how singles

Raleigh, NC

^_^ and I'll bet many many takes to get it right.

South Hamilton, MA

some flowers are very difficult to photograph. MTB Billie the Brownie is one of those.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Billie The Brownie This is the only shot in many that was worth keeping

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Dainty Petit Brown 1974

South Hamilton, MA

Thanks for the hybridizer--I have never seen that iris. The B the B pic is brighter on the purple falls than it is. good try. It drives us crazy as far as pictures.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Anita, do post your Billie the Brownie photo in Plant Files. There is only one photo of it there and it is from 2006. You can make a little note saying it is not as bright as the pic if you like. Still, I think we need more than one photo of Bille the B.

Lebanon, OR

Not Anita but just added my picture to Plant Files

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh good! I am always lobbying for pictures for Plant Files. They help us newbies so much.

Lebanon, OR

I will only post iris I no longer sell, as there have been many of my pictures used without permission.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, we will enjoy the ones you no longer sell. Too bad that we can't see your current stock -- except on your website.

Lebanon, OR

There will be a page for that will list the ones that I have added this year, some new, some older.

Well if people would ask and acknowledge on ebay then maybe more people would post pictures, but I have taken alot of time and many hours now of lessons to just have them taken.

Sorry if this sounds mean but many growers that take alot of time and money are getting tired of the thieve.

D

South Hamilton, MA

Betty==The plant files picture of Billie the Brownie post ed by daylily has the standards the correct color--the fall petal facing you is correct-the petal towards the rear is too bright & the beards are sraight gold, not orange is the picture shows. It is really too difficult to photograph.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

So many beautiful irises! I saw at least 10 that I added to my wish list. There are tons of pictures that I need to crop and resize, and wanted to post and also put in Plant Files. Hopefully after the holidays I can get started on it, hope to get done before new iris season begins. LOL In the meantime, really enjoying all of these beautiful pictures and hope they keep coming.
RASPBERRY JAM

Thumbnail by Mshadow

BRONZE PEACOCK

Thumbnail by Mshadow

CASHMERE ROSE

Thumbnail by Mshadow

CATS EYE

Thumbnail by Mshadow

DEVOTED

Thumbnail by Mshadow

ERAMOSA SKIES

Thumbnail by Mshadow

LOUISA'S LONG, DRINKS AT SUNSET, TEMPLE OF TIME

Thumbnail by Mshadow

POND LILY

Thumbnail by Mshadow

NAPLES

Thumbnail by Mshadow

POET'S RHYME

Thumbnail by Mshadow

SLOVAC PRINCE

Thumbnail by Mshadow

FLIRTY
Picture from 2008

Thumbnail by Mshadow

ROGUE GORGE
Picture from 2008

Thumbnail by Mshadow
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas everyone. We are having a white Christmas, first time since 2002. Roads are really bad, so hopefully we will be having our Christmas tomorrow. Here we usually have rain first and did for over 24 hours, then changed to sleet, then snow. The wind was absolutely howling. Think we have about 10" on the ground now.

As for the photos...some I have, some are on my list and some are being added to my list, which is growing every day! Thanks y'all

Does anyone have a photo of "Faded Denims"? I have had it for several years, has not bloomed and can't find a picture. Would appreciate it.

rose

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Change Your Ways

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

French Horn

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Kelly Lynne

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Bold Imp

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

More Than White

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Raleigh, NC

Merry Christmas to All, and safe travel home to all finding their way there about now.

We're having a very wet rainy Christmas. I didn't even put out the luminarias because the rain was supposed to start right at dark. It held out until after one a.m. this morning, but the preceeding wind was setting fire to the lunch bag types. Now it's so foggy, traveling is not good.

Just heard from my son in Queens. He's well and working the holiday parties. That accounts for all my family so far that are safe and well. Hope all other DGers can say the same.

Dee, can see you're still working on your 2010 catalogue photos!

South Hamilton, MA

Let's try an arilbred seedling. They can be more spectacular than this one. The dark spot under the beard is known as a signal.

Thumbnail by irisMA
South Hamilton, MA

A sibling to the first one. If I have enough, Dee will test it for growth for me. Thanks Dee.

Thumbnail by irisMA
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I know form is all important to you, but I am rather fond of the first one even though the second one has better form, as I understand it. Can you tell I am in training to be a judge?

Lebanon, OR

LOL not at all pajar! We never can have too many! I like both Lucy, you want to see if the first does better here as well?

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I'm with you dee.

South Hamilton, MA

It depends upon the first growing here. It has been to CO & did well there. first yr It bloomed upon return here, last spring it was not seen at all & then this fall seemed to want to reappear. 2nd has stayed here, & while didn't bllom for one year, has always reappeared. They are OGB- so could be all right. A 3rd sib grows the best & doesn't have a decent form at all. We will see what happens this spring. ABs can be difficult in our climate, but they are different enough that I thought people might like the pics.

Lebanon, OR

the place the arils like the is the old rose garden, bigger rhizomes and better blooms as well.

D

South Hamilton, MA

compatable pals?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.