Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by arejay59
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I found you Robin, but the thread didn't carry over from the previous one. Maybe we should recheck the address.

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hmm !!! Imagine that ...I just tried it I will go have another look.BRB

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

How is that Al? Mindy are you here?

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Me, too.
After my walk in the woods.
52f. Sorta Cloudy but Beautiful day.
Dogs got some exercise too.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

52 sounds like heaven from here!!

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I have a question which probably seems dumb.
How do you experienced seeders sow minute seed without losing them?I have a few things to start that have extremely tiny seeds and not very many of them so I want to make everyone count!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Morning everyone!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Pray and plant!!

And don't try to cover, just let them do their thing.

Use a fine mist spray to water them softly so they don't get pushed away into holes and buried deep.
Hi everyone. Just checking in and off to go put laundry in and rest some. Got a headache going this morning. Heard from Mechelle and her son seem a bit better but still don't know what happened to him but think it could possibly be heart related so please keep up the prayers, he is not out of danger yet and still in the hospital.
Congratulations Hunny- hope the next 20 will go by just as fast. Bless you.
Seasonal stress seems to be lurking so everyone just take deep breaths and hang in there, it will all come out in the wash.
Back later.

Mekos, get feeling better, we have gardens to grow and I may need your
help. Hope your headache gets better.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm here now Robin had to get off and go to town just got back a few minutes ago. Stopped at a friend's to visit and showed my snowmen to her and darn if she didn't insist on buying all 10 of them and I forgot to take pictures of the darlings drat. But she did say it didn't matter if the doily she request I make that still likes the last 2 rows being done is smaller than hers which it sure looks like it's going to be just as long as it's the same pattern. Whew, I was having visions of having to make another one using bigger thread.
Beautiful day here warm at around 60.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Temp is beautiful here too but yard is like a bog......Everything is wet and its so humid... I want to get outside and play....Have to wear knee boots if I do... Just went and bought groceries... Guess I'll get in there and make up some goodies.....heres a recipe im going to make

Sausage and Cheese Crescent Squares

it calls for one pound of sausage and I always use 2--it is a big hit with my kids

INGREDIENTS
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1 lb spicy or mild bulk pork sausage
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles.
Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
If using dough sheets: Unroll 1 can of dough. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish;
press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
3. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently,
until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet; discard drippings.
To same skillet, add cream cheese. Cook over low heat until melted.
Add cooked sausage; stir to coat. Spoon evenly over crust in baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese.
4. If using crescent rolls: Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle;
firmly press perforations to seal. Carefully place over cheese. If using dough sheets:
Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13x9-inch rectangle. Carefully place over cheese.
5. Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into small squares.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 26 to 31 minutes or until golden brown.

They posted this over on the mid south forum .. some good recipes here if you have a few minutes to look ... my Dad makes this as a desert and uses pie fillings instead of sausage..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1057750/

Sounds good..Talk to you all later...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

That looks so good Honey!!

Sounds great Hunney. When I'm feeling better, I think I'll try it.
Just wante to tell you guys what just happened to me. A big Fed X truck pulled in my yard, Knowing I didn't order anything that would take that kind of shipping service, it was a mystery. My DH went to see and he came in with boxes from his waist to his head in size, stacked. I opened to see more seeds than I have ever seen at one time in my life. OH MY GOSH, lunch bags full of seeds! Arejay, these are for you and Cajun. I'll go through tomorrow when I get rid of this headache and seperate the vegies from the flower and ship out to you. Got the newbies stocked for a while. I'm still in shock.Little buddies let Arejay know if you could use any of these and send the envie to her and I'm sure she will fill your stockins well. LOTS of zinnias, marigolds and hollyhocks especially with lots more too but LOTS of those. WOW!
Thank you Trina, you are an Angel to help so much. Thank you. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I'm over whelmed now. My box to you was no where near this. !!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Awwww that Trina, she's just so darn sweet!!! Look at all the smiles she is gonna put on peoples faces... I remember how excited I was when I got my newbie seeds package....Thanks Trina your the best Girl... Mekos wish I could help you sort thru all those goodies... sounds like fun....

