Some pictures of new paintings, etc.

Santa Fe, NM

Herbie butter and honey butter are good. We had that really good sweet potato cornbread for New Years. We currently have banana bread. Here is an old painting! It is very small, like 4x6". I used to paint at least one little painting every day for 2006, 2007 and 2008. May do that again some time.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

and my herbie IS a honey. O wait my DH's name isn't herbie (oops)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

How luvly: a painting of the whimsie of that day.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Me thinks the issue was someone feeling criticized. roybird was right: its too easy to miscommunicate in this format.

Santa Fe, NM

Oh no! I may unwittingly be the test case because I Do like them both. But, I just had a snack of cream cheese and water crackers. What does that mean?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

There's been a shift in the matrix.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Does that mean someone figured out it was just a delusion?

Santa Fe, NM

Dparsons, we crossed posts. Thanks. We loose something by not being able to see or hear each other. However! We improve our key boarding skills.

Santa Fe, NM

The matrix shifted! It is getting cloudier outside because of it.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Yep. Need a bigger set of emoticons.

Santa Fe, NM

Why don't those digital drawing pad things just go right on to e.mail or, say, threads at D.G.? Then we would have a whole 'nother way to communicate! We could draw comix and make thought balloons and such.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

You can scan or photograph your cartoons and post the image.

Santa Fe, NM

Well, I could if I had a scanner. But it would be more spontaneous to draw on the page I was writing on. That is more normal for me. What else can you do if you have to go to a meeting or play a board game?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I believe that will be one for the future when everyone has touch screens and storage of images is even cheaper.

Santa Fe, NM

Probably end up being a source of more misunderstandings rather than fewer! But it would be fun for doodlers, artists and cats. Cats would like to draw on computers when people are writing. They might draw diagrams about being fed more often or sooner. Good thing I have class tonight. I am for sure on a different matrix.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

When cats can draw on computers, we will certainly have more fights. My cats can get into fights over walking through a doorway or sitting too close to each other. Have fun in class tonight. Hope its not too cloudy.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

I'll have a whimsy in a cornbread matrix, please.
-- Piper

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Cornbread? Any cornbread is good for me -- unless it is hard as a rock. Tonight I made aloo gobi, the dish, the heroine of Bend it Like Beckham couldn't make and as a result caused her mother to fear that she would never get a husband. I have a husband, so I thought I should make him some aloo gobi, so he will know it was okay that he married me long before I could make aloo gobi.
Actually, I made aloo gobi because I love it -- cauliflower, potatoes, hot chili peppers, onions, turmeric, cumin, garam masala and ginger and garlic. Yum!
Roybird I love your 4x6 painting. It is lovely. Hope you go back to doing them, but with a camera influence. You spent a year learning the camera, now you can go back to watercolor all different. I can't wait to see what comes of it all.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O wow I'm still in the cream cheese and water crackers matrix. What did I miss? ps COC says baroo.

Santa Fe, NM

I have no idea what might happen. But, I do know that aloo gobi is delicious!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No kiddin funnybird! Might me sneak chocolate into the equasion?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My aloo gobi came out great. I am so proud. But I have to say it is almost identical to the cauliflower curry I have been making for some years. Okay, now I know that aloo gobi means the same thing as cauliflower curry. Actually this new recipe may be tastier than the previous one.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

paj, the aloo gobi, sounds really good, so am going to try to cook some up to try. Thanks

Donna

Santa Fe, NM

I read in some cookbook that aloo gobi is often made for young children in India to get them used to a regular grown up diet. It is considered a mild curry. Though it wouldn't have to be, I guess. Dahlia, chocolate is always in the equasion. And say hello to the C.O.C. for me.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I would marry someone if they could cook aloo gobi. Can you make round Chapatis too pajarito?

I don't know how aloo gobi would taste with chocolate snuck in, dahlianut. You should try it and let us know.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

ARGH!!!!! You actually wrote "snuck'??????? I am truly glad you were not struck dead by lightning for doing so, but I have no idea why you were not.

