Offical Muffler Sulking Section etc part 4

Richmond, TX

Are there owls in that picture?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Doe you are doing good. LOL

We have the burrowing owls here in Florida. And you do not have to truck water in. LOL

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh Miss Dahlia that would be simply marvelous if you were to move to Lake Havasu... it is a friendly place. Billy and I will be there at the end of the month for Lil Delbert days, and the over 40 rodeo... That is where Billy got his first taste of mutton busting last year... It is a hoot
My Ex Son in Law worked with a preserve that built burrows in the desert somewhere between here and phoenix to save them.

Wren I would take him in a minute. I train my dogs like I train my horses, the gentle method, I figure it is good enough for the horses, its good enough for the dogs.. I know that training an animal takes time if they are going to be worth anything. Boozer is just now settling down, the heelers go thru the 2 year phase..

Terv's are ususally 3 years but Andre was 4 he is just now settling down.

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Okay, ta-DAH! Here is me, plus Chouette, plus fabulous NWD. I told the story to DH and he was amused and impressed....

Thumbnail by greenhouse_gal
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh wow! What a lovely photograph - you look maaaahvellous!! I love the colour of the NWD and HWD on you - perfect! And I love your sweater too! Beautiful! Chouette looks, well, chouette of course! Very festive, and so nice to have a face to put with your posts.

Clarkson, KY

Yay!!!OOOOoooohhhh, I'm SO glad. The color definitely works. Hope the rest was okay!! (I didn't have head measurements etc, thick and curly NWD) Thanks so much for the pic!!

Richmond, TX

Great color choice; looks as if it had been made to match the sweater!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

looks warm and comfy! I like the colour too, it really suits you g_g!!

Clarkson, KY

okay....excuse grow in advance, please, but she is OVER THE MOON about the way that color works with g_g's hair and eyes. She's beautiful and even if I didn't get enough green in her ~WDs I'm still mighty puffed-n-chuffed. {{happy dance going on here, lucky no one from the asylum can see me!!}} Color is my thing, yupyup...siigh.

Grow, g_g is over the moon, too, with the lovely NWDs! The hat is large but works as a kind of beret, and is even more fetching that way, *I* think! The color does go very well with my eyes and I just happened to be wearing that sweater today. It's very warm and comfy. I will attempt to involve my GD with the Attaching of the Beads, but I may just end up leaving them off. The black fringe around the Hat may be sufficient unto itself.

And oui, isn't Chouette chouette? I wanted to name her Bisous but a friend chose that for her poodle and I didn't want to be a - er - copy-dog. Chou's full name is Chouette Truffe, because she's black and quite texture-y.

Clarkson, KY

I have trouble with hat sizing. My head is extra small so all I know is make it bigger than I need for anyone over 12, lol. I wanted it to be big enough to cover your ears without your having to resort to flaps. The beret look is great. Was your hair black before you got that glorious silver? That was my guess anyway...why I picked those colors...

Where'd you see a photo, Grow? Actually I started off as a blonde and then it turned dirty blonde with a little red. Brown is probably the easiest way to describe the way it was. I'm the fair one in the family; I take after my Hungarian grandparents, not my Russian ones!

Lodi, United States

I saw you as a brunette too, g_g, but once I saw the beautiful pictures of you in the co-ordinated WD, I realized the error of my imagination....

i love when people post pics so i can match the face to the username. Yeah . oh it is so pretty on you . Yes the color is very striking iwth your hair.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Veddy nice!

Clarkson, KY

I'd never seen a photo...just pictured you with darker hair and fond of rich colors. Since you asked for green rather than earthy I figured you for a greeny blue-y, similar to myself but with more striking coloring...plus since your paintings use vibrant color -black trim, and old enough to have a highly inventive granddaughter -so gray. The 2 yarns are slate, sage, silvery blend and cobalt, hunter, black blend...

Elementary, my dear Grownut, I see! And smart of you to intuit that I don't dye my hair; most of my friends seem to!

Actually I do like earthy; I love that scarf that's at the top of this (very long) thread.

Clarkson, KY

I like earthy myself...but in it I look like Gerber byproducts! ew.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Great News... We have a new addition to the family.. The Maint guy at work brought him in to work today for Billy and Boozer. I had to hide him under my desk, and when my boss asked if I had a critter under there I asked Define Critter... Well anyhoo I said no, since he really is not a critter, and I went to walk down the hall and he started crying. I told him to Zip it and that is how he got his name. I was so busted, but well boss was ok since I knocked a big project out this afternoon...
SO Tomorrow I will post pictures of.........

