanks for the many well wishes.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

Mau - thank you so much for that hug :-)

Adina - Yay! So glad you got the street cleared :-)

Kiska - glad Frank is making a good recovery. I bet he'll be relieved to get a smaller bandage, looks awfully heavy to lug around.

Rann

(Zone 7a)

I didn't really catch up with y'all until this morning. Now, that I've wiped my tears about Dave, I can move on.

Kiska, that has to be the biggest bandage I have ever seen! LOL Glad he's downsizing.

31.3 °F with 40º for the high. It has usually gone to 45º these days. The GH is in the 80s and 90s if the door is closed.
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 31 °F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 21 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.08 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 6000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Monty know what to do when it's cold out.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

What Monty doesn't EBook?

Well we got some good news this morning.
The mailman dropped off a Certified Letter.... the Dayton House sale is complete in ALL phases!

We should get 4-6" out of the new system if it goes as they say.
We topped out at 28° so now opening w/ rain this time.

Ric

Yay! Ric! It's good to get junk like that out of the way. I've never sold a house, but I can imagine.

Big hugs for Rann, and I think maybe we all need a group hug. I don't know Dave in any way, but him leaving makes me feel like I'm losing something.

The hives seem to be gone but I am still itchy.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 08, 2010
61 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NE

They are calling for rain on Tuesday night. At this point, it isn't absolutely necessary, but I won't discourage it.

This is Aloe ferox. We got it as a one-gallon (or smaller) plant ~12 years ago from The Living Desert, near Palm Springs. You been there, Ric?

Thumbnail by Kelli
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Lots of SNOW out there!! We are cold, but not freezing. I am surprised I still have a rose bush (no roses tho).

Kiska- I have to say that IS the biggest bandage I’ve ever seen too! Glad Frank is doing well. Sending lots of healing thoughts his way.
Celia - Monty is too much LOL! I did not know he could read! Have you painted the red wall yet?

51.6 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3900 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Not as cool. Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona

15° F
Feels Like: -1° F
Wind: From NW at 18mph

Got some pics of the snow this morning but haven't been home all day so will download them tomorrow.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The front that is bringing snow to you all came through here tonight. We dropped from 70° at noon to 47° now, and we're still dropping. We'll be in the upper 30s by morning. We've already gotten at least half an inch of rain, and there's more of that coming, too. That would be 5 inches of snow! Please be careful!!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CST (59 min ago)
Temperature 47 °F 8 °C
Dew Point 42 °F 6 °C
Humidity 83%
Pressure 29.98 in 1015.3 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 24 15 kts
G 21
Wind Dir NNW 340°
Ceiling 1600 ft 488 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 66.0°F / 18.9°C
Rest of tonight Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain in the evening. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.
Tuesday Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Cooler. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 15 to 20 mph.
Tuesday night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Rann, I'm thinking of you and sending warm hugs. I hope you are feeling better today.
Jackie, so glad Frank is feeling better and will get a new bandage!
Sharon, the froggie is so cute!
Kelli, glad the hives are gone , hope the itchy goes away too. Your aloe is so beautiful, brings up so much warm for us , here in the north.
Celia, wow, Monty knows how to read...so funny!LOL
Thanks everyone for encouragement, I needed that! It's snowing again and we have a few inches of snow to shovel...arrghhh! Lucky the road is drivable.
Here are a few pics I took yesterday when the plow came.
This was in front of our gate, had to make a path to get out.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

This was our livingroom door as seen from outside.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The road in the morning.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A closer look of the HUGE drift from our house straight ahead, about my height!!!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The path I made to get out.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The view from the livingroom window/door.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I had to make a path to the dog houses too, again...ugh!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The drift from the livingroom seen from outside.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Later the sun came out for a bit and the snowstorm stopped.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

We all came out to shovel : DH inside and DS and I outside.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The snow plow got closer to our house and when the driver saw the huge drift wanted more money!!! The neighbors were negociating. Those are about half of the people who are living on our street.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The doggies were trying to help!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

They came for a snuggle with Ionut.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.