Now you all know what one of my big issues is. I cringe when I see the newspaper print that word. Egads.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Egads. I figured that it was better than "sneaked." I could also have said snookered, but that is an entirely different thing.

I am probably still alive because I used an adequate degree of humor in conjunction with the word. No-one has ever been struck by judgement lightening while making a joke.

Santa Fe, NM

Hi, Mulch. I think "sneaked" is correct but "snuck" is so common it can not be considered incorrect any more. This is from the mouth of the resident librarian. He is aware of "snuck" but is most disturbed by " the turning of collective nouns in to individual nouns ". What always comes to his mind is "behavior" turning in to "behaviors". He says that over 10 -15 years ago you never saw that. I am most annoyed by misspelled words on t.v. news. Humph! One of my own words is "tridden" in the Good King Wenceslas song. There is something about the snow melting on the ground " where the saint had tridden ". Really!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think aloo gobi would be better with chocolate on the side.
I think the ability to cook aloo gobi would be a real asset for a potential mate but probably not sufficient reason.
It is really delicious, and yes I could see how it could be used to introduce children to grownup food. It is tasty without being challenging. It is a great way to introduce my DH to meatless dishes. He usually wants some meat in his food, but he loved the aloo gobi served with brown basmati rice, but he did have a piece of salmon with it.
Alas, I haven't even tried to make chapatis, but it is something I should try. I am not sure I have ever even had any. But I had never had aloo gobi when I first cooked it. So I could just follow the directions if I found them.
Here is the recipe I used. It is better than others I have tried:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Aloo-Gobi-84324

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

that recipe is similar to a veggie dish DH got from the Penzey's store last summer. His has chickpeas and yogurt in it also.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think all of those could go in the dish very tastily. I am sure there are a thousand variations of this dish. This is kind of like the Indian version of something standard like "meatloaf".

Santa Fe, NM

Spent half the day in my studio doing bad paintings but towards the end of the day did something interesting with a photograph that would translate to an oil painting very well. Looks cool as a photo, too, but I'm saving it for now. I have to take a friend to the movies tomorrow because I said I would but I am not looking forward to it. I would rather be painting or moving in that direction. It seems that I need to have bigger blocks of time more often for art stuff these days. I love my friends but socializing is difficult when I'm wishing to be doing something else. Anybody have good advice on this?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Not really. Ideally we would just say no when we don't want to do something a friend asks. But in the end, you have to weigh the friend's disappointment against the value of their friendship to you. You also have to ask yourself how much they care that you do the thing they want you to do -- maybe very little. I find this sort of thing very difficult.
Especially as I get older, I find I am pickier about how I want to spend my time.

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks. I really do value my friends but it is hard to balance everything. Need to use time better.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

"Snuck" indeed. Would you say "wruck" for the past tense of "wreak"? Heck, let's use "twuck" for the past tense of "tweak".

I twuck that sentence a bit, snuck in a few foreign words, and look what it wruck! Compleat havoc.

In French I ask you for an information. And I find your cowboy behaviors very chic. I don't put broccolis in my salad much; I cook them. And I never verb my nouns -- au contraire, I noun my verbs.

You had to get me started!

This message was edited Jan 14, 2010 9:33 PM

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Roybird, my advice is to become a recluse for a while, and then add in friends one at a time.

I would not advise you to follow this advice, however.

Santa Fe, NM

I'm pretty much of a recluse. My dear friends think I need more company.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is not up to your friends to decide! That is your choice! Much as you may love your friends, they should not be allowed to control your life. But only you can decide how much friendliness is enough, and alas how to control it.

Sorry, picante,
I love snuck. It is natural language, not correct for sure, but we linguists know that language forms itself and we linguists run around trying how to figure out how to present it in a structure.
It is rather like plants. Plants evolve and then we figure out how to classify them.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh yes, the world is becoming snucker all the time. Truly, PJ.

Here is my favorite bit from a newspaper today:
"The unidentified man realized he had the gun when he was in the boarding area Dec. 13 and turned himself into TSA officials."

Please someone else tell me they see a leetle problem in this sentence.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

I didn't know there was going to be a test...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.