Zipper.... He is a 6 week old shepard golden retriver mix, looking like a shepard... Booz loves him, Billy adores him, Blackie the cat is ok with him. He followed me around while I did chores tonight and Zipper is ok with the chickens, looks at the ducks trying to figure them out, and the horses.... He would not go no where near them. He is curled up on the chair beside me, he will have to learn he cant do that for long...

Richmond, TX

How exciting, do post pictures! He sounds like a good mix.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

A wonderful mix, and very, very hairy... lots of brushing in Billy's future. You'll be able to save enough to make many NWD and HWD within a couple of years easy. =0)

There's actually a woman down the road from me who has a business spinning and knitting people's dog's hair into loverly, very fashionable sweaters. I've seen some of her work at gallery shows and it's very, very nice.

Congratulation on your new puppy. Love the name. LOL

MissJestr, your energy and enthusiasm never fail to amaze and inspire me! Here's you taking on yet another critter that needs food, love, training, and lots and lots of time. Wow! I'll bet Billy is over the moon!

My labradoodle loved curling up in the chair with me as a puppy, the way all of my other dogs had, but SHE never got too big to fit, so much to DH's dismay she still joins me of an evening. And when we go out and have to leave her, she sometimes meets us at the door on our return with the cloth headrest from that chair draped over her back, so we definitely know where SHE's spent the time!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL Green I am thinking if I did not have Billy and the critters to keep me busy, I would be in trouble. I have been worried about my heeler since her friend has gone. I am hoping that Zipper Boozer will become good friends like Booz and Tiny were.

Jay that is intresting as we have discussed before, I can send mass quanity of horse hair in the spring, wonder what she can do with that??

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

congrats on the new puppy! can't wait to see pictures

yeah new puppy
i love puppies

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I've never seen her offer to do horse hair, MsJ, so I think you're on your own with that one... aren't horse hair shirts what the penitentes in the middle ages used to wear to atone for their sins, due to the constant abrasiveness? I really don't think you're needing that... just patiently dealing with what life is throwing at you these days is sufficient to atone for your wild and dissipated youth (I assume everyone here had a dissipated youth... that's what youth is for and why we're all so doggone interesting now! LOL)

I'll try and get a pic of the stampede string system for hats soon... but the SO is taking off right now, and won't be home til late.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

g_g your NWD is PERFECTLY WONDEROUS! Fabby job Cousin Grow! YA! about the new puppy MissJ. Pics and more pics please.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Wren, your box came yesterday! I really like it, it's so soft and cuddly! Beautimus, too! I'll post a pic as soon as I can get someone to take one of me with it on.

Lodi, United States

Puppy! I want a puppy....

Sadly I cannot have a new puppy for at least 10 years (probable remaining lifespan of my youngest dog), or until DH is out of the picture...

Whichever comes first.....:0)

That really is a wonderful mix, MissJestr. I have two GS now and my last dog was a Husky/Golden Retriever mix. I adore GS, but everything is better with a little Golden mixed in.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sometimes a DH can substitute as a puppy, especially when they make the puppy dog eye look.

At least you don't have to clean up after them having an "accident" on the floor.

But, you have to clean up after them in a great many other ways.

So scratch that, puppies are better.

Actually, lambs are best.

speaking of hairs.
my kids were watching a show called Wizards of Waverley place , its a kids show , kinda silly but they seem to like it.
so one of the characters is in love with the older brother and she knitted him a sweater made out of her own hair LOL eeewww. it was brown too.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Wren - first of all, I got my pethuds yesterday. OMG! They are HUGE! I've never seen them that big. They are nice & tasty too. Thank you! Also, I don't know if you're still updating the list of sulkers and enablers that are taking care of their needs....lol, but I will be making a watchcap for Jay.

I'm keeping you all in my thoughts that you and your families (whether human or animal, 2-footed or 4, furred or feathered), stay safe and warm.

Loreen

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Loreen is officially my favorite post-holiday angel! Oh goody, I'm in raptures... I was just outside watching my old truck get loaded up and hauled off and my ears are froze! I can hardly wait for my new watchcap in anything but earth tones... Loreen and I agree on that!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

2nd try here is our new addition to our family

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

sooo cute!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Boozer the heeler and Zipper

Thumbnail by MissJestr

That is one cute puppy!!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I can see the shepard in him and he is smart.. The guy who is working maint on the ranch came by this am and thought it was not right for him to spend the day in a cage, so he took him until I got off work. He said when he whined, he put him out of the truck and Zipper went Pee... Zipper still does not go around the horses yet... LOl but I think he is going to like the chickens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.