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Trina and Jan and all of you actually you are all just so generous. Did you take a picture Jan?THat was nice for you to say too Honey, I actually remember when I got my newbie package too, I was so excited. THat was a long way back now. I still get just as excited though every time a package comes in for the newbies and I get a surprise package every now and again!!
Thank You again Jan and Trina!! New Bees send your envies...................

I am so proud of you Trinia, Now mekos does not have to worry so much for Canjun getting seeds for her town.
It is wonderful.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

yeah arejay.... I know you have a hard job, and Im so thankful you give your time to do this for others, but I know when the mail truck arrives there has to be some excitement with each delivery...lol and going thru all those seeds... haha I'd be having a ball...

Has anyone heard from Mr. Tubby and found out how he is doing?
I haven't seen anything for a while and was just wondering.
RRM

OK this has already got the vegie seeds taken out and this is the box going to arejay. It's actually two boxes put together to make one big one. If that gives you an idea of how big this box is.

Thumbnail by mekos

This is a gallon size freezer bag I had started for CajuninKy and these finished filling it for her.

Thumbnail by mekos

This is just another view of Arejay's box. I kept the live flowers and bulbs and just a handful of seeds. The majority are all going to help others. I potted up the plants and put them in my greenhouse and the bulbs are going in my friendship garden. Trina, I just want to thank you again for all the seeds you have shared with us so others would have beautiful gardens and others would be able to eat. You are so sweet and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. God bless you and your family. If I can ever help you please let me know.

Thumbnail by mekos

What a wonderful delivery of Life.
Think of all the little lives in those boxes
and bags....

Literally millions! And think of the lives they will touch- millions ,cost for this love-priceless!!!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL Mekos bet you are feeling the Ella does when she gets all those seeds in to play with for a bit.
Trina got the seeds you sent me today. I'm giving all but 3 little packets to my sister for the lady she's trying to help with seeds.
Finally got one fancy doily ready to wash and starch. The starching part is the one I hate most on this one it's ruffly. And have to make one more baby bassinet cause another sister came today and wanted one with blue trim for her new grandbaby for the baby's parents. Oh and you all will have to wait on seeing other snowmen with different colored hats and scarves cause I showed them today to a friend who just couldn't let me leave with them so she bought every one of them before I thought to take a picture. I wasn't expecting her to go nuts over them LOL.

Mechelle glad to hear your son is doing better hope they figure out what's going on soon and let him come home for Christmas.

Enid, OK

Well, hello everybody - I think I have been lost. I was keeping up with the Goth garden group and lost them but I was lost anyway - Sorry RRM killed the pitcher :( didn't even take me long.

So, am I where I should be? Arejay, I got my newbie seed, thank you very much! I will be sharing some and planting some....

How did you kill it, girl? I got to get one for Trinia , I'll send you one in the Spring. Get everything you need before I send it. Collect that dog gone rainwater so you will have it. Have you been doing o.k.?? Missed hearing from you. Glad you finally caught up with us.
Yes, this is one of the places you should be. Don't feel bad I've had plants to die too, it's just a nature thing. You got to keep killing, I guess til you make them LIVE. You can do it...

Maybe it just went dormant. Might not be dead after all, just leave it in the pot and wait till spring to see what happens.

Enid, OK

I really don't know how I killed it! I got the stuff and the rainwater and I smiled at it every morning and it died. Let's skip the CP for now - I best stick to the basics - like digging; I am good at that.
Been doing good - seriously, I have been lost. I don't know how I did it but I couldn't find anybody; guess I have lost my mind finally - Mekos, I really, really need you living closer. You could babysit :) - you wonderful lover of babies. I like the ones you can send home!!
Hope you guys are all doing well. RRM, Mekos and Seray are you all here?

