how singles

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Really like your seedling Lucy come one let's see the other. Here is Dog not great but she is fertile and I should see next year what kind of seedlings she throws. She is in, woops was in with tall bearded and treated as such, She is OGB but I think the regilia part is expressed more withher than her siblings (Lakeside ELf, Anehiem Daughter, and the new one 02AB05.

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

Not too happy with the looks of this one, Anita. & doubt that it is fertile.

Thumbnail by irisMA
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I like it. If you don't want it I'll take it. I don't care if its fertile or not. I'm not hybridizing iris, just looking for flowers. HEHE

South Hamilton, MA

Ah yes, but looking at them with the characrteristic for arils is best. It has the signal, but falls are too long, & a cross between aril form & regular pogon (bearded) form. The aril society would not like that type of plant put out. Hence the possibilities of the earlier siblings. Because of probable lack of fertility, corrections would be difficult to make. If you like to look at irises & we all do they should be plants with flowers which are the best we can do. I like to look at it also which it is why it is still around.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh, I understand that. I had a rose that Armstrong Roses grew and gave 50 of them to a club I belonged to many years ago.The first 50 people to get their request in got the rose as a gift. I never saw the rose on the market and years later contacted Armstrong about the rose. They demanded that I destroy the plant. They said it did not live up to their expectations and they had destroyed every plant they had and wanted me to do the same. I still have the rose. Right now it is with a friend in Ventura and she will ship it to me soon. It was called "Dark Knight". I can't show it, but I like it and will keep it and I told Armstrong that. I have found out that it is not a patented or registered rose.

South Hamilton, MA

Since not registered, 'Dark Knight' can be used on another plant so there may be confusion. why not give it a garden name which you can use. It is a well known fact that the year AFTER introduction of a plant, everything goes haywire.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Did not know that! Thanks

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Lucy looks more SDB in appearance but still I would try some pollen off of it should it ever produce any. especially with its growth habits.

South Hamilton, MA

Will see if it has any pollen, ha ha. I was so surprised when seeds were listed from shapaug River--to others another quarter arilbred. Some of the cross looked pure too tall SDB & out they went.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.