Anyone new I haven't met? If so, hello! I am a little crazy; just ignore the really wierd parts - it will be okay. I was perfectly normal a few months ago - I will probably be better when it gets warm and green outside!

Glad to be back all - I have missed everyone! Been cold, cold here (except yesterday, it was beautiful) so I sit on my butt and think about what I can plant where. I get really confused and may not get anything planted anywhere cause I don't quite know where to start.
Now I want a veggie garden too - can anyone say OCD? lol

Think I should post this pick on garden design? I could sure use some help!

Thumbnail by enidcandles
Enid, OK

Ummm, does it get all brown and funky looking when it is dormant? I will leave it - the ones Seray sent that I thought were dead are doing great! There is hope for me afterall.

Yep, dormant means looking dead but roots are still alive. It just might put out again. Seray is great at designing gardens girl. Does the sun come into the front of your house or back or sides or how? I love the cute creetsters by the way in your yard.

See, I told you. Yeah, they get brown looking. Don' give up on them.
I like your house, it just needs lanscaping. If you go to Garden design , you wil see a big red mule in a yellow hat. That is us too.
Remember, the Goth, ungoth and Friendship gardens. Go there too. We will help you. The wholes gang flops back and forth to
see what is going on. Spring is just around the corner, there is hope for you girl, don't give up or go too crazy. { Like your house
Especially that Big-eyed frog. I love frogs.
R RM

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 9:27 PM

Enid, OK

Yippee - the pitchers may not be dead - shoo... I feel lots better.

Thanks for the compliments on the house. The siding is cheap and horrible but replacing that has to wait. We just did the roof - one thing at a time you know. I love frogs too RRM - I usually have them stuck everywhere - I put most up for the winter. That big guy is just too dang heavy to move much. I did move him closer to the bird bath and facing the house the other day.

I will post on the other thread maybe tomorrow. I have not forgotten Charley! How could you ever forget such a cool mule?

I'm thinking of doing a game before christmas with a greenhouse with soil and seeds to grow some sarracenia minor plants for a bog or goth garden. Thinking about a scavage hunt any one interested? Second place will be green tacca seeds. I never did one of these games before so it's new to me and Seray will have to post rules of the game but if anyone is interested please post here or on the other thread we all gossip on so we can see who is interested in playing. This is better than a snow ball fight. If anyone has any ideas for a game , I'm interested also. So let me know and sound off.

Enid, OK

Oh, Mekos, not much is better than a good snowball fight! Especially if you are winning. lol Of course, I like to throw stuff so....

A game huh? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! If it involves making teenie, tiny stubborn seeds sprout, I am out. That's why I did't get in on the bat plant seeds - mine would never come up! I am not real brave yet so will stick to common, easy to grow stuff for now. I am going to try some winter sowing though. Been saving my milk jugs - got potting soil and seed - now a pretty day would be helpful!

I will play along if you don't make me grow anything and show everybody.

I tell you what, if you win, I'll let you pick what you want to grow instead of the pitcher plants and green tacca bat flower seeds. How is that?

Come on Enid, let's give it a try. I don't have any
confidence in me getting it, but I don't want to be a party pooper.
I just don't know, getting too old to play games. But I am in, if you all
will have me.....

Enid, OK

Oh, what the heck - I will play along, don't want RRM to have to play alone. Mekos, what are we going to do with you? You have something going on all the time. Auctions, games, trades...you are one busy gal.

So, when you set the rules, let me know what they are, you rememeber I don't do well with rules though. Kinda like laws, I only break the ones I don't like. LOL.

My newest "thing"; I want sedums and lots of them. Now, where to get them? I don't think I should run around town and steal them out of people's flower beds but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!! There are a couple different ones at my sisters that I will dig up later so at least that is a start.

Does anyone know anything about pregnant plants - the succulent that has babies on its leaves? My mom has a couple of those, I was wondering if they could go outside?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.